ad

Rate My Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anthony Bedford

Afternoon,
Has anybody seen this? I saw an add on Rightmove earlier today. Seems like a good idea? They survey the road outside a property and can tell you what the traffic is like etc. It's called Rate My Road (cant send a link because of forum rules).
Has anyone had one done?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hhhm, an interesting concept. I bought my last house just over a year ago and the main road we turn out onto is busier than I realised. I don't think this would have stopped me purchasing though and I think £600 for a survey is a bit on the steep side as it only gives you traffic information. There are other websites offering a similar service that offer a variety of info (such as crime rates, distance to local bus stops and train stations etc for free).

You could always visit the street you are considering buying in at various times of the day to check traffic levels. Not always appropriate though if it's a property miles away. I still think £600 is a huge amount though, especially when considering the outlay of costs already on the table with a property purchase.

Are you thinking of trying it for a residential purchase?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I have visiited properties in the past at different times of the day to see not only local traffic but how the area can change between night and day. You would be surprised!

Also, £600 for a traffic information survey - bit steep in my book although still a good idea. I bet someone else will do it for cheaper in the not too distant future.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I am always suspicious when someone posts something like this with their first post that it is a crafty attempt at advertising.

F

FWL

Very true and we have all fallen into the trap of writing about it and making it look like a legit post lol

In reality there is no need to push any service on a forum with your first post unless you have something to do with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.