Spain, France and the US still the most popular overseas places for British buyers

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Spain, France and the United States are the top destination for British people searching for properties overseas, according to the latest report from RightMove Overseas. Overall in July some 60% of locations saw an increase in searches while 39.87% of locations saw a decrease in searches and 0.06% of saw no change. European destinations saw [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Spain, France and the US still the most popular overseas places for British buyers

P

Paolo Agostinelli

I recognize that this post is almost 6 years old, but this is something that I am very curious about today....Since this article was published, how much has changed? Where do British buyers primarily invest overseas? Which foreign markets do the members in this Forum invest in? And for those of you who do invest overseas, I would be curious to understand your motivation and what types of properties and projects you are investing in.

F

FWL

The fall in sterling since Brexit has had a major impact upon the spending power of UK investors when looking overseas. Personally, I think the UK market will bottom out fairly soon and there will be good long-term value here. As has been mentioned before, it is a little ironic that everybody is criticising the UK for leaving the European Union when only a couple of years ago the euro was in serious trouble (as it still is today) and the withdrawal of UK contributions to the EU budget will have serious consequences in the short to medium term.

P

Paolo Agostinelli

The fall in sterling since Brexit has had a major impact upon the spending power of UK investors when looking overseas. Personally, I think the UK market will bottom out fairly soon and there will be good long-term value here. As has been mentioned before, it is a little ironic that everybody is criticising the UK for leaving the European Union when only a couple of years ago the euro was in serious trouble (as it still is today) and the withdrawal of UK contributions to the EU budget will have serious consequences in the short to medium term.
I appreciate your thoughts and your comments on the euro resonate with me. I recently posted on another discussion thread about how surprising it is to me that more people are not talking about the continuing and increasing debt crisis is both Spain and Italy, and how devastating that will be to the Euro. And you're right, the EU shouldn't throw stones in glass houses when criticizing the UK for their decision to detach themselves from a sinking ship.