ad

Garage Under/not Under the Blck

A

Anon Private

Hello,

I just want to get the views of those in the forum

A flat that I am thinking of buying has an allocated parking space in an underground garage.

The garage is not under the block and there involves climbing stairs and walking to get to the car.

The estate agent maintains that having an allocated space not under the block is an advantage because of the risk of fire, or other possible problems in the car park.

This may be true, but shopping could be a problem.

Have you expereince of this situation?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I cant see any way in which this is not a bonus? For dropping shopping at home is there nowhere you can park for 5 minutes outside your flat and then drop your car off at the car park? In a worse case scenario I am sure that you would be able to rent the car space to someone who lives/works in the area?

A

Anon Private

Thank you for responding.

On further consideration, the estate agent is probaly right that it is advantageous to have the car park under the adjacent, and very close, block. The walk is relatively short.

The roads around the block are very busy and there is usually no place to stop for five minutes - we considered this.

I need the parking space, so renting it to someone else is not an option.

The reason I asked this question was to get others' views regarding the advanatges of having a car park under a very close and adjacent block You concur with the agent.

Best wishes

M

Marshah

As an estate agent myself, renting it out is a good option and an extra income for you!