ad

I am looking to invest in property 100k GBP

M

Mikewhite90012

Hi

I am looking to invest in property 100k GBP, with high net yield, what kind of property do you advise me and why? I think for high yield it will be not in London

Any thoughts?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I think you have hit the nail on the head, keep away from London. Historically the North of England property market has offered relatively high rental yields (sometimes double digit yields) to make up for the sometimes limited potential for captial gain. However, this is starting to change now as investors begin to look away from the London property market.

I would also look at HMOs with one eye on the incoming changes due to come in on 1st October 2018.

A

Alex Deacon

@Mikewhite90012 have you given any thought to investing in the US? 100k can go a long way if you pick the right state and specific neighborhood. Buy and hold is probably a safer strategy then a quick rehab and sell.

L

lookinginvest

Personally as a UK investor I would stay aware from the US at the moment until Brexit is a little clearer and the currency markets are not as jittery. Not saying there is not value in the US but for UK based investors there are added risks at the moment.

D

Darianna

Hello for everybody! The most popular invest now is in Odessa (Ukrain) . Its very beautiful big and resort city on the Black sea coast . Every year come a lot tourists on vocation . For example - new apartments (one room, about 57 meters with the sea view) can cost about 80000-100000 $ .

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
That is a lot of money for a small apartment in a country that is still in conflict with Russia. You can get the same sized apartment for less than that in Cyprus which has much better weather and is a member of the EU. Much safer option.

F

FWL

I would be interested to learn the cost of similar sized apartments in Cyprus as this does seem to be a more stable political/economic situation.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
You can get one bedroom apartments from as little as 50-60K euros.

D

diyhelp

If we take the halfway point between the cost of apartments and monthly rental that gives an extremely healthy yield of around 7.6% gross (before any costs). Certainly worth considering!

M

MarkOBC

Thanks for that. Looks like a good opportunity for conscientious landlords

N

NumberOneProperty

Identify the type of risk you had not thought of before buying property anywhere.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
All property investment should be considered on a long term basis. Even though it is possible to make short term capital gains it is a dangerous strategy if you call the markets wrong and there is no real rental income to help with finance costs.