ad

Hello! Newbie about to start property journey from London

A

Akosiminghua

Hi, I hope all is well.

I am just starting out to do property renovation, buy a property - spending some money doing it up - then selling it hopefully for a good profit. I have created a Limited company so will trade under that. I understand I should get some insurance, such as Buildings Insurance while I own the property as well as company insurance such as employers liability, public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance. Does anyone have any company they use or contacts who could help me find the right insurance?

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from anybody!

Best,

Emma

F

FND Property

I use towergate for th budings insurance as they do policies for unoccupied / unfurnished properties and properties that are being extended / renovated. Did you gather and research ragarding the other insurances as i’d like to know that too?

A

Akosiminghua

Hi FND Property, thank you.

I've tried many but so far towergate are the only ones that have been helpful and can offer what I need

F

FND Property

Hi FND Property, thank you.

I've tried many but so far towergate are the only ones that have been helpful and can offer what I need
Did you find out what other insurance other than buildings you’ll need?

A

Akosiminghua

Hi,

I believe I need public liability and Employer's liability insurance as well? May i ask what insurance packages you got from Towergate? Did you get everything from them?

Many thanks,
Emma

N

nmb

Do you not think the London market might have more downside in the short to medium term? Or do you think the market has bottomed out?

A

Akosiminghua

I think the London market will slow down over the next few months although I don't see it sliding down, there's still the demand and not enough houses.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I think a lot of the doom and gloom is because of negative press coverage of Brexit. In my view this gives the UK an opportunity to arrange its own trade deals around the world - something we did successfuly before joining the EU. For an establishment which stands for "democracy" the EU is sure not respecting the will of the British people.