Is Vancouver the new London of real estate?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
For some time now the London real estate market has been seen as a safe haven for foreign investors looking to increase their real estate exposure. Is it a coincidence that the London property market seems to be taking a breather at the same time as experts are looking towards Vancouver as the next hot

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Is Vancouver the new London of real estate?

D

diyhelp

People are way too quick to write off the London property market - London has seen off tougher challenges than Brexit.

R

realdeals

Does this not also stem from the fact Canada has historically had a well managed economy? I remember back in the aftermath of the 2007/8 crash Canada was one of the better performing economies. Any coincidence that Canada and Australia (one of the few countries not to experience a recession after the crash) now have strong real estate markets?

D

diyhelp

I wonder how many property markets around the world are supported by "suspicious" money and overseas investment?

I would love to see an infographic on this :)

F

FWL

From what I remember, over the last few years there appeared to be blatant breaking of the residency rules by many overseas investors. The government were not too bothered when the market needed support but with prices pushed way beyond the reach of any first time buyers today, the Canadian population are in uproar. Truth is you cant have it both ways :)