ad

Where do you start the search for your next property investment?

N

nmb

I would be very interested to learn where and when property investors begin searching for their next investment. Do you have a new investment in mind before you have raised the capital required? Do you look at specific publications or websites? Or do you remain open-minded and see what drops into your lap?

KGeeson

KGeeson

Property Forum Staff
Forum Partner
You should have your funds in place first (whether cash, or finance and deposit) because a good deal won't hang around for long. You need to be in a position to move quickly. Your strategy needs to be prepared too (knowing the type of property you are looking for and the location) so that when a suitable property becomes available you can line it up against your tick box of factors before you go to see it.

N

nmb

I totally agree Kelly, unless you have your funding in place it can be very difficult to take advantage of an attractive deal at relatively short notice. However, when do you start looking for your next property acquisition? Do you wait until you have sold one of your other investments or do you have something in the pipeline?

S

sergerybrin

It is a most important decision to find where and when we have to start investing property ? Do you have a new investment in mind before you have Invest your property ,You have read the books, magazines and reports , before starting the searching process.
There are some Tips that is used before invest the property :
  • See whether you quality for an Loan

• Check your Credit Card Rating

• Consider decreasing your obligation Credit card limit

N

nmb

Pardon the pun but buying a property is like putting building bricks together such as information, research, finance and eventually finding your property. The Internet has totally changed the way in which we research property and also gives investors the opportunity to look outside of their traditional markets.

A

Andrey Sokure

I always use Newspaper and Craigslist to find any property investment. The Craigslist is highly Recommend

N

nmb

Has anybody used property auctions on a regular basis? I have heard many good and not so good stories about people finding properties at auction.

D

dasimond

Property auction can be tricky and boring. You can be there at the auction house every week but you will still find that the price is always the same, not much different from the market.

L

Luxurydigs

have you ever consult to letting service providers. They can suggest you best investment deal. Whether you decide for long term investment or short term investment desired for rental purpose.

L

lookinginvest

There are two ways to look at property investment, you either follow the new upcoming trends or you do your own research which can sometimes lead to contrarian investment strategies. There are variations in between these two strategies but you either go with the trend or do your own homework.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

In the early days I think it is best to stick with your local property market as you have more knowledge about the area, economy and future potential. Then, once you have "cracked" the local property market, you can use your experience to invest further afield. Small steps....

A

Andrey Sokure

Attend any kind of Property Investing Quick Start seminar in your nearby area

G

George Gonzales

you will be able to use this first property as a launch pad for your future investments.

N

nmb

I totally agree the newspaper/forum comment as this is very often information from people “on the ground”.

N

nmb

Hi @anngrant There is certainly nothing wrong with good old-fashioned newspapers. I would be interested to learn which newspapers you read for property market news?