ad

Property Investing.... Where do I start??

K

Kinvest

I have a keen interest too property develop when I can but want to gain knowledge on what is required and how to begin. I am currently a homeowner and have been so for 1 year.

Any direction would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I would obviously monitor this forum to keep up to date with other members and see what they are doing. There is also Google News which carries thousands of real estate articles each and every day - a great way to see what is going on in the wider world.

If any Google News articles catch you eye, why not come back to the forum, post the link and we can all discuss the issues in more details.

Regards,

Mark

George79

George79

If you want to become property investor, think about joint ventures for the beginning.

V

Victoria72

It depends on the scale of what you want to do and what you have to do it. I started out by initially downsizing a property to free up the cash from the rising value. I used the funds to assist in getting a buy to let property and went from there. I now have several properties and and a strong relationship with my lender and a good conveyancer and hope to keep growing my portfolio.

If you have no experiance in property I would definantly keep looking on here and out her resources to understand what's required and what will suit you the best.

macoto_

macoto_

Are you looking to get into BTL or developing? I've just joined this forum and it looks like a great source of info for BTL.

E

eddyarchy

I am in the same boat as you. I have joined this forum in the hope I can gain knowledge

M

markpeterson

You need to study on real estate market, how it works. You can join real estate communities and attend seminars.

Cyprus Property Buyer

Cyprus Property Buyer

Kinvest,

Property developing is quite different to buy to let and a lot of investors start with buy to let before moving on to property developing.
There are some excellent Facebook groups for property investors that you might want to join.
Do remember that BTL is a people business and if you are not a people person then pure property developing might be the route to go.
Good luck.

Cyprus Property Buyer

Cyprus Property Buyer

Sensible Property Investment

Another great way to learn about property investment is to pop along to the regular property meets around the country. You will find property investors of all levels and maybe other investors that you can joint venture with if you want to spread the risk of your investment.

One of the biggest meets and one I have attended in the past is the Berkshire Property meet. It is held on the 3rd Monday of every month and regularly has hundreds of investors attending.

Well worth a visit and there is sure to be a meet in your local area too.

A

Andrey Sokure

I highly recommend you to attend any kind of Property Investing Quick Start seminar in your nearby area

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
There are also property mentor courses – is there one on this site?