ad

Is real estate the new pension of choice?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
As more and more people look to invest in real estate for the long-term, there is a growing consensus that real estate is becoming the new pension fund of choice for people around the world. Do you have any views on this?

N

newsgprop

Banned
I agree, The more properties you have and those which can be rented out, when you are retired, you can earn cash flow

B

bruynjustin

Yes, real estate is also a better option for pension plan. Anyone getting into real estate today will have a far larger nest egg at retirement and better income through rising rents.

N

Nigel Bell

Not such an easy one to answer as there are so many variables to consider, from not just the country you choose to invest in, but often which part of a city. Liquidity is also a factor that should be considered i.e. can you get your money back out again quickly if you need it? At least with the stock market you can sell it fast. So, on reflection my advice would be to always have a balanced portfolio of investments from risky shares in start ups to blue chip corporations and the same goes for real estate. Have something in a regeneration area and something else that is in the best possible area/street you can afford. Lastly, stick to markets you know and understand. Why take the risk of buying in London when you live in Leeds or investing in high tech stocks if you are a medic?

Happy investing
Nigel K Bell

W

Wonderob

Yes, real estate is also a better option for pension plan. Anyone getting into real estate today will have a far larger nest egg at retirement and better income through rising rents.
In all honesty it's what I am relying on now

My pension doesn't seem to be worth nearly as much as I was hoping for!

A

aliciawillems286

Yes, definitely real estate is the best pension option. As the real estate market is growing day by day.

C

Clarus

This is the way I have gone, in fact I moved my SIPP from equities to purchase a commercial property a few months ago.

To me it's a no brainier, the tax incentives are fabulous and someone else is paying my pension contributions. Of course there is risk associated with this but it's something that is working well for me thus far.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Clarus

I would be interested to hear your long term views on the property/SIPP market.

For example, do you think the government will eventually allow residential property investments in SIPP or would this just squeeze prices higher and higher?

Regards,

Mark

C

Clarus

Hi Clarus

I would be interested to hear your long term views on the property/SIPP market.

For example, do you think the government will eventually allow residential property investments in SIPP or would this just squeeze prices higher and higher?

Regards,

Mark
Hi Mark

I really have no idea, but my thoughts are that residential property would be pushed higher. If investors could use the vehicle of a SIPP surely demand would be pushed higher.

It is interesting to note that we have been asked whether student accommodation can be bought through a SIPP. As yet I haven't been given a definite answer. Some providers have said no some are looking at it.

davidthompson221

davidthompson221

Yes it is

Definitely, Yes! Real estate is one of the best and solid commodity to start investing in for retirement. I would rather go investing in real estate rather than any other form of commodity in the world. Real estate never goes down in value it appreciates each year.

A

ajay72

My mother seems to be doing quite well out of it. Certainly a lot better than her pension fund. As someone with very little financial acumen, she bought her first property just because she couldn't decide what else to do with some money she had squirreled away.

W

WBAH

Definitely agree with this, anyone would struggle to steal your house. Unless you live in Romania, it happens over there.

C

Clarus

My pension plans are very much geared around my property portfolio. I have a particular favourite place that I'm renting now that will be where we move when the kids have flown the nest. Then the idea (fingers crossed) will be to spend the cold winter months at one of the places in Florida.

That way hopefully we can sell the house (we live in) with no tax liability and then move into property that I would be paying capital gains on should I sell them.

Then with the others in the portfolio live off the income, plus the commercial property in the SIPP. Hopefully have a nice retirement made possible by years of investing and renting.

Well that's the plan at least.

A

AshleyJohnson

Banned
Real Estate Alabama

Real estate is one of the best community for investing and it has lots of opportunities for making big profit.

L

loribarnaby

Real estate investing is actually increasing at a staggering price these days. More and more individuals are understanding that property investments can offer wonderful generating potential.Real estate investing is a procedure which has many attractive characteristics that make it the viable money producing chance. There are a number of benefits that go together with real estate makes new pension of choice:

1.Build Collateral in the Property: For those individuals who are contemplating investing in real estate on a long-term scale, there are specific benefits to doing so. When individuals purchase real estate as well as hold onto it for awhile, they are ultimately able to build a good deal of collateral in the home they are purchasing being an investment property.
2.Possible Tax Advantages: Another benefit of buying real estate for investment reasons is the feasible tax advantages that one might receive due to owning the investment property. Based on a variety of factors, individuals who personal investment home may just see some thoughtful tax advantages as a result.
3.High Rate associated with Return on the Sale from the Property: When the investment rentals are sold someplace down the road, the actual homeowners will most likely see a higher rate associated with return around the sale from the property. Depending on the market at the time of the purchase and sale, this rate of return might be more than generous when one looks at the revenue margin.
4.Lease the home to Tenants: While some property investors choose to purchase the property and then sell it shortly thereafter, there are more individuals who have a different reason for buying investment properties and wish to get yourself a profit by additional means.

E

EarthCitizen

Yes yes and yes! Beyond the reach of many in the UK, likely to get increasingly difficult given a continuing and rising chronic under supply of housing.

R

randyjones

Invest your money in property is very good idea to make money in future...

C

corywaddoups

Yes, investing in real estate for future is very good option. Because the rate of property in increasing day by day.