Can you build two houses on rustic land?

A

Alex73

Hi I was hoping someone on the forum would help me out regarding buying rustic land which has a urban property on it already .
Is it possible to knock down the old one and build a new one , and as the land is so big would it also be possible for me to build say a smaller prefab Type home on the other part of the land, which in theory is two properties on this land.

D

djsmachado

Hi Alex,

Let me try to understand your problem. Usually if a land is rustic you are not able to build any house on it. However prefab houses are not considered as construction and therefore you might be able to manage to do this without getting into trouble. If the land you want to purchase has already and illegal construction on it, you might get problems in the near future and have to demolish it completely. In case you want to demolish and rebuild a house where there is a legal one in a big rural land, you will be able to move the place of the house to any another location in your land, as long as it does not have any wall in common with other house but you wont be able to increase the size of the house.

M

ma2

Hi I was hoping someone on the forum would help me out regarding buying rustic land which has a urban property on it already .
Is it possible to knock down the old one and build a new one , and as the land is so big would it also be possible for me to build say a smaller prefab Type home on the other part of the land, which in theory is two properties on this land.
Hi Alex,
If there is a ruin on the plot you can demolish and build to the existing size plus 10%.
I think you will only be able to build on 1 level, but you need to check with City Hall planning. As regard the 2nd "Prefab" you may be able to build a wooden structure house, again you will need to check the current rules under PDM.
I have built in the Algarve and have connections with Construction Companies,Architects,Lawyers etc.

Mo

E

essex

Does anyone have any plots available for sale, can you point me in the right direction?