Looking to buy in the State of Georgia

S

sunny_UK

Hi All,

I have been looking at various homes in Atlanta, Athens and Lithonia. You can buy really nice properties for sub $60,000.

Does anyone have any experience in this State and can anyone shed any light on what the rental market is like in these areas of Georgia?

Regards,

Sunny

R

rossantony

properties or landplots?

Are you sure there a good properties for $60,000?

I know of plots on managed sub divisions with planning permission near Atlanta, Georgia for around that price, but not finished property.

Ryan M

Ryan M

In College Park the average house for sale there can be yours for just over $62,000. You can consider this for your budget.

R

rossantony

Land v Property

With a limited budget is it better to invest in Land, or Property?

Investing in property is like investing in a retail product. Investing in land with building licenses in place means you can make the strategic management decisions yourself, and so benefit from much greater returns.

S

sunny_UK

Hi rossanthony,

I don't have a limited budget, but i want to see how i get on with my first property without burning my fingers as i have been in the past.

But thank you for your input!!

R

rossantony

Good luck

The best of British to you

My recommendation is Lake Thurmond.

I have invested there in a land plot, and I am hoping to build it out in 5 years.

After 20 years of investing in real estate and getting my fingers burned,

I no longer invest in finished product as I like to have control of my money and the building project. The returns are much higher too, initial investment is lower, all it takes is a little patience..

S

sunny_UK

Hi rossantony,

Are the returns better owning land as opposed to land and property? If so, what kind of returns can you expect as an investor?

Regards,

Sunny

B

Billy_

Hi, Sunny! To know about the rental market in Georgia try to look through the prices at classifieds to know what to expect. Many people post their advertising at websites when they want to find tenants. So you can do your own research to verify what you need and shed light on the prices in rental market. It can help you to get more information.