Was I ripped off ? International City

J

jdonovan

Hi

I sold my 1 b/r flat in International City ( Persia) last year on advice of my letting agent who said values were going down rapidly.

I sold for 220k AED . Did I get a fair price or was I foolish to sell.

Nothing I can do about it now but would just like to know

Thanks

J

B

BobbytheBuilder

Hi

I sold my 1 b/r flat in International City ( Persia) last year on advice of my letting agent who said values were going down rapidly.

Thanks

J
In hindsight you made a bad decision but if prices were currently 150k you would be thinking you had made a good decision. Hindsights a beautiful thing.

E

East end barrow boy

Good price, as the reputation of International City, does put off buyers.
So sit back and be happy.

Barrow Boy.

A

andypandyspot

goodmove

id say wahtever you got is better than being in that crime ridden area ,iv heard its gangster run so dont loose any sleep and think yourself lucky

K

Keigan

The guys at Nakheel have done a bad job at maintaining IC. Property prices over there have not gone up much. I would rather put my money in Marina and JLT where it is more accessible. Property prices are going up in other areas. But I think it was good to get rid of the IC property.

I

Investoman_uae

id say wahtever you got is better than being in that crime ridden area ,iv heard its gangster run so dont loose any sleep and think yourself lucky
Hahaha gangster run, i like how you put it. Come on its not so bad, plus it is the fault of Nakheel for poorly managing the facilities there hence creating safe haven for "gangsters" to run wild around IC.

J

jwayne592

Bad Decision

Unfortunately it was a bad decision to sell so low. The 1 beds are now fetching 400000AED but like someone mentioned previously hindsight is a wonderful thing. At least you had a property completed to sell that's one bonus.

K

Kevin.V

Hi

Hey,

Chill and be happy..
That the best decision you have made.
Think bout it, you would wait till now and get probably 150 or 130K
Yes i agree the markets looking upwards.. but then i dont think IC is in the same league as any other projects. If it was lesser than your 220K it would b a rip off.

Trust me enjoy n dont bother...

Cheers,

Kevin

E

elwood

a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush

it is very much opinion based, no one wants to feel ripped off nor do they want to feel they made a wrong decision, sounds daft but follow your instincts and remember in any climate --What is in it for you ? or otherwise - what is the point, Maybe it allowed you to do something else ?

we never regret, we only learn.

G

GregRalph

International city

I sold two studio's on the Greek cluster last year for 150K AED each, I sold another two in June 1 x 1 bed and 1 x studio and got 500K AED for the pair and I sold my last studio last week for 305K AED. I would say you got the right money at the time, however I like you wish I would of held on a bit longer. I have been informed that rent will be increasing to around 30K AED on studio and 40K AED on 1 beds upon renewal.

Hi

Thanks

J

J

jdonovan

Thanks for your reply Elwood and everyone else who responded.

Sound advice. There are clearly some wise people on this forum.

Cheers

J

jackalex545

Distance is not much from Bur Dubai. Might take like 15-20 mins make it 1 hr on a bad day excess traffic. I dont think any public buses go there I'm not sure though. Taxis would also be difficult to get from there. And if you go anywhere out in taxi from International city, its gonna cost you atleast 40 bucks one way.