Real Estate in USA

changlee

changlee

Does anybody knows where can I be informed about the rents in Chicago?

A

ask4roberta

I would say Florida, California, Nevada, Arizona - sunbelt states

changlee

changlee

Please, do you know a website to view rent rankings? Thank you.

A

ask4roberta

Florida and a few of the other sunbelt states are excellent areas to invest in the U.S. The prices are not only VERY low right now, but, unlike the rustbelt states like Michigan, Ohio, where prices are also low and people are leaving in droves, the sunbelt states will continue to attract people because of the climate and lifestyle.

moellerryan

moellerryan

We have done 100s of hours of research on factors that impact value and markets. We find the smaller, less hyped markets to be the best. FL has a lot of population growth but most of their markets unemployment is astronomical as is vacancy, foreclosures and other negative factors. A brutal combination. Detroit got destroyed but is actually rebounding and savvy investors will make a killing. OH also has some great markets, these markets have a growing population, below average unemployment and near the highest cash flow for rentals and near the highest discounts for foreclosures. You can check out census and department of labor for population, unemployment and vacancy rates. The best thing about the Rustbelt cities is their is very little competition, couple that with plenty of foreclosures and you can cherry pick incredible deals. I live in CA and used to invest in areas like San Diego and Phoenix but now I won't touch these markets. Our due diligence on the factors that impact value and a market leads me to incredible markets that are absolute gems.

K

kevtracey

Although U.S. real estate property is cheap relative to other developed markets, there are still many pitfalls you need to avoid. Definitely do your due diligence like you would anywhere before buying.

In my experience, buying low capital outlay properties with high net yields has worked in Florida. This is the low risk option so that at least your property can be paid off in 5-10 years and selling at your original purchase price is your worst case scenario.

C

Cosmo

Hi,
Yes USA property is quite cheep these days, maybe the crises has lowered the prices and some estates are very cheep. Even new homes in Bothell come at a very low pricing. I don't think it will go, this way forever but this is definetly the time to buy.

changlee

changlee

Dear Cosmo,
SO what is the price for a 1 floor house in Bothel?

Here in Greece we are facing a big crisis too but the estates are high ...

M

mikciani

I don't think anyone would argue about the relatively low cost of housing in US. I am looking to make an investment purchase over there towards the end of this year, however it can be quite tough for an outsider. For starters Where? The US is so big with varying prices, rental yields etc etc.

I will go to The States for a couple of weeks to make a purchase, however I thinnk it would be quite easy to go there and come back confused.

What are peoples opinions for the best places to invest in US?
Hi - I have some property in different countries including Brazil, France, UAE and the USA. I recently purchased in the US in Miami and Pontiac near Detroit. I bought a Miami studio for a small price in South Beach for 70K USD and did some work and now rent it for 800 USD. I think the apreciation potential is huge as for that price in Europe you know buy a garage... the yeld is also decent around 6% . Be very carefull with the condo fees that can eat on you!! chose a condo with lowest fees!
For Pontiac the whole experience has been a nightmare. I purchased thru a British agency - they promised 40% yields in fully tenanted house sold for 25K USD . As I bought the tenant stopped paying the rent and only left three months after . After that the agency was never able to rent the property again. It is now one year. In the meantime i received old unpaid taxes for Ks of dollars and the house got burgled.... I don't know what to do anymore...
Bottom line : buy in Miami and avoid Detroit ...

K

karenfulton

things to consider

Not sure about Indianappolis, never been there personally, however here in nevada just a couple things to consider especially if you are looking into condos/townhomes. The purchase price may look really great at 30-40k, make sure you check into the HOA (home owners association) if any, these can be sometimes very high depending on the association and the property taxes as well wherever you decide to purchase as well as the going rate in that area for property management services and if you need any particular insurance on the property, like flood, earthquake, etc.. Taking this into consideration you may find that quickly your outlay each month vs your rental income isnt as great as you had hoped. If everything pencils out correctly than you have found something worth making an offer on.

D

Dave_Velasco

In short, is US still worthy to have real estate property investments on them? I am actually planning to get one over next year probably - but I am second guessing. Can you think of better countries to invest in for RE properties?

K

karenfulton

yes, yes, yes

As you can see my reply is a big Yes to investing in the USA. If unfamiliar with cities, states, check into the chamber of commerce and the building department find out what the plans are from the local government in responce to supporting local businesses, bringing in more businesses and city development. This will give you a good indication if the economy there will be expanding or not and if it is a good place to invest in.

D

Dave_Velasco

RE everywhere is good. But what makes it better is when you invest on your home land.

A

atlantarealtor

Atlanta is place to invest. I live here, and even invested myself- how can you beat s new 3 bedroom home right outside Atlanta that sells for in the $30Ks that rents at $900/month? Again, maybe I am partial, but I just don't know where there is as much business hubs like Delta, UPS, and Coca Cola, and still hit those prices.

A

aptmav

I invested in the Atlanta market and I own a home in stockbridge. I agree that you pick properties up very cheap but my experience is there is an overwhelming surplus of properties available in that market. In addition Urban sprawl is also heavy as there is nothing geographically challenging to stop the outward growth of the metro area. What I do believe is the long term upside is enormous because of the reasons you mentioned such as hubs like Delta UPS and such. One thing for certain is acquisition is easy but disposal even rentals are more of a challenge in Atl Metro. Maybe I bought in the wrong areas for rentals like Decatur, Southeast Atl etc.

J-Nevil

J-Nevil

When looking at properties abroad you are probably best not only visiting different areas but speaking to a few different Real Estate Agents.

One of the great things about the U.S is their Real Estate industry. It works so much differently to in the UK as you can literally think about what you want from a home and they will go and find properties for you, they don't even need to necessarily already be listed with them.

The States of America do differ greatly so you need to think very strongly about what would make your ideal area to live. Would you want to live in a city, a suburb or somewhere far more rural in which case you would be looking at Southern America.

There are a few different Real Estate Agents that offer a very bespoke service (depending on your budget) where they will accommodate you whilst you visit the area you are looking to purchase a property in. The gist of this service is that you get to know the local area before you buy, so you 'effectively' are let a property for a short period of time whilst you visit. Some even offer Chef's and a chauffeur service or car hire.

It really depends on your budget and what you want. <SNIP>offers an example of the service I have described above, based in Charleston, South Carolina in case this is somewhere you have looked (I have visited, it's a very traditional and proud historic town but beautiful with modern amenities available).

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AshleyJohnson

Banned
Montgomery AL property

The north central part of the United States (the Plains states) has cheaper prices, and much less (and sometimes no) appreciation. There are often issues with job shortages, and some of the large cities have shrinking populations

E

Elo Stew

When looking at properties abroad you are probably best not only visiting different areas but speaking to a few different Real Estate Agents.

This is a great example. Charleston City has awesome places including real estate properties. You may check the attractive cities here https://selltobrandon.com/

Last edited:
D

DelilahFrancis

Why invest in real estate when you can invest in a business or cryptocurrency.