Please let me know how much your broker/agent is charging as a management fee.

K

Kind

My broker is charging AED1000 annually as management fee for single studio apartment. Besides, he charges huge amount for sending contracts by courier and remitting rent. Is this normal ?
He is not sending my rent on time and keep the money with him for several months. He gets all the cheques issued in his name and I have to chase him everyday.
Any advice on this will be highly appreciated.

eyeC

eyeC

why do you allow him to take cheques in his name all you need to ask the tenant to pay rent to your bank account every 3 months but if you want to receive as a security all the cheques for the year than they can still write the cheques in your name and kept with the broker to be deposited to your account using any atm machine this will mean you have to compensate him for the additional work.

still 1000 aed is excellent bargain for the provided service of collecting rent and sending it to you. its like paying only $250 which is nothing if you compare it to other countries around the globe.

if i was a realtor i would never accept such low fees for the amount of work done and all the risk involved so definitely you have a good bargain.

Last edited:
B

BobbytheBuilder

My broker is charging AED1000 annually as management fee for single studio apartment. Besides, he charges huge amount for sending contracts by courier and remitting rent. Is this normal ?
He is not sending my rent on time and keep the money with him for several months. He gets all the cheques issued in his name and I have to chase him everyday.
Any advice on this will be highly appreciated.
You need to look for a new agent. He's taking the p&#$ out of you. I know a good agent, send me a PM and we can discuss it.