Anyone familiar with Cannes rental market

T

thedjr

Hi,

I am considering investing in an apartment in the centre of Cannes, to benefit from both the convention and the holiday rental markets.

Does anyone have experience of this please?

Would an apartment in the centre of the Banane always (or nearly always) be rented out for the conventions? The agents say so, but who knows what the truth is.

Many thanks

L

Lysos

In any market in any country agents will tell you what they think you want to hear. There must be French rentals sites similar to 'Holiday Rentals' & 'Owners Abroad'. Find them and look at properties as a potential renter. You will see what rents are and the rates of occupancy.

Having said that I would counsel that only a minority of owners anywhere make a profit from holiday lettings, once all costs are factored in. As an investor you should be looking for long term tenants.

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
cannes

If you are looking to rent the property "Nice" is brilliant. I have had a property in Nice for the last five years it is rented out nine months of the years at top rent . Cannes or any other part of France ( Paris not included ) is very seasonal.

You have no chance of Mel Gibson renting your property during the festival etc. All hype by the estate agents.

I dont think we have personal mail facility on the firum other wise I would have given you the link.