English Speaking Lawyer Required Ideally Based in Paraiba

P

puthsardarade

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good english speaking lawyer based in Paraiba.

I need some work carried out including transfering deeds of a property that I have completed on etc?

Thanks in advance

G

growler

Puthsardarade, did you buy through an agent? If so, they should be able do deal with that for you.

I'm no expert on this but normally when you purchase, the agent will do the necessary checks to ensure there are no debts on the property etc, and then arrange for trhe transfer of the Deeds after payment.

P

puthsardarade

Hi,

The agent in question is no longer operating, the intial work has been carried out by a solicitor in relation to the purchase, however I now need a solictor ideally based in Brazil to transfer the deeds over to me - they could be UK based but they need to have an associate in Brazil for this work. Any advice/suggestions on recommended solicitors?

Thanks

debzor

debzor

Hi,

The agent in question is no longer operating, the intial work has been carried out by a solicitor in relation to the purchase, however I now need a solictor ideally based in Brazil to transfer the deeds over to me - they could be UK based but they need to have an associate in Brazil for this work. Any advice/suggestions on recommended solicitors?

Thanks
There are some English speaking Brazilian attorneys here in Brazil, but first please advise exactly what paperwork you do have.

G

growler

but first please advise exactly what paperwork you do have.
Also, where in Paraiba have you bought? It is quite a large State.

P

puthsardarade

Also, where in Paraiba have you bought? It is quite a large State.
Purchased in JP.
All the due dil, checks etc have previously been carried out, I have my cpf number etc - just need to transfer deeds over to myself and my previous solictor can provide poa to my new solictor if required.

Thanks

debzor

debzor

Purchased in JP.
All the due dil, checks etc have previously been carried out, I have my cpf number etc - just need to transfer deeds over to myself and my previous solictor can provide poa to my new solictor if required.

Thanks
Exactly what paperwork do you have? If you have a copy of the signed and notarised contract in Portuguese, with matricula number, etc, then there may be a chance you can proceed. If it is simply the lot number, etc, and receipt for payment to an agent, then there is little chance of success. Sorry to be so blunt, but better to be realistic straight away...

You also mention a previous attorney - if he has all the details, why not use him?

P

puthsardarade

Exactly what paperwork do you have? If you have a copy of the signed and notarised contract in Portuguese, with matricula number, etc, then there may be a chance you can proceed. If it is simply the lot number, etc, and receipt for payment to an agent, then there is little chance of success. Sorry to be so blunt, but better to be realistic straight away...

You also mention a previous attorney - if he has all the details, why not use him?
I have the notarised contract in Portuguese, as there appears to have been no recommendation I will select someone that's quoted me.

mikesmith

mikesmith

English speaking property lawyer in Joao Pessoa

Hi there,
Not sure if you`ve had previous contact but Steve and Patricia at braziloverseasproperty in Cabo Branco should be able to help.
Steve has been selling property for over 8years in JP and his wife Patricia is a property lawyer.Let me know if you need their contact details.Mike

T

ttt@marbella

English speaking property lawyer in Joao Pessoa

Hi there,
Not sure if you`ve had previous contact but Steve and Patricia at braziloverseasproperty in Cabo Branco should be able to help.
Steve has been selling property for over 8years in JP and his wife Patricia is a property lawyer.Let me know if you need their contact details.Mike
Hey Mike
If you are still a member please would you contact me by PM regarding your bad experience in Brazil using braziloverseasproperty.co.uk

Anyone thinking of getting legal advice from the people stated in Mike's post should be warned