Exhibitions in the UK

B

Barlavento

Can anyone tell me of any cheap but well located exhibitions in the Uk this year.

B

brooksalgarve

International property show series see website and speak to Ian Dougall MD

B

brooksalgarve

International property exhibitions

direct - exhibitions hosting two shows in northampton & chester , i understand 3 more planned for surrey, london and dublin

P

Paul Manning

My wife attended A place In The Sun in Birmingham this year and she talked to many of the exhibitors and they were all saying that there is a real buzz about Portugal at the moment. I think they have two exhibitions a year generally April and October.

When we started looking to move to Portugal in late 2006 there seemed to be a whole roadshow of exhibitions around the UK. Do these still happen now or has the recent recession killed them off?

J

jdmat1

Hi Paul - we xhibited at the show at Earls Court back in March. We had alot of interest in our Silver Coast properties purely because of better value for money and arguably - more natural surroundings. I wouldn't say there's a 'real buzz' about Portugal - but as an agent I do believe that certain areas offer good long term value in a beautiful country.
We own a second home near Obidos Lagoon and absolutely love it.
My advice - take your time, it's a buyers market. Find the right area where you know you can rent and/ or resell. Invest for the long term and avoid 'no money down' deals.
As for property shows - it's all down to finding someone to trust. Find someone who deals with fact - not spin!
In terms of exhibitions - APITS is the main exhibition with 2 shows each year in London and Birmingham. Other shows do exist - but do not attract as many exhibitors/ attendees

lulu87

lulu87

can you tell me the address of this, im interested in going to view it.

AshleyIngle

AshleyIngle

opp live events, A Place in the sun event are the big ones, however, there are others such as the property abroad show and EPEX

S

shari1234

Well the next "A place in the sun" exhibition in Earls Court, London is on 11th - 13th March 2011.