Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eric Salt

Hi Elaine,

My first reply,I am not sure how to use the Forum yet.

Eric

queenie40something

queenie40something

I have just registed on this forum,I have an apartment in Sharks Bay Oasis ,I am Simon Watts neighbour.

I recognised the roof terrace which is attached to mine !!

How do I contact you Simon?

Sorry no idea how to use the site yet ??

Eric

Hi Eric and welcome - I have an apartment in Nabq and mine was furnished by Idea4furniture based in Sharm - think Simons was too. Also Bakr from Homes is very good and he has given me good prices for fly screens. He measured my neighbours and fitted them the next day.

I

Inez

Hi everybody,

I`m searching for relaxing, stylish pufs in Egypt but a good quality. I found just very bad options. Do u know anything ab it? Thx a lot for everybody ;)

I

Inez

Hi there,

I have some photo of similar puf which I`m looking for, maybe one of u can help me than. Thx a lot.

Attachments

Geir

Geir

prices

Prices for example of this Nubia style on this link Pinocchio Furniture

around twenty thousand or more Egyptian pounds where we can deliver same for around 14000 L.E only and we already delivered same in Sahl Hasheesh and you can check attached picture and you can find it in apartment 233 & 505 in El Andalous Project at Sahl Hasheesh
Hi!
Been looking around for furniture packages and there is not many who has that. I think thats what those who delivers furnitures in Egypt should know: We need packages with prices on. Pics to look at to see what we pay for. Also stoves and refrigirators.
When we as buyers are down in Egypt we dont have time to go from one shop to another to compare prices. Much easyer on internet. Be profesional, make internet sites with pics off the packages WITH prices.

Regards Geir Moen.

Geir

Geir

furniture package

Ive sent you my email

Regards Geir Moen,

Just to make it clear. My comment was a general one. I dont say that noone give us their packages or prices. But theres a lot off comapanies who sells furniture that dont tell us what the cost is on their own internetsite. And as a buyer in Egypt it would be much easier for us to know the price before we go to Egypt. Time is money and spending days from shop to shop in our holliday seems waist off time. That was my point. But to those companies who DOES have what we want i just say JIIPPII! :laugh:

Have a nice day.

Regards Geir Moen.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Just to make it clear. My comment was a general one. I dont say that noone give us their packages or prices. But theres a lot off comapanies who sells furniture that dont tell us what the cost is on their own internetsite. And as a buyer in Egypt it would be much easier for us to know the price before we go to Egypt. Time is money and spending days from shop to shop in our holliday seems waist off time. That was my point. But to those companies who DOES have what we want i just say JIIPPII! :laugh:

Have a nice day.

Regards Geir Moen.
Hi Geir, good points raised and just to add even if they do show prices most breakdown the packs so they can hide the actual cost so you still don't know exactly what you will be paying, they think people are :stupid:

Geir

Geir

furniture package

Hi Geir, good points raised and just to add even if they do show prices most breakdown the packs so they can hide the actual cost so you still don't know exactly what you will be paying, they think people are :stupid:

Well i know for sure what i would have done if i had my own company selling furnitures in Egypt. The problem is that we are two different cultures. The Egyptians needs to understand how the europeans wants it and how we think. Espesially selling both furnitures and property to us.
Alll we Europeans wants, is a internetsite with pics off the furniture, prices, accesories, kitchen, bath, bedroom, livingroom. All made easy on the internet. With prices for each item or packages. After all, we still are home and not in Egypt when we look for furnitures and packages.
It seems to me that many, not all, off the Egyptian companies are so afraid or to unprofessional to tell us what things costs. How are you going to sell it? Ive looked at several internetsites and it makes me so frustrated when all the company says is that they sell furnitures. My god, i know they sell thats why i look at their internetsite. But if thats all they can tell you then you can be sure that I will not visit this shop when i visit Egypt.
Why cant anyone tell the Egyptians how we want it? It should be easy as he.....:D

Regards Geir Moen.

H

hannacas

Matters shop in EL Kawthar

Hi there,
recently I found quite interesting selection of furniture in Matters shop.
it is at the end of EL Kawthar, after Metr supermarket.
For soft furniture I am still looking, but they had nice lamps and bathroom designs and some small accessories like plastic flowers etc

J

jojo2005

Hi - I will be coming out to Hurghada in a couple of weeks time and don't want to spend all my time shopping! How can I get to see your catalogue Julia. Also does anyone know where I can get some kind of large locking box from or am I best off bringing photos of a blanket box and getting a carpenter to make something like that? Any help much appreciated.
Jo

A

anokayperson

Banned
hi - what we have done in the past is taken some catalogues like ikea, argos and also the digital camera with photos on. carpenters over there are excellent and can do almost anything to your liking. good luck!!!

J

jojo2005

Carpenters

Hi and thanks. That sounds like a plan - are there a good selection of wood types available? I want to have made an attractive box (like a blanket box) to lock up with personal bits in so that one day in the future when I have stopped lugging bits over there I can do away with the checked bag!

A

anokayperson

Banned
hi, they usually have a sample of woods to show you and are very accomodating for your needs. some of our friends use their own kitchen units when they rent out and put their personal stuff in there with a small chain and padlock.

A

anokayperson

Banned
Hi and thanks. That sounds like a plan - are there a good selection of wood types available? I want to have made an attractive box (like a blanket box) to lock up with personal bits in so that one day in the future when I have stopped lugging bits over there I can do away with the checked bag!
hi - do you use the 'checked bag' instead of a suitcase - never thought of that. They can take a lot.

Last edited:
J

jojo2005

Ideas

hi, they usually have a sample of woods to show you and are very accomodating for your needs. some of our friends use their own kitchen units when they rent out and put their personal stuff in there with a small chain and padlock.
....thanks to everyone for their help and to the above for the second blinding idea!Check bags weigh next to nothing! Alas my own reference was to the process of putting your belongings into the hands of the airline and paying extra for the privelage......you've certainly solved my problem of getting bedding out there. Roll on mid June.:cheers:

J

jojo2005

Many thanks

......I have indeed arrived and have had nothing but good experience in Hurghada from getting my Egyptian sim and mobile internet connection on the very first day to moving into my new apartment on day 3! Furniture to borrow for this week and an introduction to the carpenter who looks after all my sellers needs - all has been a positive experience.

When I return to the UK and have some time (I prefer to spend my free time here enjoying the ambiance!) I will start a new thread telling all of my positive experience.

P

Phillip G

Good Furniture

Hello Everybody!

Living here for 3 years now & used Finally Home for all my property furnishing requirements. No hassle, delivered on time & cost effective - thank you guys!

Z

ZoZo

Buying Furniture

I have purchased a 1 bed apartment at Palma Resort, on the coastal road half way between Hurghada and El Gouna. The most amazing furniture shop is on the same road and called Finally Home. They have built furniture to my own design and furnished the whole apartment, including fitted kitchen, Very good quality and affordable prices. I dealt with an English Sales guy called Philip who lives out there, realy helpful and kept me updated via email. I would certainly recommend going to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.