I need investment advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mathew74

I am thinking about doing a 2 property deal tomorrow and would like to hear what you think about it. The properties are in extremly desireable areas of the Phoenix metro area(3,000 sqft. in Chandler & 1700 sqft. in Gilbert). Chandler property is a sale price of $515,000 and the Gilbert property is a sale price of $360,000. I will get a total of $65,000 back at the close of both properties. I will live in one and rent the other out. I plan to use the money to do a couple of rehab projects. I can borrow from hard money and use my 65,000 to do the repairs. These type of projects are hard to find but still can make $10,000- $15,000 profit off of each. Also I want to invest in some pre-construction projects but will have to make some quick cash first to pay my 2 huge mortgages. My problem is I am scared to do this deal. What if it goes wrong? I have never even owned a home before. I am young and have never invested money in anything. I make decent money but not enough to cover this mortgage for to long if my plan does not work out. I do know a good deal about real estate, I am a mortgage broker with a background in construction. I think this will all work out but like I said I am afraid to think what will happen if it don't. Please give me any words of wisdom you may have. Thanks from th bottom of my heart.

A

andrew47

Any Investor whether it be real estate, stock market, etc. needs to visit this site before jumping into the world of investing. It can get quite hairy at times. If you are scared now? you are in for quite a ride. Real Estate investing isn't all its cracked up to be for A LOT of people. Most jump into it because of the success stories, having no real clue what they are doing out there thinking that its fool proof...There are many fools in Real Estate.

One quick statement...Those who invest don't become wealthy with the "low risk" investments. High risk pays high dividends! Low risk pays a salary!

You can't be scared to loose. Sometimes putting it "ALL" on the table makes you work that much harder to become successful and in turn will make you SUCCESSFUL! If nothing is on the line, you have nothing to loose and 9 times out of ten...YOU GAIN NOTHING!

Check out the site getrealrei.com. It will give you the confidence you need to go into Real Estate Investing! Good luck!

C

catalogguy

Hmmm

I understand that your market area is very slow and may still be trending downward. That makes me not want any large mortgage payments. I am not sure how you intend to make money on this deal. If you are looking at long term, I think your costs to hold will eat up your eventual returns. Rental numbers are not really going to contribute enough to overcome your very high acquisition costs. Market momentum is not going to bring you sufficient appreciation in the next few years. I would avoid this unless you are a rich doctor with 300k yearly income and looking to store cash.

I am thinking about doing a 2 property deal tomorrow and would like to hear what you think about it. The properties are in extremly desireable areas of the Phoenix metro area(3,000 sqft. in Chandler & 1700 sqft. in Gilbert). Chandler property is a sale price of $515,000 and the Gilbert property is a sale price of $360,000. I will get a total of $65,000 back at the close of both properties. I will live in one and rent the other out. I plan to use the money to do a couple of rehab projects. I can borrow from hard money and use my 65,000 to do the repairs. These type of projects are hard to find but still can make $10,000- $15,000 profit off of each. Also I want to invest in some pre-construction projects but will have to make some quick cash first to pay my 2 huge mortgages. My problem is I am scared to do this deal. What if it goes wrong? I have never even owned a home before. I am young and have never invested money in anything. I make decent money but not enough to cover this mortgage for to long if my plan does not work out. I do know a good deal about real estate, I am a mortgage broker with a background in construction. I think this will all work out but like I said I am afraid to think what will happen if it don't. Please give me any words of wisdom you may have. Thanks from th bottom of my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.