Good news stories - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

Hi everyone.

Seems that we're only seeing lots of bad news postings these days.

There must be some happy owners out there - anyone like to give some examples of completed projects / good quality finishing / great furniture / good service or just something that you're happy with for a change.

Georgina

Georgina

I'm Happy

Best thing I ever did was buying my property in Egypt. Well El Gouna. I bought a resale back in 2003. Had the option of buying an off-plan but glad I didn't go for it because now I see the size, layout, position to the wind, sun, etc. I made the right decision. Plus it takes a long time for new developments to mature. When your property is ready there is still work continuing nearby as others are completed or having landscaping or swimming pools, etc.

Ok so I know that El Gouna is expensive now and it is like Disney Land Egypt but it is a beautiful safe place to live. I can walk everywhere so I don't need to have a car. There are shuttle buses and tok toks if I need to go somewhere quickly. We have our own school and hospital. 14 hotels. Too many bars and restaurants that I haven't managed to visit them all. And from prices I am seeing for rentals and resales in Hurghada the gap is not so wide anymore. Certainly there will be a lot of people that have to sell in this economic climate and will be open to offers.

I did live for a while in a villa along the El Gouna/Hurghada road so I do have experience of living outside El Gouna but for me I love the hassle free environment, waking up to turquoise sea and lagoons and sky and the social life is absolutely wicked with villa parties and friends with boats. Which is a good thing because the restaurants are soooooo expensive now. Like I think they are in Hurghada marina too.

I also love to travel all over Egypt. This is a beautiful country with so many wonderful places to visit and hidden secrets off the usual tourist trail.

I just wanted to add this as El Gouna has not been mentioned for a while and there are thousands of happy Europeans here and as everywhere some unhappy ones too!

S

speedwing

Hi

We bought at the Oasis Resort and it is fantastic!!! really pleased with it

queenie40something

queenie40something

My resort isnt complete but we have handover that was quite easy going. Very happy with my choice of furniture through Idea4furniture. We have been lucky enough to have stayed in it 3 times in the last 6 months.
Our developer through another forum is always answering questions and is very actvie which is really refreshing.
I also have the registration now all complete.

L

Leo en Manon

Bought in Red Sea Residencia and we are very happy. Of Course there were some (minor) bumps in the road to completion of the apartment we bought but everything was settled in the end. So we are very pleased we bought this apartment from Nigel and Sameh.

We even made some new friends! We also got a security Officer who is priceless!

Leo and Manon

D

distant dreamer

Hi everyone

Absolutely delighted with both our Egyptian purchases! Just got the keys to our new apartment in El Andalous, Sahl Hasheesh. We decided on Sahl Hasheesh without ever visiting, just going by the fabulous El Gouna, where we have also purchased. The finishings are just taking place in El Andalous and they far exceed our expectations. All credit to the developers Orbit, they have certainly spent some money on this development. The apartment is spacious, light and airy. My husband can't stop raving about the quality of the internal doors and the showers they have put in are space age, with all features including radio, steam, foot massage, jacuzzi. Trouble is may spend all my time in them! Did our snagging and couldn't find a thing wrong! The location at Sahl Hasheesh, by the sunken city is superb and once the shops and golf course open it will be great. The bay itself is just beautiful and I'm looking forward to spending lots of time there.

Our first purchase in El Gouna is also fabulous. A small one bedroom apartment but with amazing views, domed ceilings and lots of character. We love El Gouna, the marina is just my favourite place and to have breakfast in the 7th Star is one of the best things ever. Like Georgina says, you can walk round completely safe, with no hassle and there's plenty going on if you want to join in.

So yes very happy with our decision to purchase in Egypt.

Regards

Penny

M

majicou

happy and excited!

We are very happy - getting our property in El Gouna 6 months ahead of schedule - quality and finishing excellent!

R

rossantony

happy..

I had a client who bought in November, and has just moved in. I went round to see her and she was sitting in her lounge, with her Mum, both very happy to be here and not in England in the snow and the recession.

Also my other half moves over full time in 2 months. A fully qualified massage and beauty therapist at last! She can't wait to start living in the sunshine. It's about the best news I have ever had.

D

dave99

And where is it ?

Hi rossantony

Any clues about where this place is located to add to this good news story.

I had a client who bought in November, and has just moved in. I went round to see her and she was sitting in her lounge, with her Mum, both very happy to be here and not in England in the snow and the recession.

Also my other half moves over full time in 2 months. A fully qualified massage and beauty therapist at last! She can't wait to start living in the sunshine. It's about the best news I have ever had.

R

rossantony

good news...

Hi rossantony

Any clues about where this place is located to add to this good news story.

Yes, of course. My client bought on Red Sea Pharoah, in El Kawsr district. 2 beds with finish under 30k. When she bought the unit itself was unfinished. The builder said 3 months to get it finished, and that's exactly how long it took. The client moved in on the proposed handover date.

Randall

Randall

My good news story is i am off to Hurghada on the 3rd.

Someone is meeting me on the 5th to see Regency Heights.
I have been e mailed a certificate to say the structure is complete and has been inspected.
My expectations are high so will post on the appropriate thread when i return.

Just hope the weather is good at present.

Please feel free to pm regarding appropriate clothing.

See you soooooooooooooon.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Randall - really hope all works out for you this time and please keep us inforned and take pics etc.

Have a good trip

Alison x

T

thompsonsom

red sea residencia

hi

we are at our apartment for the 1st time since it was finished in december. We are very pleased with it, yet to do a snagging list but don't envisage major problems.
Do feel to be cleaning up a lot but this is to be expected I think with a new build as takes time for the dust to settle so to speak

All in all so very pleased we bought

A big thanks to Nigel,Sammi & the team.

Ian & Janice

D

dave99

Red Sea Residencia - scores again !!!

Hi Janice

Thanks for those kind words - the team will be pleased - having just returned from staying at Red Sea Residencia, in my own apartment, I know that there were a few issues with your bathrooms and worktop, however the good news is that almost everything on your snagging list has been resovled.

hi
we are at our apartment for the 1st time since it was finished in december. We are very pleased with it, yet to do a snagging list but don't envisage major problems.
Do feel to be cleaning up a lot but this is to be expected I think with a new build as takes time for the dust to settle so to speak

All in all so very pleased we bought

A big thanks to Nigel,Sammi & the team.

Ian & Janice

T

thompsonsom

Hi Janice

Thanks for those kind words - the team will be pleased - having just returned from staying at Red Sea Residencia, in my own apartment, I know that there were a few issues with your bathrooms and worktop, however the good news is that almost everything on your snagging list has been resovled.

The snagging list was barely here or there in the apartment. The issue with the bathroom tiles I hope we will be able to sort out to a satisfactory conclusion as the tiles as they were, do let down the apartment finish, however, I would have no qualms recommending the apartments to anyone as when we was out there and we got the taxi to the bottom of the road, looking up at the apartment block gave you a sense of pride to be an owner within the building as it looks so good and praise must go to you nigel for the design and finish as it is lovely and being as out it more or less stands on its own amidst the desert it is like a jewel in the crown.(pity about the egyptian apartment block standing in front of it though as it could do with a paint job, will have to send ian round to offer his services:)
Once again Well Done!

Janice & Ian

T

thompsonsom

Hi Janice

The snagging list was barely here or there in the apartment. The issue with the bathroom tiles I hope we will be able to sort out to a satisfactory conclusion as the tiles as they were, do let down the apartment finish, however, I would have no qualms recommending the apartments to anyone as when we was out there and we got the taxi to the bottom of the road, looking up at the apartment block gave you a sense of pride to be an owner within the building as it looks so good and praise must go to you nigel for the design and finish as it is lovely and being as it more or less stands on its own amidst the desert it is like a jewel in the crown.(pity about the egyptian apartment block standing in front of it though as it could do with a paint job, will have to send ian round to offer his services:)
Once again Well Done!

Janice & Ian

D

dave99

More good news - thanks

It's nice to hear some good news given so many reports via this forum of things that are not going so well.
We're by no means perfect but there are no issues with the owner / agent / developers etc and unfinished buildings at RED SEA RESIDENCIA.

The snagging list was barely here or there in the apartment. The issue with the bathroom tiles I hope we will be able to sort out to a satisfactory conclusion as the tiles as they were, do let down the apartment finish, however, I would have no qualms recommending the apartments to anyone as when we was out there and we got the taxi to the bottom of the road, looking up at the apartment block gave you a sense of pride to be an owner within the building as it looks so good and praise must go to you nigel for the design and finish as it is lovely and being as it more or less stands on its own amidst the desert it is like a jewel in the crown.(pity about the egyptian apartment block standing in front of it though as it could do with a paint job, will have to send ian round to offer his services:)
Once again Well Done!

Janice & Ian

iain

iain

:)Just back from Sharm - whilst there I had a shopping list of some electrical items, an ironing board, a set of ladders and a clothes drier - not exactly small items to bring from old Sharm to Nabq in a taxi.

whilst in the electrical shop an Egyptian gentleman got chatting to me and he helped me get a decnt price. Then he drove me in his 4x4 to another shop for the other items where again he helped me negotiate.

He then drove me the 40 mins to Nabq with my purchases and droped me off as he did not think a taxi would be get the items in a normal saloon..

Now that what I call a good news story about the kindness of complete strangers!

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.