Help Wanted

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Hellow Everyone

I have come over from the Egypt forum to seek help in looking for a Property (Condo) in Thailand. At present i have been living in Egypt for the last 3 years.

I would appreciate some help and information on purchasing a property in Thailand.
Somewhere in the Phuket or Hua Hin areas.

A 2 bed apartment would be ok...can you help.

Forgot to add would be looking for something finished and nothing off plan.

Last edited:
E

egeefay

You should have no trouble finding a condo in Thailand in any area you are looking.
In most places there is an abundance of condos and prices are very competitive.
Depending on where you buy they might throw in incentives like furniture.

The nice thing about condos in Thailand is that anyone can own them...unlike land which is limited, in large part, to Thais.

The best advice is to visit an area that interest you.
Don't every buy anything without personally inspecting the site.
Many developments in Thailand are "on paper" only and waiting for investors to buy before being built.
So make sure you have personally inspected the property before investing
Also, make sure to ask about other fees...like monthly maintenance fees

If you are planning to live in Thailand, getting a visa will be your first order of business.
Tourist visas are limited to 30 days in most cases
Long term visas are available to investors, retirees (over 50) and those married to Thai citizens but there are requirements that you must meet.
Visit Thai consulate websites for more details.

A

Ajmanprop

Propertywatch1:
Given the financial crisis, and Thailand's domestic issues - prices essentially have been rolled back to where it was ~2 yrs ago. Very general statement...definitely true in Bangkok. In addition, the Baht has held up steadily, but definitely trending weaker in the last 12 months or so.

Don't expect massive discounts - esp. in Phuket - the absence of mortgages mean people have paid cash and are not holding mortgages. On the other hand, if you look hard, I am sure there are resellers willing to deal. Developer's are trying to hold onto price, but throwing in additional incentives. Resales are marked in some cases 20+% below developer's inventory. (at least in Phuket)

Foreigner's can own upto 49% of the units (not sure if it is based on units/or sq footage) in a Condo, on a Freehold basis, in your own name, but you need to check for availability first. You'll often find buildings where the foreigner quota is sold out... so make sure whatever you buy can be titled in your own name.

Doesn't mean you cannot buy once the quota is sold out, but beyond that quota - to own it on a Freehold basis you'll need to set up a Thai entity etc. Why bother, when you can just buy the foreigner quota.

Any property lawyer can help check and verify that the unit you are considering is title"able" in your own name, on a Freehold basis.

As for visa, if you are considering living here - I haven't used them, but have a look.
Welcome to Thailongstay.co.th

If you intend to just visit in/out - while being based in Egypt, you probably don't need the above.

You are 100% correct in focusing on something finished, rather than off plan. Even finished properties, I would also stick to a quality developer, do some due diligence on common charges etc (if it is a condo should be governed by Strata laws etc). Some unfortunate instances of undue markups on utilities, by small developers etc. No different from property anywhere else.

Hope this helps, good luck

S

Sean@Phuket

Hellow Everyone

I have come over from the Egypt forum to seek help in looking for a Property (Condo) in Thailand. At present i have been living in Egypt for the last 3 years.

I would appreciate some help and information on purchasing a property in Thailand.
Somewhere in the Phuket or Hua Hin areas.

A 2 bed apartment would be ok...can you help.

Forgot to add would be looking for something finished and nothing off plan.

Hi Propertywatch

My name is Sean.

I have some wonderful condominiums, completed, freehold and a competitive price in PHUKET.

Please contact me by the email below if you are interested.

The above posts/information stand you in good stead, a freehold condominium is a popular and hassle free way of owning in Thailand.

Might I ask how much you know about Phuket geographically? And which area, if any, you prefer.

Thank you

Sean

Last edited:
propertywatch1

propertywatch1

Thanks for your replies.

Ive spent today for information on the net as one would. I have a friend who lives North of Bsearching angkok but that is not where i wish to invest.

Im looking to spend about £25k-£30k for an Apartment so any help would be appreciated.

Im looking to go out around September and spend sometime looking around if anyone is out there perhaps we could meet up.

S

Sean@Phuket

Thanks for your replies.

Ive spent today for information on the net as one would. I have a friend who lives North of Bsearching angkok but that is not where i wish to invest.

Im looking to spend about £25k-£30k for an Apartment so any help would be appreciated.

Im looking to go out around September and spend sometime looking around if anyone is out there perhaps we could meet up.

Hi Propertywatch ...

You can get some condominiums for around that price ... However at the price you cannot expect prime location off course (beach area),but if you like out of town or the city you may find a suitable for yourself ... I can obtain 50% finance if you needed to increase your budget

I am in Phuket at that time, I am here all year round for a total of 5 years so far, so please save my email and drop me a mail if you would like my help :)

Sean

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

Hi Propertywatch ...

You can get some condominiums for around that price ... However at the price you cannot expect prime location off course (beach area),but if you like out of town or the city you may find a suitable for yourself ... I can obtain 50% finance if you needed to increase your budget

I am in Phuket at that time, I am here all year round for a total of 5 years so far, so please save my email and drop me a mail if you would like my help :)

Sean
Thanks Sean

Out of town would be ok so long as i can have good views.

I would rather pay cash and not get involved in finance.

I would use the place as a getaway from Egypt tospend a few weeks at a time.

So a finished Apartment rather than an-off plan development interests me so i can use it later this year.

As always thanks to members of the forum for their help and information its always appreciated.

Anyone who has information for me i will keep their details and make sure i keep in touch with as i try to find somewhere suitable.

S

Sean@Phuket

Thanks Sean

Out of town would be ok so long as i can have good views.

I would rather pay cash and not get involved in finance.

I would use the place as a getaway from Egypt tospend a few weeks at a time.

So a finished Apartment rather than an-off plan development interests me so i can use it later this year.

As always thanks to members of the forum for their help and information its always appreciated.

Anyone who has information for me i will keep their details and make sure i keep in touch with as i try to find somewhere suitable.

You are welcome P'watch

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

I think a good starting place would be to go to" Hua Hin" Can anyone help out with a Rental Property for 2-4 weeks.

A 1-2 bed place would be great i think this would give us a good base to start looking from of course the cheaper the better.Or Hotel.

Would appreciate any feedback ie: property for sale in this area please PM me maybe we can chat over SKYPE about the finer details, this is a genuine enquiry leading to a property purchase.