Villa required to rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steldxb

Hi

I'm looking for a villa on a good deal.

Ideally i'm after a 3 bed plus maids/study with a budget of around 200k. I am interested in the Springs but flexible on location.

I know I know, you're not going to get anything for that much you'll say but i have seen prices dip a little and i'm not interested in paying over the odds for anything. Please do not reply if you are offering Apartments.

So, if you know of any friends moving out of Dubai or any owners wantign to rent to a professional working western expat with the peace of mind it will be well looked after (and of course get cash in hand in these times!) then please do let me know.

Thank you

p.s. If you yourself, or knwo of friends, moving out and you are on an old contract/deal i'd be interested in taking it over.

W

Wannaberich

Rents are going up every month so for 200k u will stuggle.
Personally,I would contact all of the agents and offer your 200k for a villa until someone somewhere says yes.Maybe your'll find someone desperate as they need the rent money straight away.

R

Roshan

Hi

I'm looking for a villa on a good deal.

Ideally i'm after a 3 bed plus maids/study with a budget of around 200k. I am interested in the Springs but flexible on location.

I know I know, you're not going to get anything for that much you'll say but i have seen prices dip a little and i'm not interested in paying over the odds for anything. Please do not reply if you are offering Apartments.

So, if you know of any friends moving out of Dubai or any owners wantign to rent to a professional working western expat with the peace of mind it will be well looked after (and of course get cash in hand in these times!) then please do let me know.

Thank you

p.s. If you yourself, or knwo of friends, moving out and you are on an old contract/deal i'd be interested in taking it over.
200K this year could mean 300 K next year - OR - when the situation improves. Landlords greed could kill you.

You get into a place and start decorating it and by the time you finish, it's time to move out because of increased rents.

Regards

Roshan

W

Wannaberich

200K this year could mean 300 K next year - OR - when the situation improves. Landlords greed could kill you.

You get into a place and start decorating it and by the time you finish, it's time to move out because of increased rents.

Regards

Roshan
If you're saying your rent of 200K one year could be 300K the next then thats not possible.As you know rents can only be increased by 5% each year.

R

Roshan

If you're saying your rent of 200K one year could be 300K the next then thats not possible.As you know rents can only be increased by 5% each year.
5% increase expired as of 31st Dec 2008 and they are yet to come out with a new rule.

What if the rent control index comes after you have moved in paying Dhs 200,000 and the index says you can charge more rent. There you go...you cannot even go to the rent control.

As per the papers, there are cases where the rents are being increased by 100%. Going to the rent control will give you a reprieve for a year, cannot expect much after that. There are no set rules and they keep changing everyday.

Regards

Roshan

W

Wannaberich

I can't see that the 5% would have expired.I know that a new rate for 2009 has not been set,so in the meantime I would assume the 5% continues.
As for the rent index,I have read this is not something a landlord has to go by.It's just to give people an indication of what rents in certain areas should be.
If you can find a desperate landlord at 200K then unless he kicks you out after 1 year to live there himself you should be ok.
Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.