Have I payed too much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pat j

I am completely new to this forum so hello everyone. My story is, I went to berlin with one of thoes companies that set up veiwing trips and bought two apartments after getting finance for them at home. Ever since I bought them I have been reading a lot of horror stories about this company. Most of the stories are about sales men lying to customers and overpricing. The apartments I bought are tennented and I got a ten year rental gaurantee. The rent is being payed ok but I would like to know if I have payed too much for them and if so how mutch. The apartments are in house 29 rubenstrasse schoneberg and are 71 square meters each and I payed E115000 each for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L

Lysos

If you bought through a certain company known by three initials (that have just changed) you undoubtedly paid too much. In fact, anyone buying through any agent anywhere on a 'viewing trip' pays over the odds. Who do you think is paying for the viewing trip ?. Also, you are paying two lots of commission - the agent showing you the property & the agent actually selling it.

P

pat j

Thanks mate ,thats what i thought.

If you bought through a certain company known by three initials (that have just changed) you undoubtedly paid too much. In fact, anyone buying through any agent anywhere on a 'viewing trip' pays over the odds. Who do you think is paying for the viewing trip ?. Also, you are paying two lots of commission - the agent showing you the property & the agent actually selling it.
Thanks mate thats just what I thought. Have you any idea what kind of persentage I have payed over or are the apartments even in a decent area ?

L

Lysos

Do a search for estate agents in the area. Just had a quick look and found a 1 bed in a tree-lined avenue (I know that means little without knowing the area) for just over €50k.

P

pat j

Oh no.

Do a search for estate agents in the area. Just had a quick look and found a 1 bed in a tree-lined avenue (I know that means little without knowing the area) for just over €50k.
Oh no looks like I have been ripped off. I must look up a few estate agents myself. Thanks for your time mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.