Sale in Dubai/Agents commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AdamAdam123

Hi I need some help please. First post!

I have purchased an off plan property in Dubai. The final instalment is due in a few months.

I decided to sell the apartment a few months ago. The sale fell through, due to the buyer withdrawing. The buyer paid me, via an intermediary, a deposit.

I have some questions:

1. Am I, as the seller, liable to keep the deposit paid as it was the buyer who pulled out?

2. Do I owe any commission to the agent who introduced the seller to me?

3. If the answer to 2. is yes, does the commission come out of the deposit paid to the intermediary?

Many thanks

G

georgihh

Hi I need some help please. First post!

I have purchased an off plan property in Dubai. The final instalment is due in a few months.

I decided to sell the apartment a few months ago. The sale fell through, due to the buyer withdrawing. The buyer paid me, via an intermediary, a deposit.

I have some questions:

1. Am I, as the seller, liable to keep the deposit paid as it was the buyer who pulled out?

2. Do I owe any commission to the agent who introduced the seller to me?

3. If the answer to 2. is yes, does the commission come out of the deposit paid to the intermediary?

Many thanks
yes
yes
yes

A

AdamAdam123

1. Noted
2. I thought the buyer pays the commission?
3. Effectively I, as the, seller, have paid the commission out of the deposit? Even in the event of a sale not completing?

G

georgihh

1. Noted
2. I thought the buyer pays the commission?
3. Effectively I, as the, seller, have paid the commission out of the deposit? Even in the event of a sale not completing?
Don’t pay full commission just 2% from the deposit or anything you like if you don’t pay – no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.