Another world's tallest tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

talk

Prince Alwaleed's Kingdom Holding Co to build new tower of over 1000mts high.

The tower to be build @ Kingdom City where plans are made for 80,000 residences and 250,000 vistors.

Arabian Business.co

Help me goggle kingdom city.

Thanks..

G

greyseal

Prince Alwaleed's Kingdom Holding Co to build new tower of over 1000mts high.

The tower to be build @ Kingdom City where plans are made for 80,000 residences and 250,000 vistors.

Arabian Business.co

Help me goggle kingdom city.

Thanks..
Good grief! The towers in the Arabian deserts of the UAE and Saudi are becoming phenomenal ! I looked at burj-dubai on the visit-dubai site the other day. That is stupendous....over twice the height of the Empire State Building. Now , I see on that visit-dubai site that Nakheel Tower must be even bigger. Now Saudi wants to go even taller. I hope they never have a serious fire in such a building.
What if a plane crashes into one of these monsters?

J

jomonanu1

I think the Meraas Development ( Jumeirah Gardens will have the word's Tallest tower by 2018. The Meraas Development is planning to announce it only in year 2010. The Dubai realtors are planning for more skyscrappers in Dubai. There will be 7 towers in Dubai which will be higher than the Burj by 2025

T

talk

I think the Meraas Development ( Jumeirah Gardens will have the word's Tallest tower by 2018. The Meraas Development is planning to announce it only in year 2010. The Dubai realtors are planning for more skyscrappers in Dubai. There will be 7 towers in Dubai which will be higher than the Burj by 2025

Thanks for adding to the thread.Any investments for me at the moment will be really top locations and a minimum of 5/10 years.The sooner they make public all these plans will help real estate keeping investors eye open and not letting them drift off to other countries.Althought fippers are now in trouble there are still many good investors out there and waiting for top class developments.Top class developments must be made public now.

talk...

W

Wannaberich

7 towers higher than the Burj ?! No way !
There is currently only one taller to be built,the 'Nakheel Tower' which is to be around 1000m.Already started,this tower will take 10 years to be built.
Your figure of 7 I think relates to the fact there will be around 7 'Supertowers' in Dubai.Supertowers are towers with at least 100 floors.

G

greyseal

7 towers higher than the Burj ?! No way !
There is currently only one taller to be built,the 'Nakheel Tower' which is to be around 1000m.Already started,this tower will take 10 years to be built.
Your figure of 7 I think relates to the fact there will be around 7 'Supertowers' in Dubai.Supertowers are towers with at least 100 floors.
I agree . Surely there cannot be 7 towers taller than Burj Dubai ? That is twice the height of the Empire State building. I would hate to be in one of these monster towers in a fire. What about earthquakes ? Iran across the gulf get earthquakes?
Besides, they will need MILLIONS of WESTERNERS in the Arabian Gulf to FILL every building and office that is being built. I hate to think of the consequences if some Muslim fundamentalist in a future Iran or Saudi OBJECTS to all the westerners and flies a plane into one of these towers. A very modern world is clashing with a very ancient world in the gulf ....and the strip of water is very narrow!

I

Investoman_uae

And I heard by 2095 Nakheel announced it will build a tower 3 times the height of Burj Dubai.

Inv.

G

greyseal

And I heard by 2095 Nakheel announced it will build a tower 3 times the height of Burj Dubai.

Inv.
Have these people forgotten that human beings must live and work in these towers? Burj Dubai ,according to info on that Visit Dubai site[Put visit dubai into Google and choose the .co.uk version] , is twice the height of the Empire State building. That is 1200 ft, so Burj Dubai is circa 2400 ft, is it not? Are you saying they will build to 7200 FEET......and on then on SAND to make it worse?
The top will be SWAYING !! What about FIRES ?? What about AEROPLANES ?
Even commercial and private planes coming into the biggest airport in the world are fairly close by.........in Dubai/Jebel Ali. 7200 feet is ALMOST A MILE HIGH!!
It will take ages to get to the top and they could well be looking at CLOUDS outside the windows. The clouds will kill visibility for small planes etc.
The height could affect the health of the occupants,too.
I would hate to be in a mile high building in an EARTHQUAKE . There is a tectonic plate cutting across Iran, which is why mountains exist there. Mountains are only thrown up by the crushing of land masses on the edge of tectonic plates which form the Earth's crust. It is the power of moving continents that causes mountain building ." Man " is nothing compared to the forces of nature. I thought there was a tremor in Dubai recently.

P

PropGuy

Good grief! The towers in the Arabian deserts of the UAE and Saudi are becoming phenomenal ! I looked at burj-dubai on the visit-dubai site the other day. That is stupendous....over twice the height of the Empire State Building. Now , I see on that visit-dubai site that Nakheel Tower must be even bigger. Now Saudi wants to go even taller. I hope they never have a serious fire in such a building.
What if a plane crashes into one of these monsters?
Reminds me of hadith that says, in end times these barefooted Arabs will be competing to build tallest buildings in the world.

A

albog

Anything you've heard about a tower 3 times the height of burj dubai is a myth.

At the moment the plans show 1, possibly 2 buildings higher than burj dubai in Dubai itsself. One is Nakheel's tower at around 1200m and the other is that three-tower thing in the meraas project which shows it comparable to burj dubai in height (although not sure if it's bigger or not).
However I don't think any of those will be built, and I hope not. What a waste of money (if it exists)!

S

sasherwani2

Nov 10th, 2008: Nakheel is building a 500km high tower and the completion year is 2175. The tenants will be teleported to the floor they live in. Nakheel plans to build terminal 5 of the Dubai Airport at the rooftop of the building from where Emirates spacejets can take you to the moon in less than 6 hours. The cost will be subsidised for the building tenants. The building shall consist of five 10-star hotels and two 25-star hotels at the upper levels. The building shall have a 110,000 floors. Nakheel is going to follow the UAE tradition and will provide scarce parking to the building's tenants. There will be a total of 3 floors of parking enough to accomodate 600 cars. However, Nakheels CEO Chris o Donnell says that 600 carpark space will be more than enough since most of the people shall be using the Dubai Metro.
Vilsons and Elkins have been hired to build the model of the building. The model itself shall be 1km high.

Nov 11th, 2008: The tower's completion date has been postponed to 2275 due to the ongoing financial crises. Parking space too has been cut down to 300 spaces since Nakheel now plans to sell one of the parking floors as a "ice rink dome" for the tenants.

G

georgihh

Nov 10th, 2008: Nakheel is building a 500km high tower and the completion year is 2175. The tenants will be teleported to the floor they live in. Nakheel plans to build terminal 5 of the Dubai Airport at the rooftop of the building from where Emirates spacejets can take you to the moon in less than 6 hours. The cost will be subsidised for the building tenants. The building shall consist of five 10-star hotels and two 25-star hotels at the upper levels. The building shall have a 110,000 floors. Nakheel is going to follow the UAE tradition and will provide scarce parking to the building's tenants. There will be a total of 3 floors of parking enough to accomodate 600 cars. However, Nakheels CEO Chris o Donnell says that 600 carpark space will be more than enough since most of the people shall be using the Dubai Metro.
Vilsons and Elkins have been hired to build the model of the building. The model itself shall be 1km high.

Nov 11th, 2008: The tower's completion date has been postponed to 2275 due to the ongoing financial crises. Parking space too has been cut down to 300 spaces since Nakheel now plans to sell one of the parking floors as a "ice rink dome" for the tenants.
Nov 12 2018:
In respond to Nakheel’s massive plans and projects Emaar has launched a five star underground executive villa project.
The location is unknown but all the units have been sold out. The completion date and terms of payment are also unknown as the Developer is still deciding by how much to increase the OP price.
This project will help Emaar to complete his plans to list on Afghanistan Stock Exchange as the people of Afghanistan like cave projects.
However a problem may occur if sewerage tanker drivers decide to discharge in the future project.
The prices will vary from Couple of millions to couple of billions depending on the investor’s budgets and health of the global economy.

J

jomonanu1

Well, There is another Tower in Meraas, which going to be the tallest tower in the world, bigger than Nakheel. Also Super Towers are planning in New Deira, which will announce in 2012, There are towers coming in the New ras Al khor development, which will announce in 2010, New Al Qouz Project in 2011 and so on. In 2025, Dubai will be a different Dubai.

W

Wannaberich

Anything you've heard about a tower 3 times the height of burj dubai is a myth.

At the moment the plans show 1, possibly 2 buildings higher than burj dubai in Dubai itsself. One is Nakheel's tower at around 1200m and the other is that three-tower thing in the meraas project which shows it comparable to burj dubai in height (although not sure if it's bigger or not).
However I don't think any of those will be built, and I hope not. What a waste of money (if it exists)!
Again,like I said,Nakheel are buildling a 1000m tower,that is definite.There are no other towers planned or in construction that will be taller than the Burj Dubai.

The Meraas project which is a 2.4km Tower is just a fantasy.Too big,too costly,too long to get built(25 years)it just won't happen.

In around 5 years Dubai will not only have the worlds tallest building,but also around 4/5 supertowers with another 1/2 to come.
Supertowers are buildings with at least 100 floors.Most cities do not even have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

albog

That 2.4km tower is fake. Probably a student architecture project or something.

The real projects are as follows:

Nakheel tower, 1200m

Tower from Meraas (to be built in satwa). Around 800m or so so comparable to burj dubai but who knows whether it's bigger or not.

Will these be built? Probably not but who knows.

W

Wannaberich

The groundwork for the Nakheel tower has already started.

W

Wannaberich

TOWERS PLANNED FOR DUBAI:

1 Nakheel Harbour Tower ~1140m
2 One Dubai ~850m
3 Burj Dubai 819m
4 Anara 650m
5 Pentominium 618m
6 One Park Avenue (JG) ~600m
7 Meraas Tower ~550m
8 Dubai Towers 1 550m
9 Burj Al Alam 510m
10 Asia Asia Hotel ~500m
11 DIFC Central Tower ~500m
12 Damac Heights 460m
13 Dubai Towers 2 460m
14 Government Project ~450m
15 Dynamic Tower 420m
16 Princess Tower 414m
17 Marina 101 412m
18 Dubai Towers 3 410m
19 Lighthouse Tower 400m
20 Tanmiyat Towers ~400m
21 Oasis Beach Hotel Replacement ~400m
22 Marina 106 ~400m
23 23 Marina 395m
24 Emirates Park Towers 1 395m
25 Emirates Park Towers 2 395m
26 Cassells Tower ~390m
27 Elite Residence 380m
28 Hard Rock Hotel 379m
29 The Wave Tower 370m
30 Dubai Towers 4 360m
31 Almas Tower 360m
32 Lamtara Towers 1 360m
33 Emirates Towers 1 355m
34 One Park Avenue (DIFC) 350m
35 Tower 1 in JGC (near One Dubai) ~350m
36 Volante ~350m
37 Signature Towers 349m
38 Al Attar Tower 342m
39 The Torch 338m
40 Rose Rotana Suites 333m
41 Dubai Eiffel Tower 330m
42 Infinity Tower 330m
43 Al Yacoub Tower 330m
44 The Skyscraper 330m
45 The Index 328m
46 Burj Al Arab 321m
47 Lamtara Towers 2 320m
48 HHHR Tower 317m
49 Ocean Heights 310m
50 Emirates Towers 2 309m
51 The Address 306m
52 Khalid Al Attar Tower 301m
53 Al Hekma Tower ~300m
54 Tower by Zaha Hadid >300m
55 Desert Gate Towers 1 >300m
56 Desert Gate Towers 2 >300m
57 Desert Gate Towers 3 >300m
58 Desert Gate Towers 4 >300m
59 Asmaran Landmark Tower >300m
60 Possible Supertall in DBD >300m
61 Burj Park IV ~300m
62 Nikken Sekkei Towers ~300m
63 Meydan Tower ~300m
64 Meydan Tower (another one) ~300m
65 City of Arabia Tower 1 300m
66 City of Arabia Tower 2 ~300m
67 City of Arabia Tower 3 ~300m
68 City of Arabia Tower 4 ~300m
69 Dubai Waterfront Concept (OMA) ~300m
70 Nakheel Harbour Placeholder 1 ~300m
71 Nakheel Harbour Placeholder 2 ~300m
72 Nakheel Harbour Placeholder 3 ~300m
73 Nakheel Harbour Placeholder 4 ~300m
74 Lagoons Tower 1 ~300m
75 Lagoons Tower 2 ~300m
76 Arjan Landmark Tower ~300m
77 Expected Project (Tallest Block) ~300m
78 Expected Project (Media City) ~300m
79 Tower 2 in JGC ~300m

A

Ayyan

Seriously funny this place is going crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.