Aparthotels in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DGM42

Does anyone have any experience of buyng a room in an Aparthotel in Brazil.
Are the returns good and any known pitfuls
I know this site is mainly for actual property purchase, but the global dowturn is making overseas property look expensive now.
UK house prices have crashed, so I was looking at Aparthotels until the property market stablises.

M

markland

Flats

I know this site is mainly for actual property purchase, but the global dowturn is making overseas property look expensive now.
UK house prices have crashed, so I was looking at Aparthotels until the property market stablises.
Well as far my investors informed me, they have bought beachfront flats where they made the pool with hotels, at Joao Pessoa, Paraiba and they have some return, However other investors rather prefer to buy the flats and furnish them, and rent themselves and they are getting between 8/10% return er year.

So if you are interested to know further details email me .

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
DGM,

Do you mean the traditional aparthotel in a high rise?

If not let me know as we have a few options that might interest you. We have one now that is due to open at the beginning of next year, and the management company is already getting inundated with booking requests which is always a good sign.

Regards,
Rob.

D

DGM42

DGM,

Do you mean the traditional aparthotel in a high rise?

If not let me know as we have a few options that might interest you. We have one now that is due to open at the beginning of next year, and the management company is already getting inundated with booking requests which is always a good sign.

Regards,
Rob.
Yes the high rise type
I have looked at some in Belo Horizonte, you purchase an apartment and they let it and manage it and you recieve on average 50% of the rental fee.
There are some low rise types, but I haven't looked at these and the location is flexible

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes the high rise type
I have looked at some in Belo Horizonte, you purchase an apartment and they let it and manage it and you recieve on average 50% of the rental fee.
There are some low rise types, but I haven't looked at these and the location is flexible
DRM,

We don't deal with high rises at all, but do we have a few developments which are being setup as either high-end Pousadas or a 4/5 star Hotel managed by a hotel chain. Different developments have different splits (starting at 50%) and conditions but they all manage the whole thing for you.

Which one is right for you really depends on your budget though.

Regards,
Rob.

D

DGM42

DRM,

We don't deal with high rises at all, but do we have a few developments which are being setup as either high-end Pousadas or a 4/5 star Hotel managed by a hotel chain. Different developments have different splits (starting at 50%) and conditions but they all manage the whole thing for you.

Which one is right for you really depends on your budget though.

Regards,
Rob.
I would be happy to have some details offline
dgm42 at hotmail couk

D

Dotty

Banned
Aparthotels generally fair better when they are not aimed at one key area , tourism ,but are located in key areas close to all amenities and not placed along the coast line where dependence is based only on tourism because the season is pretty short and not guaranteed.
It is much more secure to invest in a local where business people are visiting and where turnover is fast.

D

davehoskings

Aparthotels generally fair better when they are not aimed at one key area , tourism ,but are located in key areas close to all amenities and not placed along the coast line where dependence is based only on tourism because the season is pretty short and not guaranteed.
It is much more secure to invest in a local where business people are visiting and where turnover is fast.
So when you have a recession business people still travel? Half the problem with aparthotels is that new ones get built next door and business people go to the new one instead leaving you holding an old aparthotel. A good case in point is where you have a place Dotty in Natal, it was very popular for quite a while but now lots of people, myself included just stay in the holiday inn instead becuase it is cheaper, cleaner, newer, etc..

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
So when you have a recession business people still travel? Half the problem with aparthotels is that new ones get built next door and business people go to the new one instead leaving you holding an old aparthotel. A good case in point is where you have a place Dotty in Natal, it was very popular for quite a while but now lots of people, myself included just stay in the holiday inn instead becuase it is cheaper, cleaner, newer, etc..
Dave,

I presume you mean Quality Suites? I don't stay there anymore either especially when I can stay somewhere nicer and cheaper right next door. I will try the Holiday Inn next time I go though.

Regards,
Rob.

D

Dotty

Banned
Ah,but the returns are still fab since they opened out of season or not!It is about returns on your investments,say no more .Of course it also helps so much with hugh backers like Atlantica Hotels as managing agents that have a worldwide reputation who manage the Sheraton,Raddison etc,etc............So it speaks for itself I suppose.You are obviously not investors in Atlantica otherwise you would be quite satisfied by the financial returns.Plenty have since tried to copy but hasn't quite pulled it off quite the same for locations ,style and management.:)
davehoskings;809 said:

D

davehoskings

Ah,but the returns are still fab since they opened out of season or not!It is about returns on your investments,say no more .Of course it also helps so much with hugh backers like Atlantica Hotels as managing agents that have a worldwide reputation who manage the Sheraton,Raddison etc,etc............So it speaks for itself I suppose.You are obviously not investors in Atlantica otherwise you would be quite satisfied by the financial returns.Plenty have since tried to copy but hasn't quite pulled it off quite the same for locations ,style and management.:)
I have seen the figures Dotty, and they look great if you bought at the original price 5 years ago. They look woeful at the prices of a similar apartment bought today. Since rental prices have been going up since the time it started operating, what has happened to the extra money??? Good luck trying to sell the place at todays prices, becuase who would buy a place that only earns 1 or 2% and is falling apart?

I wouldn't go near Antlantica Hotels, and Delphi don't impress me much either.

Last edited:
D

Dotty

Banned
Delphi is a great company to do business with and their recently built yet to finish ones aswell,so i am not sure if I agree with you on that one.The investments are always secure with them in a pool system instead of the companies who try to mimic them without any success as of date.

Similar to Mouro Dubeaux trying to be copied by Capauche(quality is just not there).A little similar to Picanha v's Pork sausages:)....................

Radisson is another fine example of Delphi's success in Porto do Brasil.
I have seen the figures Dotty, and they look great if you bought at the original price 5 years ago. They look woeful at the prices of a similar apartment bought today. Since rental prices have been going up since the time it started operating, what has happened to the extra money??? Good luck trying to sell the place at todays prices, becuase who would buy a place that only earns 1 or 2% and is falling apart?

I wouldn't go near Antlantica Hotels, and Delphi don't impress me much either.

D

davehoskings

Delphi is a great company to do business with and their recently built yet to finish ones aswell,so i am not sure if I agree with you on that one.The investments are always secure with them in a pool system instead of the companies who try to mimic them without any success as of date.

Similar to Mouro Dubeaux trying to be copied by Capauche(quality is just not there).A little similar to Picanha v's Pork sausages:)....................

Radisson is another fine example of Delphi's success in Porto do Brasil.
You are entitled to your opinion, but either you are an agent or you live in fantasy land.

As for the radisson at porto do brasil, isn't that an aparthotel on the coast and in a tourist area so going by what you said before it isn't a good place to invest in at all?? It hasn't even been finished yet so how do you know how well it will do (dotty caught out lying yet again)?

I notice how you haven't commented on the paltry returns a buyer of your apartment at quality suites would get at today's prices??

Last edited:
D

Dotty

Banned
A lot of people that bought in the Radisson are local folk who invested wisely. You will know that it is mainly residential there anyway and the marketing power of Atlantica is hugh much more so than you could imagine.:(
You are entitled to your opinion, but either you are an agent or you live in fantasy land.

As for the radisson at porto do brasil, isn't that an aparthotel on the coast and in a tourist area so going by what you said before it isn't a good place to invest in at all?? It hasn't even been finished yet so how do you know how well it will do (dotty caught out lying yet again)?

I notice how you haven't commented on the paltry returns a buyer of your apartment at quality suites would get at today's prices??

D

Dotty

Banned
Alphaville is practically on the coast and will the investors be laughing all the way to the bank when the luxury houses begin to be go up?I think so.

Why ? Because it has had great Brasilian success in Brasil over the past 10 yrs at the upper end of the market and like Delphi has a name of quality planning and building. :)QUOTE=davehoskings;81037]You are entitled to your opinion, but either you are an agent or you live in fantasy land.

I notice how you haven't commented on the paltry returns a buyer of your apartment at quality suites would get at today's prices??[/QUOTE]

D

davehoskings

A lot of people that bought in the Radisson are local folk who invested wisely. You will know that it is mainly residential there anyway and the marketing power of Atlantica is hugh much more so than you could imagine.:(
It is obvious that the Radisson is catering to tourists and is on the coast. How does that match up to this:

I especially like how you blatantly lied and said the Radisson has proved to be a great investment when it hasn't even opened yet.

To me it sounds like you aren't interested in giving people advice, it sounds like you are on a vendetta of some type.

D

davehoskings

Alphaville is practically on the coast and will the investors be laughing all the way to the bank when the luxury houses begin to be go up?I think so.

Why ? Because it has had great Brasilian success in Brasil over the past 10 yrs at the upper end of the market and like Delphi has a name of quality planning and building. :)
Both of them are just cashing in on their name at the moment. Delphi is going public so right now is more interested in maximising their IPO price than anything else. Alphaville used to be very good, but their name is just used everywhere for anything these days.

D

Dotty

Banned
The Radisson in P.D.B is not open yet,but the Radisson hotels worldwide are an example of excellent management.and financial returns.Why are you so against Atlantic Hotels and their worldwide management team I mean they run most of the hotels in Florida ,Disney, etc,etc. They have enormous marketing power so it does add up .
It is obvious that the Radisson is catering to tourists and is on the coast. How does that match up to this:

I especially like how you blatantly lied and said the Radisson has proved to be a great investment when it hasn't even opened yet.

To me it sounds like you aren't interested in giving people advice, it sounds like you are on a vendetta of some type.

D

davehoskings

The Radisson in P.D.B is not open yet,but the Radisson hotels worldwide are an example of excellent management.and financial returns.Why are you so against Atlantic Hotels and their worldwide management team I mean they run most of the hotels in Florida ,Disney, etc,etc. They have enormous marketing power so it does add up .
Yes Atlantic have done wonders at increasing the returns on your property at Quality Suites :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.