Discovery Gardens Delivery Date!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

biakuya

anyone has any idea on when Discovery Gardens would be delivered??

dam, been waiting for it for so long now!! :(

B

biakuya

any reason behind it?

last i heard is that they are having issues with the district cooling system!

A

abudubai

I heard they don't want to flood the market with the 100-or-so ready buildings as it would destabilize the rental market.

P

paul1970

They say technical issue. Dont know the real reason. But they started to handover other units.

B

biakuya

i personally checked my apt

everything seems 2 be in order...water & electricity are rdy
the elevators are rdy....even the surrounding landscape is all done

Nakheel throws me off 2 the building owner when i call them, and the owner throws me be back 2 nakheel, a never ending loop i tell ya :(

G

georgihh

i personally checked my apt

everything seems 2 be in order...water & electricity are rdy
the elevators are rdy....even the surrounding landscape is all done

Nakheel throws me off 2 the building owner when i call them, and the owner throws me be back 2 nakheel, a never ending loop i tell ya :(
Shame on Nakheel they have done it in IC - kept the flats empty and ready for at least six months.
I am afraid they are calculating the prices for the service charges and the cooling system and they will be around 60 DHS per sqft on top of that you pay 5% municipality charges water and electricity and your bill could end up as much as 35000.00DHS per studio per year.
If the rent is 75k your profit is only 40k
In this case the prices will drop to at least 600k for a studio.

D

Doobedoo

Shame on Nakheel they have done it in IC - kept the flats empty and ready for at least six months.
I am afraid they are calculating the prices for the service charges and the cooling system and they will be around 60 DHS per sqft on top of that you pay 5% municipality charges water and electricity and your bill could end up as much as 35000.00DHS per studio per year.
If the rent is 75k your profit is only 40k
In this case the prices will drop to at least 600k for a studio.
Everywhere I look on this forum Georgihh there you are spreading your negativity and doom & gloom. I typically avoid commenting because we are all free to say what we believe but now you are talking such untruths I have to comment;

I have taken ownership of a unit in DG. The management fee & cooling fees combined are approximately 30dhs / ft.

For the information of others on this forum, I am very impressed with the quality of workmanship and have practically nothing of value on the snagging list.

As always DYOR.

Cheers

G

georgihh

Everywhere I look on this forum Georgihh there you are spreading your negativity and doom & gloom. I typically avoid commenting because we are all free to say what we believe but now you are talking such untruths I have to comment;

I have taken ownership of a unit in DG. The management fee & cooling fees combined are approximately 30dhs / ft.

For the information of others on this forum, I am very impressed with the quality of workmanship and have practically nothing of value on the snagging list.

As always DYOR.

Cheers
Ok maybe I am mistaken but even 30DHS is a lot of money. And I think you talk gross and me net – big difference
And you don’t mention the 5% housing fees – why?
How much money have you lost from the project being delayed?
Ok I talk nonsense, but I have lost on the above issues and I want the people to know so we can prevent the charges and the delays in future?

If you guys are speculators I am not and I want the reality to be exposed

Some people have made money – yes, but I think lot of people have lost and the number is going up and I don’t want to be one of them.
If you want to pass loses to someone else or make your 2% commission hurry up – you are running out of time.

D

Doobedoo

Ok maybe I am mistaken but even 30DHS is a lot of money. And I think you talk gross and me net – big difference
And you don’t mention the 5% housing fees – why?
How much money have you lost from the project being delayed?
Ok I talk nonsense, but I have lost on the above issues and I want the people to know so we can prevent the charges and the delays in future?

If you guys are speculators I am not and I want the reality to be exposed

Some people have made money – yes, but I think lot of people have lost and the number is going up and I don’t want to be one of them.
If you want to pass loses to someone else or make your 2% commission hurry up – you are running out of time.
Actually I don't talk about gross, I do talk about net. I don't mention 5% housing fees because I haven't been asked to pay such a thing.

I haven't lost any money from project delays because I was told in July 06 that my unit would be handed over in July 08 and I actually got the keys in Sept 08 - I assumed there would be some delays and I was perfectly happy to deal with an 8-week lag considering my long term view of things - nobody can predict the future and certainly not the Dubai property market 2 years in advance.

To your final points: I am not a speculator, have no losses to pass to anyone or 2% commission to make any time soon.

So, if you want to support your objective of not making losses, I suggest you spend less time talking down the market and second guessing the motives of people like me, and more time focussing on how you mitigate any losses you may have made.... you just need to figure out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.