registration of new apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suzie 1958

I have been talking to an agent regarding buying an apartment in sahl hasheese who has reccomended that once i have purchased it i should not register it with the local authorities, is this true????

C

charliesurf

Hi Suzie,

I have read a few posts regding this subject. The resident lawyer has also added his comments. If you search the threads you should uncover the information you require.

I dont think its a yes or no answer, from waht I have read .....but I may be wrong. If you are still unsure I am positive someone else should be able to help shortly..

Charlie

S

suzie 1958

Hi Suzie,

I have read a few posts regding this subject. The resident lawyer has also added his comments. If you search the threads you should uncover the information you require.

I dont think its a yes or no answer, from waht I have read .....but I may be wrong. If you are still unsure I am positive someone else should be able to help shortly..

Charlie
Thank you Charlie for your help will check through other threads.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Good news - my apartment has now been registered through the courts in Cairo :)

HORIZON

HORIZON

Hi Suzie,

It depends on the motives of the purchase. If you want to resell before 5 years, i.d buy for short term investment, then registering is not an option. The same applies if you are planning to buy more than 2 properties.

Still if you purchase in any project in Egypt, first the developer has to register the project itself which can take a year to do, and only then the provides for individual registrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.