How to transform extravilan in intravilan

S

spuki

Hi all

Great forum for those interesting investing in Romania.

My inquiry is how you transform a land which is Extravilan in Intravilan and what is the procedure and costs.?
Can you transform any Extravilan in Intravilan. Under which circumstances is possible?
What about Arabil land. Is it possible to transform it in Intravilan?

Anyone knows any info’s is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
Regards

Keep the forum LIVE

D

David howe

Spuki

If you want to do this time is of the essence as there is talk of a prohibition on change of use coming in on ! January 2009 that will prohibit change until at least 1 January 2012, possibly later.

all land can be changed if you have valid reason and it is reasonable under circumstances.

David Howe LLB. LLM

INVESTMENT ROMANIA - Investment in Romanaia, Property management, Due diligence, Renting in Romania

Hi all

My inquiry is how you transform a land which is Extravilan in Intravilan and what is the procedure and costs.?
Can you transform any Extravilan in Intravilan. Under which circumstances is possible?

Thanks
Regards

Keep the forum LIVE

D

David howe

Hi all

Thanks
Regards

Spuki

Keep the forum LIVE
If you want to do this time is of the essence as there is talk of a prohibition on change of use coming in on ! January 2009 that will prohibit change until at least 1 January 2012, possibly later.

All land can be changed if you have valid reason and it is reasonable under circumstances. The process does however take a while

David Howe LLB. LLM

INVESTMENT ROMANIA - Investment in Romanaia, Property management, Due diligence, Renting in Romania

S

spuki

All land can be changed if you have valid reason and it is reasonable under circumstances. The process does however take a while

David Howe LLB. LLM

QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply.

You mean now is the time to make Extravilan transformation in Intravilan ,until January 2009.After that date NO possibilities to transform ANY Extravilan in Intravilan?
Do you know what the cost for that transformation??
So Intravilan lands will rise prices higher and higher and become more wanted.

Do you have any idea what the cost of transformation?

Regards

D

David howe

David Howe LLB. LLM

QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply.

You mean now is the time to make Extravilan transformation in Intravilan ,until January 2009.After that date NO possibilities to transform ANY Extravilan in Intravilan?
Do you know what the cost for that transformation??
So Intravilan lands will rise prices higher and higher and become more wanted.

Do you have any idea what the cost of transformation?

Regards

Cost can be from 50 cents a meter to 9-10 euro a meter dependant on who you have doing it and what you want to do with the land in term of PUZ. Therefore, without knowing the size or location of the land pricing would not be possible, but realistically I see you having 10 weeks to make application and decision and this could be cutting it fine.

David Howe LLB. LLM

S

spuki

Cost can be from 50 cents a meter to 9-10 euro a meter dependant on who you have doing it and what you want to do with the land in term of PUZ. Therefore, without knowing the size or location of the land pricing would not be possible, but realistically I see you having 10 weeks to make application and decision and this could be cutting it fine.

David Howe LLB. LLM

Thanks for your reply.
Good info to have a clear knowledge’s in mind.To clear something, the cost for the transformation depends also on the price of the land?

What about ARABIL land. Is it possible to make transformation to Intravilan or not??

Regards

D

David howe

Thanks for your reply.
Good info to have a clear knowledge’s in mind.To clear something, the cost for the transformation depends also on the price of the land?

What about ARABIL land. Is it possible to make transformation to Intravilan or not??

Regards
Cost depends on many factors from agent doing it to Spaga, plus normal associated costs. Each application must be judged on its own merits.

David Howe LLB. LLM

K

Karl Wilkinson

Dear Spuki,

David is correct in his assessment. New laws to be introduced this year will prohibit the transformation of extravilan (generally arabil) to intravilan for the next 3-4 years. Reasons for this are clear. The Government is trying to restrict the development and ensure land that has already been allocated for construction is actually developed. Take Brasov for example...there are three zoning areas which have been underdeveloped to date...Cristian, Stupinii and Ghimbav. In my opinion, local authorities and central government have decided to get these developed first before any more areas are developed. Makes sense really.

Arabil land can be classified as Intravilan or Extravilan. Many investor keep land designated as Intravilan as Arabil status due to tax reasons. You pay less tax if the land is Arabil. You can transform Arabil land into Intrvilan without major issues...ie: you will not face the same problems you would if in Ireland.

However, the price depends on an number of factors:
- who does the transformation for you
- how cooperative the local council is (where is the land?)
- length of time you are prepared to wait
- what do you wish to do with the land

As a general rule, I would evaluate the cost of tranformation between 1-4 euro per m2. However, I have seen investors quoted 10 euro per m2, due to the fact that they wanted to build apartments on land ideally suited for houses. Although 10 euro per m2 sounded over the top, the overall investment was worth it to gain maxinum potential from the land.

In conclusion, if you wish to transform land to Intravilan, do it quickly and with people who know what they are doing. If not, sit on it and wait for 2012.

Regards.

S

spuki

Thanks for answer

Dear Spuki,

David is correct in his assessment. New laws to be introduced this year will prohibit the transformation of extravilan (generally arabil) to intravilan for the next 3-4 years. Reasons for this are clear. The Government is trying to restrict the development and ensure land that has already been allocated for construction is actually developed. Take Brasov for example...there are three zoning areas which have been underdeveloped to date...Cristian, Stupinii and Ghimbav. In my opinion, local authorities and central government have decided to get these developed first before any more areas are developed. Makes sense really.

Arabil land can be classified as Intravilan or Extravilan. Many investor keep land designated as Intravilan as Arabil status due to tax reasons. You pay less tax if the land is Arabil. You can transform Arabil land into Intrvilan without major issues...ie: you will not face the same problems you would if in Ireland.

However, the price depends on an number of factors:
- who does the transformation for you
- how cooperative the local council is (where is the land?)
- length of time you are prepared to wait
- what do you wish to do with the land

As a general rule, I would evaluate the cost of tranformation between 1-4 euro per m2. However, I have seen investors quoted 10 euro per m2, due to the fact that they wanted to build apartments on land ideally suited for houses. Although 10 euro per m2 sounded over the top, the overall investment was worth it to gain maxinum potential from the land.

In conclusion, if you wish to transform land to Intravilan, do it quickly and with people who know what they are doing. If not, sit on it and wait for 2012.

Regards.

Dear Karl hi

Thanks for your answer and the comprehensive explanation about "how to transform Extravilan in Intravilan".:)

I need another one exlanation.
Said you have a land, Extravilan, somewhere, out from a residential area, which you find only Argicol land.
My question is, is it possible to build a house in this land as it is or you must transform first in Intravilan (if is possible to do that) and after you may proceed to build a house?

And of course I’m sure about the regulations in Romania, if they allow making a house in the middle of the nowhere and under which circumstances.

Any info’s about that are welcome

Regards

K

Karl Wilkinson

Dear Karl hi

Thanks for your answer and the comprehensive explanation about "how to transform Extravilan in Intravilan".:)

I need another one exlanation.
Said you have a land, Extravilan, somewhere, out from a residential area, which you find only Argicol land.
My question is, is it possible to build a house in this land as it is or you must transform first in Intravilan (if is possible to do that) and after you may proceed to build a house?

And of course I’m sure about the regulations in Romania, if they allow making a house in the middle of the nowhere and under which circumstances.

Any info’s about that are welcome

Regards
In order to build a property on any land in Romania, it must be INTRAVILAN