Small or Big Developments !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

What are the Pro & Cons for buying from a Small or Big Developer ?

Anyone been reading the threads that seem to focus on problems at some of the most popular big developments in Hurghada:

- some are finished (or almost),some still years to go, others some time in between.

Seems as though most of the issues are made more difficult to resolve when there are lots of "players" to chase and blame.

Stating my vested interest on behalf of us small developers, maybe it's time for buyers to see the advantages of being able to get direct access to the owner of a project who can make decisions about any concerns before things get to the point of Owners cancelling contracts for late payment, or threats of legal action for non-completion of major communal facilities etc.

Who needs all that hassle.

You may have notice that I keep the my "construction" thread up-to-date on this forum rather than needing my owners to post their own pics.

My development is not perfect, it's not problem free, but it still seems to be getting some good owner reviews this week.

L

lizzy2u

problem with smaller developments are that owners could be gone if things go wrong if they have no ties with the country or want to take your money and run its a lot easier.Smaller developments can be squeezed into small plots or be isolated on cheaper land with no other buildings around you may get sea views but if your looking over a building site and sand it may not be for you in the long run.So personnally i would buy off the bigger developers who have most of the best sites and can offer more facilites and can make your holiday more like a 5 star hotel experiance

S

SuziQ2708

I think it depends greatly on what the individual requires. If, for example, you are looking for holiday accomodation with rental income, then I'd say go with the big developments. Most holiday makers like to have facilities on their doorstep, along with the beautiful sea views, beach and pools. On the otherhand, if you're looking for a property in which to actually live in, I'd say a small development is probably more suitable. As lovely as it is to be on holiday with bars, restaurants etc. within the complex, totally different actually living in that environment I'd have thought.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Ours is a big development with over 400 units. We personally have not really encountered any problems and we were handed the keys 10 months from signing. Our developer always answers queries via email very promptly and we can talk to the Agent via Skype. Our Agent /Developer is always keeping us in the loop by emailing us pics every month or 2 and updating their website with them as well.

We have found the developer very approachable and has tried his best to accomdate us on anything we wanted to change.

If I went through the process again I would defo go with a developer that has experiance of buildng large complexes and hotels.

D

dave2u

we looked at some smaller developments but some where a bit isolated from the town or did not have many facilities around and looked like it could be that way for many years . in the end we brought near the promenende plenty of shops and resturants things to do and the beach about 10mis walk from one of the bigger developers there not perfect but we are getting there.seeing these other sites when we where out in july we have no regrets

S

swim-maestro

we looked at some smaller developments but some where a bit isolated from the town or did not have many facilities around and looked like it could be that way for many years . in the end we brought near the promenende plenty of shops and resturants things to do and the beach about 10mis walk from one of the bigger developers there not perfect but we are getting there.seeing these other sites when we where out in july we have no regrets
Hi where and which development have you bought in to? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.