Barcelo Royal Beach, Sunny Beach (formerly Royal Garden)

P

peter crowe

Hi Annie,

I have also bought an apartment here. I stayed in the apartment last -Th complex is beautiful and the apartments are great. However we were dissappointed to find the furniture we were promised was not what we had in the apartment. We didnt get the 4 poster bed, plasma tv's and the breakfast bar. But all the same were still pleased will the apartment. Our bills came to 2270 euros for 2007 of which they refunded us 299 euros. Whilst we stayed there we were asked for a further 788 bulgarian lev to cover the cost of water, electric etc.. for our 2 weeks stay.
I am thinking of selling after my 2 year rental agreement expires this year as I have heard that they have gone up in price. How about you? Do you know how to go about this? do you know of what taxes we will need to pay?
Thanks
Barbara
Hi Barbara
There are some iportant issues on the forum have you any comments
Pete

L

Lysos

Barbara,

What has been the actual return on your investment p.a. when you strip out all your purchase costs, maintenance charges and mortgage (if applicable).

Thanks.

D

Debs

Hi All
I to have some damaged furniture and after speaking to galaxy don't see much chance in receiving replacements. I have spoken to Vanya about such items initialy she seemed quite receptive but more recently even Vanya admits Galaxy our not responding to complaints. Concerning the increase in fees for 2009 i think at the least they should freeze our fees to that of 2008 surely they can't impose a 50% increase and still close the hotel for 5 month. Will those of you that argree allow me to forward an email to Vanya with our names and apartment numbers expressing firstly our concerns with regards the annual increase and secondly we would expect to receive a significant reduction in our fees if they decide to close the hotel during the winter.
Pete
Hi Peter,

My apartment is not a guaranteed rental and I am unable to fly from Manchester during the predicted time the hotel is to close so this part doesn't really affect me. However, I havent been notified of this and I do agree that the fees have increased by more than expected and we shouldnt pay for a full year. On my last visit the railing around the pool was damaged and the number of umbrellas broken by the wind was untrue - this is where the increase has gone. I do feel it is unfair that owners have to pay for the towels - and that we are asked for our passes just because we havent got a "yellow" towel. The hotel should be paying more towards the upkeep as it is probably their guests doing most of the damage.

P

peter crowe

Hi Debs
I totally agree. But, unless we take a collective stand our complaints fall on deaf ears. I have a property in Bansko and had simular problems when i purchased there but in time we have formed our own forum you can visit it at Redenka.co.uk then click on portal. We have attracted 95% of owners elected a committee employed an external lawyer and along with the management company have open and constructive dialog and above all owners get there deserved privileges. We do have sufficient owners on this forum to adopt a simular position and receive from Barcelo and Galaxy the respect we deserve.
Pete

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi all you Royal Beach owners

I bought 1 bedroom apartment in A block and was there for the opening night in June 07. I have visited about 6 times in total since - each time querying the snag list - it still hasnt been completed. I have given up on a lot - mainly cosmetic as some repairs have been made worse, but I have a damaged tv cabinet that hasnt been replaced yet and I am not sure they will. Considering the fact that the furniture is crap, I wont accept damaged crap, but I am not holding out much hope. I will keep you informed of developments.
Hi Debs

Yes, I had similar problems with the furniture to you.

The minor problems were: Dining room table badly scratched, TV unit chipped and veneer peeling off, grout missing from around the bathroom taps, leak in the bathroom caused by ineffective sealant - all these I fixed myself in the end as I got fed up waiting for Galaxy.

However, I have got 2 major defects too: a burn in the carpet and a sofa bed that doesn't work properly, which I can't sort out myself.

When I spoke to Svetlana (front office manager) I said it looked like Galaxy had purchased furniture 'seconds'.

Please let me know if you manage to get your snags fixed.

Paula

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi All
I to have some damaged furniture and after speaking to galaxy don't see much chance in receiving replacements. I have spoken to Vanya about such items initialy she seemed quite receptive but more recently even Vanya admits Galaxy our not responding to complaints. Concerning the increase in fees for 2009 i think at the least they should freeze our fees to that of 2008 surely they can't impose a 50% increase and still close the hotel for 5 month. Will those of you that argree allow me to forward an email to Vanya with our names and apartment numbers expressing firstly our concerns with regards the annual increase and secondly we would expect to receive a significant reduction in our fees if they decide to close the hotel during the winter.
Pete
Hi Pete

I have voted to keep the complex open all year round and I am happy for you to do a collective email to Vanya about the community charges and include my name.

Paula

P

peter crowe

Hi Paula
Thanks for that. Can all those who wish to object to the steep rise in fees please post their comments. PS I will need your apartment numbers.
Pete

P

paul staines

Hi Paula
Thanks for that. Can all those who wish to object to the steep rise in fees please post their comments. PS I will need your apartment numbers.
Pete
hi all so pleased that i found this forum (by accident) myself and a mate purchased off plan guaranty income one bed apts e801 and c810 we visited in oct for one week.we booked oct as our agreement stated that we could use the apts anytime out of season.whilst expecting to pay for room service and electric we were mortified by a bill for apprx 380euros each.when i asked for a breakdown of these charges i was again astounded . 50 euro arrival fee ? 50 euro departure fee ? and the list goes on and on and on.i enquired at reception and was told that whilst the hotel had been fully booked the season had now ended and that only 12 rooms were occupied.this complex can not stay open under these conditions and must go into shutdown mode(with access to appts only for owners) having stated this they can not shut down for months on end and implement a 50%increase as well . i agree there is strength in numbers and wondered how it is possible to get details of all uk owners.please add me to your list Paul staines apartment E801 and C810

P

peter crowe

Nice one paul and another good reason for owners to make a stand. I stayed in my apaprtment in August and to date have not been charged for anything double standards i thinksssss.
Pete

S

snakesinthegrass

hi all so pleased that i found this forum (by accident) myself and a mate purchased off plan guaranty income one bed apts e801 and c810 we visited in oct for one week.we booked oct as our agreement stated that we could use the apts anytime out of season.whilst expecting to pay for room service and electric we were mortified by a bill for apprx 380euros each.when i asked for a breakdown of these charges i was again astounded . 50 euro arrival fee ? 50 euro departure fee ? and the list goes on and on and on.i enquired at reception and was told that whilst the hotel had been fully booked the season had now ended and that only 12 rooms were occupied.this complex can not stay open under these conditions and must go into shutdown mode(with access to appts only for owners) having stated this they can not shut down for months on end and implement a 50%increase as well . i agree there is strength in numbers and wondered how it is possible to get details of all uk owners.please add me to your list Paul staines apartment E801 and C810
That's absolutely ridiculous, 50 euros for arriving at your own apartment and 50 euros for departing your own apartment. Is this charge just for owners of apartments with guaranteed income or all owners. Has anyone else had these charges?

Paula

P

peter crowe

Hi all
WOULD THOSE OF YOU WISHING TO OBJECT AGAINTS BARCELO'S UNFAIR POLOCIES PLEASE LEAVE THERE NAMES AND APARTMENT NUMBERS SO I CAN RESPOND WITH OUR CONCERNS.
Pete

M

michellesharp

hi pete
i own an apartment in royal beach in the guaranteed section not emailed them back yet about what i think about the increased fee but i do think its quite steep does'nt really bother me if they close it or not would'nt go that time of year anyway but i do think they should at least not charge us if its closed.
do you know what rental income we will get from barcelo next year will it be better than galaxy's? when they take the agreement over dont know weather to renew or try and sell.

thanks michelle sharp apt c701

D

Debs

Hi all
WOULD THOSE OF YOU WISHING TO OBJECT AGAINTS BARCELO'S UNFAIR POLOCIES PLEASE LEAVE THERE NAMES AND APARTMENT NUMBERS SO I CAN RESPOND WITH OUR CONCERNS.
Pete

Hi Pete,

As per prev message, even though the closure wont affect me I am happy to join the group regarding the increased fees etc.

My apartment is A402 (Debbie Rostron)

P

paul staines

Hi all
Pete
hi Pete paul staines apt E801.and steven rhodes apt C810.Last visit was oct 07 for one week we were charged by galaxy 390 euro to stay in our own 1 bed apts each.Dick Turpin comes to mind.Not happy with this so we are thinking of selling.the saving grace is they appear to have increased in value although i dont know of any resales.e mail sent to [email protected] advised value at 1700to1800 euro sq mtr.not the fees for the sale 5%.i have no experiance selling property in bulgaria and not sure how it all works,do i have to stick with one agent or do i use many and pay comm to the one that sells.Iwould like to add that in oct only 12 rooms occupied in whole complex.On this basis they would need to do something to attract more custom or shut.what they should not be allowed to get away with is a 50%increase in charges and a 50%reduction in opening at the same time ,its that Dick turpin again.if they are not carefull stories like this will stop people buying from them ,golden goose and all that. take care and good luck

P

peter crowe

Hi Paul & Steve
You could try leaving a post on the forum for a couple called Chris and Jane they run a magazine offering advice on buying and selling in bulgaria. When you access the site just click on the bulgarian flag to open the discussion page then open a new post entitled HELP Chris & Jane explain your topic and they should respond. My advice at this stage considering the current housing market would be to stick with it and in future when at the Barcelo refuse to pay any add on charges. I was recently at Barcelo and was'nt charged at all for our stay. If in future should any of the receptionist request payment for anything other than water and electric ask to speak a duty manager its your apartment you can stay whenever you wish.With regards selling you should also try my bulgaria they offer a re-sale service.
Regards
Pete

P

peter crowe

Hi all
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED MY EMAIL TO VANYA
I would like to draw your attention to the list of owners of apartments who have all expressed concern with regards to next years fee increases. Could you firstly explain in some detail the need to increase our running costs by such a large precentage when you are considering closing the hotel for five month. We currently have an increasing number of owners on our forum complaining about unfair charges when using there apartments these range from checking in and out fees to been discriminated against for not been allowed pool towels at a reasonable rate. Also many of our forum members our concerned with the lack of response from Galaxy regarding there snagging list. Could you with a degree of urgency please investigate our concerns and provide us with an explernation. Finaly could you provide us with a company policy regarding owners been charged when using their apartments for example one particular owner was charged 50 euro to check in and 50euro to check out surely this is incorrect could you advice me of your position relating to this inccident.
I HAVE EXCLUDED OWNERS DETAILS FROM THIS POST HAS REQUESTED
Regards
Pete

S

snakesinthegrass

Hi all
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED MY EMAIL TO VANYA
I would like to draw your attention to the list of owners of apartments who have all expressed concern with regards to next years fee increases. Could you firstly explain in some detail the need to increase our running costs by such a large precentage when you are considering closing the hotel for five month. We currently have an increasing number of owners on our forum complaining about unfair charges when using there apartments these range from checking in and out fees to been discriminated against for not been allowed pool towels at a reasonable rate. Also many of our forum members our concerned with the lack of response from Galaxy regarding there snagging list. Could you with a degree of urgency please investigate our concerns and provide us with an explernation. Finaly could you provide us with a company policy regarding owners been charged when using their apartments for example one particular owner was charged 50 euro to check in and 50euro to check out surely this is incorrect could you advice me of your position relating to this inccident.
I HAVE EXCLUDED OWNERS DETAILS FROM THIS POST HAS REQUESTED
Regards
Pete
Hi Pete

That email sounds good and to the point!

You mentioning that apartment owners are charged for using the yellow towels reminded me that they also charge apartment owners for internet access, but for hotel guests it's free. It's all geared up against apartment owners.

When I was there in October 2007, I was making good use of the indoor swimming pool and gym. Then, after a few days, they put a sign on the doors saying that there is a daily charge for using them! They seem to be making it up as they go along.

Paula

P

peter crowe

Hi all
I have received a response from Vanya regarding my email i posted yesterday. With regards to annual fees Vanya is saying that the price increase to 12 euros per sq mtr was the increase for 2008 up from 8 euros in 2007. This according to Vanya is the reason why Barcelo are considering closing the hotel during the winter month to avoid any increase in fess next year. All owners have been asked to vote on this issue. With regards the snagging list please forward all future complaints to Atana Dobrinski at: [email protected] With regards charges for use of apartments this one is for Paul & Steve apparently you guys signed a rental aggrement with galaxy the charges are cleaning the apartment before you arrive and after your departure with regards been charged for each week you stayed i suggest you check your contracts. Towels i am still working on this one. Please continue to post your concerns i am happy to forward and report any complaints to Barcelo. I would like also to take this oppertunity in thanking all those who surported our collective position.
Pete

P

peter crowe

Hi Paula
Yes your right they do make it up has they go along this is the reason why we need to adopt a collective approach. I will continue to pursue Barcelo with all your concerns to gain the respect we deserve as owners.
Pete

J

janicecowan

Advice

Hi I have just found this web page and would be grateful for help. We have four apartments in Royal Beach and have just received new contracts, I do not understand what they are saying. It says something about they will only pay if the apartments are rented out, how do we know if they have rented them or not. We too are waiting for the promised snagging to be done. I am going out there in early October to have a meeting with Galaxy and would be grateful for some advice on the questions I should be asking. Thanks Janice