Brazil and uk

• Thread starter jonathanlondres
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonathanlondres

The Minister of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade, Miguel Jorge, announced this Monday, during the third meeting of the Joint Economic and Trade (Jetco, its Spanish acronym),in Sao Paulo, which double the turnover with the United Kingdom in five years. According to him, today the business transactions between the two nations are about $ 5.2 billion

In order to continue with England, the minister intends to "break down bureaucratic barriers that hinder the export." "Our exports have grown 20% constantly, but the idea is to further increase this percentage."
The British Minister of State for Business, John Hutton, who scores the United Kingdom, increasingly, whether doing business with Brazil. "It's one of the largest economies in the world. The country is growing and full of opportunities," he said.

Over the past ten months, the British press has published positive reports on the Brazilian economy. To attract entrepreneurs from the United Kingdom to the country, the British government, through the Bureau of Business and Investment, published a Guide to Business in Brazil to stimulate the exchange of information between the British and Brazilian entrepreneurs: the idea is to show the opportunities to being exploited in the country

D

Dotty

Banned
That is an interesting report,

But in reality Brasil has dropped it's ranking by quite a bit due to corruption and a lack of vision to open a free economy and the very tight Brasilian laws to receive investments from overseas with open arms(I am not only refering to the property market,but imports too.
The Minister of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade, Miguel Jorge, announced this Monday, during the third meeting of the Joint Economic and Trade (Jetco, its Spanish acronym),in Sao Paulo, which double the turnover with the United Kingdom in five years. According to him, today the business transactions between the two nations are about $ 5.2 billion

In order to continue with England, the minister intends to "break down bureaucratic barriers that hinder the export." "Our exports have grown 20% constantly, but the idea is to further increase this percentage."
The British Minister of State for Business, John Hutton, who scores the United Kingdom, increasingly, whether doing business with Brazil. "It's one of the largest economies in the world. The country is growing and full of opportunities," he said.

Over the past ten months, the British press has published positive reports on the Brazilian economy. To attract entrepreneurs from the United Kingdom to the country, the British government, through the Bureau of Business and Investment, published a Guide to Business in Brazil to stimulate the exchange of information between the British and Brazilian entrepreneurs: the idea is to show the opportunities to being exploited in the country

D

davehoskings

That is an interesting report,

But in reality Brasil has dropped it's ranking by quite a bit due to corruption and a lack of vision to open a free economy and the very tight Brasilian laws to receive investments from overseas with open arms(I am not only refering to the property market,but imports too.
So trade is increasing but your perception is that it isn't even though the figures say otherwise. :rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
Dave- Brasil was ranked 58th in the world in free economy,but has dropped to 101st position this yr.

Brasil has moved its catogory from moderately free(moderadamente livre) to majoritariamente nao livre:rolleyes:.QUOTE=davehoskings;74056]So trade is increasing but your perception is that it isn't even though the figures say otherwise. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

D

davehoskings

Dave- Brasil was ranked 58th in the world in free economy,but has dropped to 101st position this yr.

Brasil has moved its catogory from moderately free(moderadamente livre) to majoritariamente nao livre:rolleyes:.QUOTE=davehoskings;74056]So trade is increasing but your perception is that it isn't even though the figures say otherwise. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Which has nothing to do with the amount of trade, which in the meantime is increasing.

Maybe you should ask why the number is higher than it was before? A lot of it has to do with the control of in and outflows of money to try and curb corruption and tax evasion.

D

Dotty

Banned
I thought you went on holiday!

Basically it works like this .People want to invest in a country .The country they choose to invest in happens to have extremely complex investment rules (I am not refering to buying a flat or chalet).The country charges phenominal taxes to get goods into the country,so it does not make it an easy economy to break into ,however to export from Brasil is quite different,produce is cheap and export charges are less.:rolleyes:QUOTE=davehoskings;74084][/QUOTE]

Which has nothing to do with the amount of trade, which in the meantime is increasing.

Maybe you should ask why the number is higher than it was before? A lot of it has to do with the control of in and outflows of money to try and curb corruption and tax evasion.[/QUOTE]

D

davehoskings

I thought you went on holiday!

Basically it works like this .People want to invest in a country .The country they choose to invest in happens to have extremely complex investment rules (I am not refering to buying a flat or chalet).The country charges phenominal taxes to get goods into the country,so it does not make it an easy economy to break into ,however to export from Brasil is quite different,produce is cheap and export charges are less.:rolleyes:QUOTE=davehoskings;74084]

Maybe you should ask why the number is higher than it was before? A lot of it has to do with the control of in and outflows of money to try and curb corruption and tax evasion.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I thought I would come back from holiday and you would start making sense, but I am sadly disappointed :(

M

Mineiro

Maybe you should ask why the number is higher than it was before? A lot of it has to do with the control of in and outflows of money to try and curb corruption and tax evasion.
[/QUOTE]

I thought I would come back from holiday and you would start making sense, but I am sadly disappointed :([/QUOTE]

Dave unfortunately I'm afraid to say that it's your good self who doesn't seem to be able to follow a simple explanation. As Dotty says Brazil is one of the most closed economies worldwide. There was a survey on this very recently and Brazil had fallen down the list very dramatically. Brazil was one of the worst countries in Latin America only beating Paraguay and Venezuela. There are numerous articles you can read Dave if you want to increase your knowledge any further.

D

davehoskings

I thought I would come back from holiday and you would start making sense, but I am sadly disappointed :([/QUOTE]

Dave unfortunately I'm afraid to say that it's your good self who doesn't seem to be able to follow a simple explanation. As Dotty says Brazil is one of the most closed economies worldwide. There was a survey on this very recently and Brazil had fallen down the list very dramatically. Brazil was one of the worst countries in Latin America only beating Paraguay and Venezuela. There are numerous articles you can read Dave if you want to increase your knowledge any further.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my expectations are too high I suppose, when I have a conversation with someone I usually assume that one statement follows on from another, i don't expect random statements that are not in context.

M

Mineiro

I thought I would come back from holiday and you would start making sense, but I am sadly disappointed :(
Dave unfortunately I'm afraid to say that it's your good self who doesn't seem to be able to follow a simple explanation. As Dotty says Brazil is one of the most closed economies worldwide. There was a survey on this very recently and Brazil had fallen down the list very dramatically. Brazil was one of the worst countries in Latin America only beating Paraguay and Venezuela. There are numerous articles you can read Dave if you want to increase your knowledge any further.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my expectations are too high I suppose, when I have a conversation with someone I usually assume that one statement follows on from another, i don't expect random statements that are not in context.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I quite follow you Dave?

J

JMBroad

Seems the issue is that we are talking about different things.

Where was it ranked 58th then 101st? Which ranking? What does the ranking relate to?

Mineiro - do you know where I can get a copy of that survey? Or just the results? Currently looking at the other S.A countries so could be some useful info.

M

Mineiro

Seems the issue is that we are talking about different things.

Where was it ranked 58th then 101st? Which ranking? What does the ranking relate to?

Mineiro - do you know where I can get a copy of that survey? Or just the results? Currently looking at the other S.A countries so could be some useful info.
JMB, it's the Index of Economic Freedom that Ralph pointed out to you in the other thread.

J

JMBroad

JMB, it's the Index of Economic Freedom that Ralph pointed out to you in the other thread.
Yes thanks,

This was the first post I read this morning so Ralph hadn't actually made that post yet. I've got the copy of the survey and read his interview with Veja now as well, thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.