Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Where to invest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billa007

Ive looking to invest in UAE and have been reading everyones posts. People have made a lot of money in Dubai through flippin and investing virtually everywhere last 5 or so years. Im looking for longterm investment, a few units which maybe double my investment in next 4-5 years. But am confused where to invest:confused:
Many say Dubai has peaked and go for Abu Dhabi, Al Reef or AL Raha?
Others strongly advise dubai waterfront.
Both of which is about 1800-2500sq ft. Will these projects reach 4000sq ft when complete.
Should i go for a couple of villas or 5/6 apartments? Or maybe just 1 villa on Palm Jebel Ali????
Or is it best to go Sports City or Remraam etc closer to 1000sq ft?
PLEASEEEEEEEE HELP?

J

junaidrafique

Hi,

Dubai will remain strong as long as there are tourist attractions, open laws allowing for outsiders to own land and live freely, and 0% CORPORATE AND INCOME TAX. Lets not get into the hype here, although there may be an element of oversupply or overheating in Dubai all the above reasons make Dubai a good long term investment.

Its simple, the more people come in as they are, the more they need housing.

The best investments are commercial in Business Bay which is an excellent long term investment, villas anywhere in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, Waterfront.

If you want more help let me know. Omniyat has some excellent office towers going up in business bay like the Gemini and Opus.

D

docc

Recent statistics (don't know if they are official or not) have shown that there is an annual population growth of 7%. Current population in Dubai is 1.6 Million out of which atleast 500,000 or more are laborers. Lets assume that the current real population of Dubai is just about 1 Million. If there is a 7% annual growth, this means that 70,000 new people are moving to Dubai. Even if i am being extremely conservative and say that its all families, then around 15,000-20,000 families are moving here each year. This simply translates to the fact that there is a requirement of atleast 10,000 residential units every year. These guys will be working in offices which means there will atleast be a requirement of a 1000 offices or more every year....

I'm being quite conservative with my number simply because i feel that the statistics are over inflated. Even if we taken 50% of everything, its still a large number!

Fran

Fran

In my opinion, Dubai is interesting for business people, as trade is here.
65% from the income of the Emirate comes from the FREE ZONES.

Abu Dhabi offers long time security - stable market.

It depends what are your intentions in long term. Are you planning to remain here for life, or just quick money in few years...

B

Billa007

I am resident abroad and dont intend to live in Dubai/ Abu Dhabi. I just want investments that I will receive good capital growth, and rental return if i keep them.
In regards to Business Bay will prices continue to rise. already they are in excess of 2000/2500 sq ft.
I am indecisive of following areas, waterfront/badrah/al reem abu dhabi/sports city.

Fran

Fran

In Business Bay prices will keep rising and once the Burj Dubai is completed, the area will be the most expensive in the world.

At the moment the offers (in my knowledge) for commercial space vary from AED 1750 to AED 6000.

B

Billa007

How come some business bay properties are relatively cheap, clover tower 1650p sq ft. and hydra towers at 1615sq ft for full floor of about 3000sq ft.
These seem like good offers. Should i consider either of these???

Fran

Fran

The offers vary depending on many factors such as exact location within Business Bay, developer, construction stage etc.

J

junaidrafique

Cheap doesn't necessarily man good returns. Cheap usually means mediocre and what you pay for is what you get. i.e run of the mill.

Lets put it this way, if there's a correction in the market, the first to suffer will be the cheap run of the mill properties which have no added value.

Business Bay is a medium to long term safe bet with completion of many projects after 2010. In this case as Dubai continues to grow commercially, so will Business Bay, and thus your premiums are guarenteed.

For end users, going for projects which offer world class facilities, technology and design as well as prestige is key. Omniyat offer world class, futuristic projects with great long term returns as Business Bay grows. Just look at the Opus, once finished everyone will want a space in that building!

Alternatively projects like Bayswater will be ready early 2009 and will be among the first to be delivered in BB, thus a good shoert term bet. However, there is no infastructure to support delivery of these projects so its better to go for projects delivered later.

R

Roshan

Cheap doesn't necessarily man good returns. Cheap usually means mediocre and what you pay for is what you get. i.e run of the mill.

Lets put it this way, if there's a correction in the market, the first to suffer will be the cheap run of the mill properties which have no added value.

Business Bay is a medium to long term safe bet with completion of many projects after 2010. In this case as Dubai continues to grow commercially, so will Business Bay, and thus your premiums are guarenteed.

For end users, going for projects which offer world class facilities, technology and design as well as prestige is key. Omniyat offer world class, futuristic projects with great long term returns as Business Bay grows. Just look at the Opus, once finished everyone will want a space in that building!

Alternatively projects like Bayswater will be ready early 2009 and will be among the first to be delivered in BB, thus a good shoert term bet. However, there is no infastructure to support delivery of these projects so its better to go for projects delivered later.

Good points on BB. Later the better, as you said as you will not have the infra structure in place. However " One BB", Prism could see quick occupation as they are on the boundry of BB

When the developer told me that my project was delayed and he was good enough to halt future payments, I just said Thank you very much, for the reasons you stated in your post.

I feel once the other phases of BB come up. The concentration from Sh. Zayed would shift towards the second phase of BB considering the residentials areas are closer to that phase thereby making commuting easy.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

I am resident abroad and dont intend to live in Dubai/ Abu Dhabi. I just want investments that I will receive good capital growth, and rental return if i keep them.
In regards to Business Bay will prices continue to rise. already they are in excess of 2000/2500 sq ft.
I am indecisive of following areas, waterfront/badrah/al reem abu dhabi/sports city.
With your investing strategy in place, I think you should go for commercials in BB & JLT. JLT would be the next free zone to come into the market.

You thinking is same as mine. I have invested in commercial spaces in BB & JLT bearing in mind that the returns are high for commercials, currently Dhs 250 psf, could correct in the future but should not go below Dhs 180 psf. Dhs 180,000 on a 1000 sq ft office is good, don't you think so.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

Hi,

Dubai will remain strong as long as there are tourist attractions, open laws allowing for outsiders to own land and live freely, and 0% CORPORATE AND INCOME TAX. Lets not get into the hype here, although there may be an element of oversupply or overheating in Dubai all the above reasons make Dubai a good long term investment.

Its simple, the more people come in as they are, the more they need housing.

The best investments are commercial in Business Bay which is an excellent long term investment, villas anywhere in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, Waterfront.

If you want more help let me know. Omniyat has some excellent office towers going up in business bay like the Gemini and Opus.
What's happening to the GEMINI, do you know the current status, there were delays since the land was not handed over. However Omniyat the good developer that they are stopped all future payments and didn't take advantage of the situation by threatening to cancel contracts or demand for payments. That shows the class of the developer I must say.

Gemini occupies a good location and would not depend much on infra structure as it's close to the main road and would get the support from existing infra structure.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

In my opinion, Dubai is interesting for business people, as trade is here.
65% from the income of the Emirate comes from the FREE ZONES.

Abu Dhabi offers long time security - stable market.

It depends what are your intentions in long term. Are you planning to remain here for life, or just quick money in few years...
Abudhabi's economy is driven by oil. Duabi does not need to bother about oil as it's concentration has been trade.

My bet would be on Dubai then on Abudhabi.

Regards

Roshan

Fran

Fran

Abudhabi's economy is driven by oil. Duabi does not need to bother about oil as it's concentration has been trade.

My bet would be on Dubai then on Abudhabi.

Regards

Roshan
Currently Dubai's income situation is the following in approximate figures:
10% Oil
25% Tourism
65% Free Zones
Basically the future is on the mercy of the law makers. If taxes in any form will be introduced, the situation will change. Also the inflation and the high cost of life drives many expats back home in 6 months.
The supply will catch up with the demand maximum by 2010.

In the mean time, 94% of the income of Abu Dhabi is guaranteed for ever from the second largest in the world oil reserves. The economy and the developments are on conservative mode.
That's why Abu Dhabi's realistic strategic plan has the time frame 2030.

It is much less likely the supply of property to over come the demand in the near 10 years. This means that properties will be demanded and prices will remain relatively stable.

D

docc

Actually, Dubai's oil income is only 6% :)

Abu Dhabi is the tortoise and Dubai is the Hare, atleast in my opinion. This isn't the perfect analogy as in the end both of them will come out successful.

That said, Abu Dhabi's prices are already touching Dubai's levels. Abu Dhabi already demands prices as high as Dubai. All the major developments are now charing about 2000-2500/Sft in Abu Dhabi as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see as to what direction the market is going towards.

Fran

Fran

There is only one possible direction that is UP.
The rest is just a talk and represents individual's insecurities. Since the boom started in 2002 people are talking about bubble and correction, but yet in 2008 neither the bubble exploded, nor the prices went down.

J

junaidrafique

Roshan, I work for Omniyat and appreciate your kind words. Indeed Gemini has been put back and I suspect the enabling work will begin in a few months or so. But as we are telling investors, the Gemini will be complete 2010 which is a good time to have your property handed over. If you want to know about some more investment opportunities with us you can email me on [email protected].

J

jun222

Investment Opportunity

Hello,

Dubai is the place to invest now. There are many projects up and coming where you should invest your money. Here are some

SILICON GATES IV PRELAUNCH

Silicon Gates IV is a majestic eight story, five star apartment building, located next to the main roundabout in Dubai Silicon Oasis. It is just opposite the Academic City which includes Knowledge Village and Women College. It is only a few minutes drive from Dubai Land and International City.

Some of the main qualities of the building:

Secure Parking with each apartment.

Quality Kitchen Gear

Swimming Pool

Separate Ladies and Gents’ Gyms

Up to 90% finance available through Amlak

Silicon Oasis is one of the prime locations in Dubai. It is soon going to be one of the worlds top technology hubs. Many international companies are opening their offices here. Hospitals, Shopping Centers, Supermarkets, and schools are being developed here. It is going to be a well flourishing area. Living at the DSO is like being part of high-tech suburbia. The close-knit community is furnished with paved sidewalks, landscaped gardens, and manicured public parks. The residential section of Dubai Silicon Oasis is intended as an extension of the complex technology park, providing executives working at DSO a facilitated living space close to the office.

Building consists of only Studios and 1 Bed

STUDIO:

Area 432.18
S.P.: AED 1420/sq. ft.
AED 613,697

Great Payment Plan

1st payment / 10% - On Booking

2nd payment / 5% - after 3 months of 1st payment

3rd payment / 10% - after 3 months of 2nd payment

4th payment / 5% - after 3 months of 3rd payment

5th payment / 70% - on completion

If interested then please do contact me. This is a great investment opportunity. Don't wait too long or you will miss out. 60% of the building is already been sold.

Junaid Ahmad
[email protected]

J

junaidrafique

Guys, I'm looking for a 3 bedroom mediterranean al reef villa. If anyone is willing to sell or knows someone willing to sell at a good price 2.8 all in. then pls pls pls let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.