websites in multiple languages?

• Thread starter Aegean Emerald Properties
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aegean Emerald Properties

Hi there!

hoping some of you may be able to recommend a good wesite design and hosting service who can provide a website in several languages?

I have a few names and quotes already, but I find that recommendations from past customers are always helpful.

any of you able to recommend a company to do this? (bear in mind i want one who will provide a good translation into the other languages from English!)

many thanks!:)
Emma

thanks Damian - will drop them a mail

cheers!

jessicatam

jessicatam

Have you ever used any of those auto-translation scripts with any success? I've been considering trying those out just to see what the interest is like for other countries, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I realize that they are nowhere near as good as a real human translation, but are they so bad that they'd do more harm than good?

R

renterstoolkit

I realize that they are nowhere near as good as a real human translation, but are they so bad that they'd do more harm than good?
=> Yes I can confirm they are THAT bad!
(I ve been working on corporate multilingual software for 10 years)
Do not use automatic translation unless you make it very explicit (big red header, font 50) that the translation is provided only as a guide

jessicatam

jessicatam

=> Yes I can confirm they are THAT bad!
(I ve been working on corporate multilingual software for 10 years)
Do not use automatic translation unless you make it very explicit (big red header, font 50) that the translation is provided only as a guide
Thanks for the heads up!

Actually, I've been learning German for a while now - I'm only at the most basic tourist level, but I'm starting to spot bad mistakes in the online translators already, so I dread to think what it looks like to a native!

I think I'll just use humans for translation, when it's needed.

D

deanver

i haven't tried using a multi-lingual website yet but i am concerned as to how will my site look like. or how are the texts would be translated. i don't want to have robotic website :D

P

Prop-erty

Have you ever used any of those auto-translation scripts with any success? I've been considering trying those out just to see what the interest is like for other countries, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I used one and the translation was so awful that I got rid of it. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.