Ramadan

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

Just thought I'd remind everyone that Ramadan starts in a day or two. Something to bare in mind when trying to get anything done over the next month or more. It's not easy fasting in that sort of heat (I'll be back in Bahrain tomorrow, just in time to fast in the same kind of heat!) so patience is needed. Working hours are usually drastically shortened over the whole period and non-existent durung Eid which follows Ramadan in around a month from now. :)

Ramadan karim:)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Linda yes I agree - we are normally in Luxor or Sharm in October during Ramadan and a little patience is needed. Personally I dont know how they and you do it. Espec as it is earlier this yr and it is sooooo much hotter than late Sept / early Oct.

L

Lsab

For me, the heat isn't the problem because of the a/c though that can be rather drying, but the days are longer, so more hours fasting. Sometimes it seems an eternity until sunset!! The first few days are the hardest then we settle to a routine and it's not too bad. Actually, not eating or drinking during daylight hours is only a part of the experience. It's not easy but the majority of muslims would see Ramadan as an uplifting, very spiritual time.
xx

N

nubianqueen

hi linda

how are you, i have been speaking today to my partner about ramadan and i am going to try it here in the u.k. i agree that the spiritual part is the most important part of ramadan, i hope to try inshalla anyway.

i have been told that hurghada village is still not ready and now ramadam is here! i go to egypt at the end of september anyway, even if it is not ready and will spend the time looking around, going to hurghada and just resting, so instead of creating a strop which is what i feel like doing i will turn it around inshalla for myself, hmm we will see, i have a funny feeling that just as I return to the u.k. it will be ready! but what can i do.:eek:

nubianqueen:cool:

S

SuziQ2708

Have a safe journey home Linda. Looking at my belly in these PJ's I reckon I could benefit from a bit of fasting too ;) ... Mind you, working nights is a bit like Ramadam, I fast and sleep all day and stuff my face for 10 hours through the night .... LOL

R

redangel7861

Start of Ramadan tomorrow here in the UK.

A month of peace, soul cleansing and spirituality. May I wish all my Muslim Brothers and Sisters around the world a Peacefull Ramadan and may Allah answer all your prayers during this blessed month.

RED

L

Lsab

Start of Ramadan tomorrow here in the UK.

A month of peace, soul cleansing and spirituality. May I wish all my Muslim Brothers and Sisters around the world a Peacefull Ramadan and may Allah answer all your prayers during this blessed month.

RED
Thank you S.

Ramadan started here today and for the first time that I can remember, Egypt instead of being a day behind Saudi, has also started today.

I would like to add my greetings to all brothers and sisters. In this holy month, I wish that Allah graces you with peace and happiness and showers you with His blessings. Ramadan mubarak

S

SuziQ2708

Thanks Suzanne. Arrived back late last night - 16 hours door to door (most of that spent hanging around airports!). I'll email you very soon
xx
Good to hear you're back safe and sound. Airports! aren't they a nightmare! :rolleyes:

annethedonn

annethedonn

My hubby is fasting, he doesn't half get ratty the first week - even more so than usual lol! Ramadan Kareem.

L

Lsab

Thanks Anne - Ramadan Kareem to Khalid. Yes the first week can be really difficult but just remember to warn him that he can break his fast by arguing and losing his temper!!! Rattiness is probably OK though :D

queenie40something

queenie40something

Last night I joined Zeiad and friends for breakfast ' El fetaar ' ? that will last me for a fortnight lolxxx

L

Lsab

Hi Alison - the word you're looking for is 'iftar'. Some people go a bit mad and have a huge 'breakfast' but most eat an ordinary meal. I think that after fasting all day a huge meal leaves you feeling horrible. That doesn't stop me grazing all evening though!!!

S

SuziQ2708

When I got in to work at 8pm last night I did have to chuckle to myself. One of my work colleagues was sat at her desk in front of a computer tucking in to a pile of cooked chicken followed by 2 bags of hoola hoops and topped with a chunky extra large kitkat and swilled down with a can of coke! She'd waited all day for this mighty feast of tasty ingredients, which rapidly disappeared in the space of 15 minutes :p

N

nubianqueen

salamalekum linda

salamalekum to you linda

how are you, i have to say that whilst i was struggling to do the fast, apart from the spiritual aspect, whether i liked it or not i have been ill, so loss of appetite and weight! have you seen the pictures that dave99 sent about hurghada village and my reply what do you think?

nubian queen:cool:

U

um zineddine

hi everyone ramadan karim,
how are you, hi linda, i wanted to share this pictures with you, this is in egypt in ramadan last year, it is beautiful, i love egypt , i can't wait to vesit egypt.
ramadan kareen
et bon courage for the members, who wants to experience fasting.
salaam

U

um zineddine

salaam,
i am sorry i don't know waht happend , this is the percture.... i hope

U

um zineddine

hi linda,
i M GOING TO ASK MY CHILDREN TO HELP, I AM UNABLE TO DO IT.
SAHA FTOURKOUM
SALAAM

L

Lsab

salamalekum to you linda

how are you, i have to say that whilst i was struggling to do the fast, apart from the spiritual aspect, whether i liked it or not i have been ill, so loss of appetite and weight! have you seen the pictures that dave99 sent about hurghada village and my reply what do you think?

nubian queen:cool:
Wa'alaikum assalam to you

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been ill and I do hope that you are feeling much better now. Of course you mustn't fast when in ill health so just eat and regain your strength. Did you get my PM to you at the beginning of Ramadan?

I just read your posts in the Hurghada Village Updates thread. You are always so optomistic that it is refreshing to read what you write.

InshaAllah you'll be 100% fit and well soon

Linda
xx

L

Lsab

hi everyone ramadan karim,
how are you, hi linda, i wanted to share this pictures with you, this is in egypt in ramadan last year, it is beautiful, i love egypt , i can't wait to vesit egypt.
ramadan kareen
et bon courage for the members, who wants to experience fasting.
salaam
Assalamu alaikum Seloua

Embarassingly I don't have a clue how to upload photos so I can't help. Trouble is kids always know how to do these things so easily that I've become lazy and I leave it to my son. :eek: Anyway I look forward to seeing the photo.

I hope you and your faimily are all well. Will you travel anywhere for Eid or stay at home?

Ramadan kareem

Linda
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.