The procedure - from start to finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Serene

I am looking to buy a piece of land on the Island of Tinhara and build my own property. The land I am looking at has planning permission for a 20 bed hotel. This is however not what I am interested in building, I simply want a nice place for myself. Also the permission was granted 5 years ago so I guess this has expired, or has it?

I know its a lot to ask for but can anyone help me with the general procedure I need to follow. Finding a builder I think may be difficult as the island doesn't have roads so the logistics are not straight forward regarding materials.

Any help would be appreciated.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I am looking to buy a piece of land on the Island of Tinhara and build my own property. The land I am looking at has planning permission for a 20 bed hotel. This is however not what I am interested in building, I simply want a nice place for myself. Also the permission was granted 5 years ago so I guess this has expired, or has it?

I know its a lot to ask for but can anyone help me with the general procedure I need to follow. Finding a builder I think may be difficult as the island doesn't have roads so the logistics are not straight forward regarding materials.

I recommend seeing a lawyer first just to see what the situation is. I know in some areas. planning permission expires fairly quickly if you don't build, that plus your desire to build something else than already approved probably complicates matters.

After that get an architect to have a look and give you an opinion on what to build.

Regards,
Rob.

debzor

debzor

Without a shadow of a doubt - first a good lawyer, then an architect - but both before you buy.

D

Dotty

Banned
You will need to see the original deeds of the land and see if it has been registered properly and talk to a lawyer .The planning permission was granted for a different project and legislation changes anually in Brasil so what was yesterday can be different today . Your plan would be different so the building will be different.An engineer and an architect would need to be contracted to look at the land and they will see if it possible to build there.They will put together a plano baixo which you would then take to the various depts for approval.This is not a straight forward process and can take a while,so ideally you would need to be in Brasil overlooking that work is to your requirements .
It might be easier to buy a property that can be adapted,again planning needs to given for the changes ,but it will be quicker and you :) will save money.
I am looking to buy a piece of land on the Island of Tinra and build my own property. The land I am looking at has planning permission for a 20 bed hotel. This is however not what I am interested in building, I simply want a nice place for myself. Also the permission was granted 5 years ago so I guess this has expired, or has it?

Status
Not open for further replies.