Parque Dourado - Fortaleza

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rkinvestor

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a plot of for investment purposes and came across this project. They are selling the lots and after few years they are going to build villas there. Anyone heard of it?

M

michaelbush

Another one of the same!! Designed to get you interested in land that previously would have little interest to Brasilians and using Alphaville, a well know brand name in Brasil, to assist the marketing. From their map it does not look as close as they would have you believe! Alphaville is a a high end product for wealthy Brasilians. Here in Natal lots are changing hands at around 180-200kR$, but not a house has been built yet! However the entry level is low in this product and most people would write that money off and put it down to experience if all did not happen as promised. Most of the agents selling it have probably not been there, but people would not pay to go there for that level of investment. This makes the selling easier! Pretty pictures of a future resort, not expensive to produce, and it looks inviting. I would be surprised if in 3 years time there are houses on the site, but then I could be wrong. I need something to counter the ones that have gone wrong.

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a plot of for investment purposes and came across this project. They are selling the lots and after few years they are going to build villas there. Anyone heard of it?
I m afraid that Michael is correct, many of these so called developers who advertise in this way 'promise to build a development to up your value of land' in reality often never happens, either had never had the intention or cant and underestimate the difficulties of gaining the required licences for development of any resonable size.

Where exactly in Ceara is this project? what is the size of land and price? I have not heard of this project myself but I m sure many of my contacts here in Fortaleza will know something about it. I work for a construction company here in Fortaleza, currently building 2 houses, one in Eusebio and another in Taiba, also we are currently working though the licences for another large development in Morro Branco which we will be building when all gained.
Always much better to come here yourself before making a purchase, I can put you intouch with local on the ground agents here as we use many ourselfs if your looking for land here, and maybe be able to help you with construction.
Regards
Paul

R

rkinvestor

Paul,
The Parque Dourado project as per brochure is minutes away from Fortaleza, close to beach and 8 km from Pinto Martin International Airport. The permission has been granted for construction of good-sized residential villas on plots of
360m2.
My aim is to buy a piece of land and sell it off at a greater returns in few years. If your agents have lands which will yield good returns then definately i can get intouch with them.

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi RK,
Ok, you got me curisous now, I have looked it up and read some foreign real estate sales reports about it, from people who have never been like usual. It certainly is not only minutes from the city, perhaps 15 minutes to the tip of the city areas but to any areas within the city for tourism, shopping, business, being in the city areas of Iracema, Meireless, Mucuripe and Adelota towards the city beaches, then you are definately over 30 minutes at very very best maybe 40mins from an educated guess. The Parque Dourado is set much further back in land to the city than the already estabilished and middle class area of Eusebio. Eusebio takes 20 minutes to the main city areas when the main roads a quiet, but often 30 minutes. Again its not near the beach I ll say about 20minutes at best to around Dunas/Aquiras beach being the nearest. As for safety in that area, I dont know, I havent been to this perticular area but I can ask around for you, but it is something else that you need bear in mind.

Permission for build can also be misleading, developers can often say this and be telling you the truth but with out giving you the full truth, developers need alot more than a simple town hall permission believe me! sometimes certain licences can take many years, especially if they are problems with land documentations which is often the case.

As for the price, 360M2 is a very small plot and in a undeveloped area £10,000 is alot of money, you can get that in Eusebio if you are looking for real growing Brazilian middle class residential areas, and Eusebio is already developed, growing, and nearer to all things. You can even get beach front for a little more £££s and more distance to Fortaleza, but in some great areas with infrastructure close by and amazing beauty all around.

I m not trying to scare you off, Brazil can be a fantastic investment, I m just trying to correct some sales exagerration and with Brazilian states being so big and diverse that choosing your investment area is so important to get the better investments. Parque Dourado may well come off to be decent investment area in the future, but what are the chances you need to think about. Investing is much about risk assessing. Yes your only talking about £10K here or so but investments terms were are talking about potentially much more of a differance so it is very much worth spending a grand or so on 2 or 3 week s out here, visit Joao Pessoa if thats also an interest (I actually know an English Lady who has lived there most of her life who works in real estate who can help you also) talk to Michael about things in Natal and certainly visit Fortaleza, you ll love it, and always best to compare places to get the real picture of things.

Regards
Paul

R

rkinvestor

Hi Paul,
Is there any plot available in Eusebio for investment purposes? If there is then let me know. I am also doing some research on Palma do Mar project in Joao Pessoa and looking into it.
You can give me your personal contact and we can chat more about this if you don't mind

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Paul,
Is there any plot available in Eusebio for investment purposes? If there is then let me know. I am also doing some research on Palma do Mar project in Joao Pessoa and looking into it.
You can give me your personal contact and we can chat more about this if you don't mind
Yes there is a plot next to the plot where we are building a 4 bed house currently, its a good size at 1000M2 going for about R$70,000 - R$80,000 cant remember the exact, and the plot already has a wall built around it which is worth a few thousand R$.

Yes I ll send you my contact details
Regards
Paul

F

fiege1224

taiba

I m afraid that Michael is correct, many of these so called developers who advertise in this way 'promise to build a development to up your value of land' in reality often never happens, either had never had the intention or cant and underestimate the difficulties of gaining the required licences for development of any resonable size.

Where exactly in Ceara is this project? what is the size of land and price? I have not heard of this project myself but I m sure many of my contacts here in Fortaleza will know something about it. I work for a construction company here in Fortaleza, currently building 2 houses, one in Eusebio and another in Taiba, also we are currently working though the licences for another large development in Morro Branco which we will be building when all gained.
Always much better to come here yourself before making a purchase, I can put you intouch with local on the ground agents here as we use many ourselfs if your looking for land here, and maybe be able to help you with construction.
Regards
Paul
Hi paul. My name is Steve. We talked before about me buying in Taiba. I bought a unit at Taiba gardens 2 last year. I see you work in Taiba now. Could you tell me how the complex is coming along? Thanks Steve

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi paul. My name is Steve. We talked before about me buying in Taiba. I bought a unit at Taiba gardens 2 last year. I see you work in Taiba now. Could you tell me how the complex is coming along? Thanks Steve
Yes we are just about to start a Villa construction there. Yes its coming along ok, all the exterior is up, working within the building. I m next up in Taiba probably on friday now so will take another look and take some pics if you like. Have you been to Taiba before? I think this is due for completion at around Oct? Ill guess that it may finish a little later but could be wrong i will check. Most development are a little late finishing anyway, these builders certainly dont work quick and with the heat n all! That aside the developers Sandgardens are doing well, and have much more in planning and other projects currently on go, so are keen to keep their reputations increasing. They have just finished their first development in Tabuba. Taiba itself is coming along too, I know of a couple more developments that are working on their licences there. So I think your investment should work out ok.

Regards
Paul

F

fiege1224

taiba

Yes we are just about to start a Villa construction there. Yes its coming along ok, all the exterior is up, working within the building. I m next up in Taiba probably on friday now so will take another look and take some pics if you like. Have you been to Taiba before? I think this is due for completion at around Oct? Ill guess that it may finish a little later but could be wrong i will check. Most development are a little late finishing anyway, these builders certainly dont work quick and with the heat n all! That aside the developers Sandgardens are doing well, and have much more in planning and other projects currently on go, so are keen to keep their reputations increasing. They have just finished their first development in Tabuba. Taiba itself is coming along too, I know of a couple more developments that are working on their licences there. So I think your investment should work out ok.

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul. Thanks for the reply. Pictures would be great. I bought unit 105. It would be4 in from the street. Could you tell me if my units front door is in front of the stairs?I cant tell by on line pictures. I have never been to Taiba or Brazil. Hope to make it in december or January of next year.They tell me the complex should be done in December of this year. Its about 6 months late but thats normal. Do you know anyone that does kitchen cabinets for condos? Plus split ac for my unit? Thanks Steve

F

ferriej

Hi Paul,

do you have any idea what is happening with Banana Residential, its went oh so quiet. also is there any news on the proposed new golf course. only ask as i know you are round about that area. thanks

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Paul. Thanks for the reply. Pictures would be great. I bought unit 105. It would be4 in from the street. Could you tell me if my units front door is in front of the stairs?I cant tell by on line pictures. I have never been to Taiba or Brazil. Hope to make it in december or January of next year.They tell me the complex should be done in December of this year. Its about 6 months late but thats normal. Do you know anyone that does kitchen cabinets for condos? Plus split ac for my unit? Thanks Steve
Hi Steve,
Yes I ll let you know after I have been up there next, due up next day or two, I ll suss out your apt and take the pics, I normally have my camera with me anyway.

Yes we use a local kitchen fit company. We will actually be using them to fit two apts on the Tabuba residence, which is pretty much the same design to your Taiba Gardens. As soon as one is all installed (should be next week) I will take the pics and show you the prices to see if you want me to do the same for your place when ready, and also so I can check out their quality myself.

I ll catch you again soon
Regards
Paul

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Paul,

do you have any idea what is happening with Banana Residential, its went oh so quiet. also is there any news on the proposed new golf course. only ask as i know you are round about that area. thanks
There s definately no construction going on there at the moment from when I have passed, but I dont know why, I havent really had time to stop by there, I ve only been back in Fortaleza for 2 weeks (although I am here permanetly now) so Im still playing catch up with all around. I will soon find out though for you what the hell is going on with this one, I m interested myself as a year and more so I looked into this development myself.

Regards
Paul

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
There s definately no construction going on there at the moment from when I have passed, but I dont know why, I havent really had time to stop by there, I ve only been back in Fortaleza for 2 weeks (although I am here permanetly now) so Im still playing catch up with all around. I will soon find out though for you what the hell is going on with this one, I m interested myself as a year and more so I looked into this development myself.

Regards
Paul
I didn't see any action when I drove past last month and I would have had a closer look but I was in a hurry to see a development further along the coast before the sun went down so I can't be absolutely sure.

Regards,

F

fiege1224

taiba

Hi Steve,
Yes I ll let you know after I have been up there next, due up next day or two, I ll suss out your apt and take the pics, I normally have my camera with me anyway.

Yes we use a local kitchen fit company. We will actually be using them to fit two apts on the Tabuba residence, which is pretty much the same design to your Taiba Gardens. As soon as one is all installed (should be next week) I will take the pics and show you the prices to see if you want me to do the same for your place when ready, and also so I can check out their quality myself.

I ll catch you again soon
Regards
Paul
Thanks Paul. I'll look forward to the pictures ect. Do you have air conditioning in your place? I would like a split unit type if you know anyone that does that type of work? Till later Steve.

P

PAUL-brasil

Sorry Steve, I forgot about the air con Qs. Personnally in my villa no I dont have air con, I have fans instead and with my place being a beach villa a quite big and 'open ventilated' not too much for the need I find. With Tabuba residence the developer installed the pipe work in the walls in each room as standard to enable the easy fit for a split system so I very much assume the same for Taiba Gardens, again I ll double check. This of cause makes all so much easier and prevents people from buying the noisey and less efficient back to back type ac units.

You can buy the units in many typical stores with many offerring the service to fit. Also yes its something I maybe able to help you with. I havent yet needed to buy ac units in Brazil, but obviously I will be soon for the constructions we have so I can get back to you on that one.
Regards
Paul

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Steve, I was last up in Taiba on Saturday, I m sorry to say that things took longer than planned so about time I was free to go across to your development it was almost dark so then wasnt worth the check. I ll be there again in a few days so I ll definately catch the pictures for you then
Regards
Paul

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Paul,

I have still being trying to find out more about this for you, all I m still hearing on the ground are nothing more than rumours at the moment. Mostly being that they a still struggling to gain clear documentation for the land, if this is the case then they are along way off from even gaining ALL the licences, to advertise and sell projects without all licences is quite normal as long as guarrentees are there, but without clear documention is another thing and very naughty. Bear in mind I can only call this rumours at present, and even if this was the case, after gaining clear docs, if they have the good contections to gain licences and the project was already town hall pre approved (which I guess it was) then things can soon progress. The worst case senario is if land ownerships have to go through the courts (which is another rumour) as this can be very time consuming.

Another rumour and hopefully the true one, is that they are simply still awaiting for Enviromental licences, again without good connections this can take a along time in many cases, (especially with large projects). If the developer, which are Spanish in this case, are new to developing in Brazil, they probably just totally underestimated difficulties and time scales that can occur here.

Which company did you did buy from, are they still trying to sell the project? What are they telling you?

I will let you know when I hear or see anything more concrete.

Regards

Paul

F

ferriej

Hi Paul, many thanks for taking the time to look into this, very much appreciated.

i reserved through property showrooms over a year ago and they are telling me things will take off shortly.

im actually in a bit of a dilemma with this as i reserved at the initial price of 75000 euros and they are advertised at 115000. So if it comes off i could be sitting on a nice profit. However i cant wait for ever. I paid 1000 euros reservation and would probably lose this if i pulled out along with POA fees.

Paul could you also tell me how much prices are rising in the area and has the proposed new golf course began construction

Thanks

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Paul, many thanks for taking the time to look into this, very much appreciated.

i reserved through property showrooms over a year ago and they are telling me things will take off shortly.

im actually in a bit of a dilemma with this as i reserved at the initial price of 75000 euros and they are advertised at 115000. So if it comes off i could be sitting on a nice profit. However i cant wait for ever. I paid 1000 euros reservation and would probably lose this if i pulled out along with POA fees.

Paul could you also tell me how much prices are rising in the area and has the proposed new golf course began construction

Thanks
When I get chance or rather if I remember early in the day enough I will connact property showrooms and try suss out if they actually know them selfs whats happening with the project, or in infact know anything at all about developing in brazil.

The 'proposed new golf course' has not started construction, does not even have any licences of the licences needed to build it yet, they have been trying for a couple of years already, and i will be suprised if it ever gets permission to build it, not on the proposed land anyway as it was on sand dunes!

In Cumbuco it self, I dont really think property prices are growing a great deal at the very present, I personnally think it has reached a peak for a while, until other areas catch up, to an extent. Because Cumbuco became popular a few years ago now and prices there rose very quickly (especially with international agents driving the prices up too fast) I d guess that its hit a halt for a while, and also with the fact that Cumbuco is very much a gringo market with the ever strenghening R$, this will slow the market more for a town like Cumbuco.

Regards
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.