update on hurghada village

N

nubianqueen

hi everyone this is my first thread i am from london and have purchased an apartment in hurghada village wow!

can anyone tell me how the hurghada village development is going?

many thanks

nubian queen

L

Lsab

Hi

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new property. We have a thread that covers Hurghada Village: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/8416-hurgharda-village-4.html. Once you've had a chance to read this post I'll move you over to that thread!!

Meantime if you have any problems finding your way around the forum please feel free to ask one of us moderators - myself or Alison (queeenie40something).

Great to have you with us
Best wishes
Linda

N

nubianqueen

thank you linda im almost as excited to receive a reply as I am on purchasing an apartment in Egypt and from bahrain too!! never done either of these things before, going on line or purchasing a property so excited and thanks for welcoming me.

nubian queen

N

nubianqueen

dont know where i put the last post about hurghada so here goes again! sigma sent email to say that hurghada village should be ready soon, finishing off and snagging. i am looking to going in september, but maybe it will be ready before then, sigma will send updates every friday about the village, it will "soon come" inshalla.

nubian queen

N

nubianqueen

hi linda

just trawling and wondered what the yellow star means by my name!

nubian queen

L

Lsab

Hi, how are you? The yellow star just means that you are an active member and can now send and receive personal messages.

After reading your post about not remembering where you put your last post on Hurghada, I thought you might be interested in how to find all the posts that you've made. If you click on your name, a drop down menu appears. Click on ' Find all posts by nubianqueen' - and they'll all appear! There's lots on interesting bits and bobs on the forum. For instance you can see who's online at the moment by looking at the bottom of the forum page and you can see what any member is viewing by clicking on their name!

Any problems, give me a shout
-x-

N

nubianqueen

shokran and shining star!

:)as you can see i am learning all the time and thanks for your help about the star symbol.

nubian queen

sundaygirl

sundaygirl

Im so sorry, Linda, You may want to have a look at a couple of other threads as I have popped some bits up elsewhere. Sorry again.

Whom Should I contact about doing it the right way?

N

nubianqueen

have you seen them! pictures

:):):):):):):):):)

hi hurghadian villagers

have you seen the latest pictures from sigma property, its coming, i get a sense that not everyone will be pleased cos they want it now!

but isnt the pool a nice shape and whats that other pool is it a? whats that name? perhaps someone can remind me, i have forgotten.

can you see your apartment mines somewhere on the top, ooooh im so excited!

:Dnubianqueen

L

Lsab

Im so sorry, Linda, You may want to have a look at a couple of other threads as I have popped some bits up elsewhere. Sorry again.

Whom Should I contact about doing it the right way?
Hi sundaygirl, I've been having problems with the internet for almost a week so haven't managed to reply to your post. Let me know if you still need the info.

Best wishes
Linda

B

bigdave

Hi All,

My wife and I have an apartment at the Hurghada village and Sigma have gone REALLY quite on it lately!
Luckily the company who are doing our interiors are based out there and are keeping an eye on it for us.
They have been really helpful through the whole process and at the moment they reckon that it wont be fully operational till Jan next year!
The company we are using is called Rococo Boutique. and they have done the whole flat for us for under 4 grand.

N

nubianqueen

hi bigdave

shokran for your message and when you say that it wont be fully operational till january, i guess that means the whole project, i presume you dont mean the whole of the apartment block itself, i have booked to to go out anyway at the end of september, so i am going to look myself and hopefully get into my apartment to look at it and measure up. be grateful if you could clarify what you mean by fully operational!!

nubianqueen

B

bigdave

Sorry, yeah I mean FULLY operational, as in shops, pool etc etc.
I dont think its gonna be ready to start renting out our places till at least then. It wouldn't look very good for the holiday makers if the whole building wasn't fully up and running.
But I guess we cant complain. Its come in quicker than most places in Hurghada. Or so I hear.

Post sundaygirl . She is the English lady who runs a Furniture company here. She is already doing ours and a couple other projects at the village. She updates us loads and sends us pics all the time. She has even been in and seen the flats. She knows the finish, measurements, everything!

hope this helps!

We should be out there end of Sept too, we should go for a beer at the Winking Frog!

W

wellheld

Sorry, yeah I mean FULLY operational, as in shops, pool etc etc.
I dont think its gonna be ready to start renting out our places till at least then. It wouldn't look very good for the holiday makers if the whole building wasn't fully up and running.
But I guess we cant complain. Its come in quicker than most places in Hurghada. Or so I hear.

Post sundaygirl . She is the English lady who runs a Furniture company here. She is already doing ours and a couple other projects at the village. She updates us loads and sends us pics all the time. She has even been in and seen the flats. She knows the finish, measurements, everything!

hope this helps!

We should be out there end of Sept too, we should go for a beer at the Winking Frog!
What/where is the Winking Frog? Good beer? Anyone invited????? Helen

D

dave99

Pics from 5th Sept

hi bigdave

shokran for your message and when you say that it wont be fully operational till january, i guess that means the whole project, i presume you dont mean the whole of the apartment block itself, i have booked to to go out anyway at the end of september, so i am going to look myself and hopefully get into my apartment to look at it and measure up. be grateful if you could clarify what you mean by fully operational!!

nubianqueen
Pics from 5th Sept - just before I came home yesterday.

Still lots to do, but looking good from outside
- no sign of that petrol station being closed down
- view of the main road at the side with airport in the background.

Note that it's only the bottom section that is totally unfinished, this is very common when they are going to be shops, but I do not see much potential for that in this location, so maybe the space is for something else.

Attachments

N

nubianqueen

shokran dave

:)for your pictures and message, i have been sick and out of action for a while, much better now! though the news about xl and the possibility of further charter companies going down along with the fact that hurghada village wont be ready when i go at the end of september, could give me further palpitations. but i feel you will have some wise words for me!

hmm the pictures, is that petrol station going to go or not what do you think??

also this development is going to be walled but how far away is it from the road that i see in the picture?

what really are the views dave, any good, will i be able to see the mountains, desert and the moonlight from my rooftop, what do you think? anyway thank you for those pictures, i have not had a taste to look at the hurghada forum until tonight and what a nice surprise, hope everything went well for you dave, wish i could afford your apartments too broke!

nubianqueen:cool:

D

dave99

Nice to know feeling well again

:)for your pictures and message, i have been sick and out of action for a while, much better now! though the news about xl and the possibility of further charter companies going down along with the fact that hurghada village wont be ready when i go at the end of september, could give me further palpitations. but i feel you will have some wise words for me!

hmm the pictures, is that petrol station going to go or not what do you think??

also this development is going to be walled but how far away is it from the road that i see in the picture?

what really are the views dave, any good, will i be able to see the mountains, desert and the moonlight from my rooftop, what do you think? anyway thank you for those pictures, i have not had a taste to look at the hurghada forum until tonight and what a nice surprise, hope everything went well for you dave, wish i could afford your apartments too broke!

Sorry to here that you cannot stay in your own apartment - have you booked anything yet - still chance to book an apartment through the forum if that helps.

I'm afraid to say that the apartments facing the road at really very close - the strip down the edge of the building next to the road is 2 to 3 metres wide.

If the Petrol station is going, there is no sign of it yet - very busy when I passed by (it's the same at all petrol stations in Hurghada though - there aren't that many).

The view on the sea facing side may be Ok I did not get inside to look.

There is quite a large area on land on the same triangle as the current building which may also belong to HV which may also get built on - possibly only at a low level.

Lots or work going on around the pool area and on the exterior - no idea about inside. Nothing happening in the space left for what I assume to be shop units at the bottom.

N

nubianqueen

still excited

shokran dave:)

those pictures are lovely, they are going to be forwarded all over the world to friends and family! hey, ive lived in africa before, always noise and i know how noisy egypt can be, it will be o.k. inshalla. its interesting to hear what you said, always open about the information you have to share, lets see how i feel about it when i go at the end of september, i will visit and hopefully get inside the construction. i go to luxor i have friends there and hopefully hurghada and aswan, i have to turn this holiday around. you know what, seeing the people at the airport on the news tonight some crying, well i know i am a lucky girl!

once again shokran dave and i am still so excited!