Is the property market in Turkey slowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

geb73

Hi all,
We have decided we would like to purchase a property in Turkey.
Is there anyone that has first hand knowledge that can recommend credible estate agents and solicitors who are extremely good to work with and will guide us through the process. I have read too many horror stories of people getting ripped off by unscrupulous agents/builders. What we are looking for is an apartment to be used purely as an investment, taking advantage of capital growth and rental income. As yet we have no plans to move out there. I would also welcome suggestions on best area/s to invest in. Having researched Dubai as a possible location I feel Turkey has more to offer and is a 'safer' bet long term. I may of course be wrong. Any useful website suggestions would be welcome also. I don?t want to go plundering into anything without doing a great deal of research and hearing from people who have experienced the process first hand.
Bye
Lane
tread with caution.
fuel prices etc is killing some resorts, i can only speak of didim. the last two seasons are getting quieter, bars for sale in mid season, shops closed.tourist numbers down sharply,
as for buying to rent,figure not known but say 10,000 empty properties
i personally know of apt blocks built 4 years ago have hardly had a viewer
a 2 bed apt may fetch £25 week long term.
electricity up 22%.for a small town there are over 800 estate agents,
robberies are increasing.air fares are up. and will stay up for good,

advice, research
ps. i bought 6 years ago, so i know a little
geb73

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

Hi geb73,
Well I disagree with a few things you quote. Prices have gone up and not so much selling. We bought 5 years ago and live here so I have a bit of knowledge as well. Our apartment block is full from May-September with rental income up
to £350 a week Hisaronu village is buzzing and Ouldeniz so what part of Turkey do you live in. :rolleyes:

TH4S

TH4S

.geb73, i can only speak of didim.
tylerbabe,İ am sure geb73 said,

He can only speak of Didem, He bought 6 years ago, so He knows a little,

G

geb73

altinkum

Hi geb73,
Well I disagree with a few things you quote. Prices have gone up and not so much selling. We bought 5 years ago and live here so I have a bit of knowledge as well. Our apartment block is full from May-September with rental income up
to £350 a week Hisaronu village is buzzing and Ouldeniz so what part of Turkey do you live in. :rolleyes:
altinkum didim i have a very large 5 bed duplez i et to eople i know for £100 week
never known bars for sale in mid season ,shoope closed all over

P

paul-steve

£25 apartments £100 villas, tell them to contact me we can rent these out all day, stop posting rubbish and tell your "friends" to get the marketing right if they want to rent,
Quote "flights are going up" they are going up everywhere not just Turkey

TH4S

TH4S

paul-steve, geb aready said, He knows a little,:confused:

Ask me, I heard there is no water in some parts of Didem, :rolleyes:

G

geb73

£25 apartments £100 villas, tell them to contact me we can rent these out all day, stop posting rubbish and tell your "friends" to get the marketing right if they want to rent,
Quote "flights are going up" they are going up everywhere not just Turkey

thanks for your insults.i have friends who are renting 2 bed apts for £100-00 a month, my 5 bed duplex is rented 2 weeks in august for £100-00 week for two couples total £200-00 10-000 ++ empty unsold apts villas duplexes triplexes.
just engage your brain before you call facts rubbish, i live in altinkum didim 1 hr from bodrum airport,

ps. a large detached villa in albuk few 100 mts from sea £80-000

G

geb73

I have recently bought in Akbuk, it is a stunningly beautiful area and in my opinion a good investment location.

i love akbuk too
i could look at the bay all day.
plus the cleanest air in europe
good luck

P

paul-steve

thanks for your insults
It's a pleasure, can i remind you that selling property is hard enough at the moment without people like you slagging off country.
I really don't care what your friends are getting for rentals what i said was they need to get their marketing right and charge more, please don't say you can't get any more than that because we do!
as for unsold properties, maybe you were asleep when they banned foreigners from buying in Turkey, we are very busy trying to get the market going again.

TH4S

TH4S

geb73 plus the cleanest air in europe
Since when was Turkiye in europe ...:confused:

Geb the only resort you are killing is Didem,

Please reply with caution,.before you bring Didem down any further,:D

G

geb73

half of turkey is in europe the other half is asia..

kiling didem. i love the place but i dont wear a blindfold

G

geb73

just stating facts
no more no less
any travel ins company etc classes turkey as being part in europe

TH4S

TH4S

geb half of turkey is in europe the other half is asia..
İ did say please reply with caution,

Here is a map of Türkiye,

State your facts, please show me what half of Türkiye is in Europe, and where is akbuk,? I can guarantte you one thing, it is not in europe, :rolleyes:

Please do not get me started about travel companies, they think Bodrum is only 5 minutes from Izmir,

Geb,is the water supply in akbuk back on yet,? I heard on the grapevine you have to go to the sea, is that why you are looking at the bay all day,...:D

G

geb73

İ did say please reply with caution,

Here is a map of Türkiye,

State your facts, please show me what half of Türkiye is in Europe, and where is akbuk,? I can guarantte you one thing, it is not in europe, :rolleyes:

Please do not get me started about travel companies, they think Bodrum is only 5 minutes from Izmir,

Geb,is the water supply in akbuk back on yet,? I heard on the grapevine you have to go to the sea, is that why you are looking at the bay all day,...:D
fhouros

you dont show the Bosporus sea it separates Europe from turkey.
and don't get so wound up,

he reason people like akbuk is the view /bay, you ever been there????
water off 2 hour's max but myself i have two tanks one very big reserve,
Izmir to akbuk. close to 2 hours.
any more silly observations don't hesitate to ask.
the chuckle brothers are quiet.

TH4S

TH4S

Have i ever been to akbuk before ,??:confused:

Yes i only live up the road, did nobody tell you, you need to take your blinkers off.

water off 2 hour's max . my ass it was off 3 days,

I am sure you dont read akbuk related forums,:rolleyes:

Hi has anybody else in akbuk no water,

In this blazing heat we have now been without cold water since Saturday.

I must say its getting a bit stupid.

No water to flush your toilet collecting sea water to flush the loo).No water to shower.no water to wash clothes,and no water to do the washing up.!!!!!!

Deli Adam .. Don't get so wound up, you still have not told me, what half of Turkiye is in Europe, .. :D

P

paul-steve

you dont show the Bosporus sea it separates Europe from turkey.
and don't get so wound up,
We've got somebody here who doesn't know where he lives, one minute he's in europe the next he is seperated from europe
DOH must go back to skool

P

paul-steve

I best tell my friends wife she lives in europe, oh oh i feel a war coming on telling a turk they live in europe, why is it all the brits think they know everything about a country that they are a guest in

TH4S

TH4S

We've got somebody here who doesn't know where he lives,

İt's not having any water... :rolleyes:

Becarefull he as got two tank's, one very big one in reserve, :D

P

paul-steve

cracking thread by the way, after a week of only selling 4 properties and renting 8 it's really cheered me up

Status
Not open for further replies.