Suspension of Title Deeds in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig Clark

Could anyone please provide me woth more information regarding the Turkish Governments suspension of transfering title deeds to foriegn nationals.

K

karenfletcher10

Ban on foreigners buying in Turkey

Hello, I'm a new member, just checking internet re tapu in Turkey because I've been waiting for almost 3 years to buy my property and get tapu, and I found this forum, which looks useful. Does anyone have an update on this situation in Turkey and any idea of when the ban will be lifted?
Regards
Karen

TH4S

TH4S

Side effects of an undelivered tapu

If you do not have the tapu because the authorities have refused to issue a tapu for the house, then the property may not be deemed residential. Consequently you may not have a building usage permit or habitation certificate. Maybe I should explain. What is a habitation certificate? A habitation certificate is a kind of document serving as a building usage permit. The habitation certificate gives certain details of the property which indicate if the property has been constructed in accordance with regulations and the construction is duly completed and also if the property is suitable for living in, etc.

First side effect of not having a habitation certificate

karenfletcher see this news article .Side effects of an undelivered tapu

K

karenfletcher10

Suspension of tapu for foreigners buying in Turkey

Thanks to those of you who replied and gave me advice. Sorry I didn't reply to you personally but I'm new to using these forums and just about managing to navigate and press the right buttons to reply!
The other residents (it's a small complex of 10 properties, some villas, some duplex, mines a duplex) are Turkish and do have their tapu. My estate agents tell me that the builder has the tapu for mine in his own name, and although I paid for my property £44k almost 3 years ago, the estate agents told me the builder wanted another £500 for him to transfer the tapu to my name. 3 weeks I paid them this plus taxes and fee for reconnecting water and electric into my name (as this was recently cut off as it was in the land owners name). I thought I was then going to go to the belediye and get the tapu in my name, but my estate agents told me there would be a delay of approx 10 days as they were waiting for some government papers (they didn't tell me the tapu was closed for foreigners). I do find the situation confusing and don't know who to trust regarding my property issues. So once again thanks for the advice.
Regards
Karen

D

debbie60

karen,

my husband turkish, he is sorry to hear about your apartment if they ask you for more money dont pay you should have had your Tapu a long time ago? I bought my apartment 5 years ago and got my Tapu within 6 months. Something isnt right.

K

karenfletcher10

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for replying, I'm afraid I've just gone and given them even more money 3 weeks ago when I was in Turgutreis because I thought if I give the builder the £500 he wants I will then be able to get my tapu. I also paid taxes and water and electric reconnection amounting to approx £1400. They did not tell me about suspension of tapu at that point. I think all I can do now is wait for tapu susension to be lifted and demand my tapu.
Karen

D

debbie60

To KAREN

Hi,

Usually electric and water can only be connected in your name when there is a TAPU because you have to provide evidence of ownership to have them in your name ? i had to provide TAPU and passport to get them in my name as before they where in the complex owners name. You need to check that the builder has all the right permissions for the build in place as this is probably what has delayed him getting the TAPU for you earlier. And now it is affected by the law. My sister in law is turkish and they bought a apartment that had no electric for months because there was something wrong with the build. The ground floor apartment shouldnt have been built ? supposed to be a space for storage and electric etc. They have no water or electric nearly one yr and still trying to resolve. So this happens to Turkish people as well.

TH4S

TH4S

You need to check that the builder has all the right permissions for the build in place as this is probably what has delayed him getting the TAPU for you earlier.
Debbie I really hope some people take note of your comments,;)

O

onsevim

FLASH NEWS.... Suspension has finished....

FLASH NEWS.... FLASH NEWS.... FLASH NEWS....

Suspension has finished....

Recently a new law passed through Turkish Parliment...

All foreign people can apply/obtain for TAPU (title deeds) now....

ONSA-PROPERTY - property in Turkey

Y

Yogi

FLASH NEWS.... FLASH NEWS.... FLASH NEWS....

Suspension has finished....

Recently a new law passed through Turkish Parliment...

All foreign people can apply/obtain for TAPU (title deeds) now....

ONSA-PROPERTY - property in Turkey
Great news - do you have a source, where people can verify this?

O

onsevim

a new law passed through Turkish Parliment... NTV MSNBC

Great news - do you have a source, where people can verify this?

Yes I have but unfortunately only in Turkish news related websites. One of the sources is NTV MSNBC. I can not give the url at the moment as I am new on this forum. I will give it later...

ONSA-PROPERTY

O

onsevim

Yes I have but unfortunately only in Turkish news related websites. One of the sources is NTV MSNBC. I can not give the url at the moment as I am new on this forum. I will give it later...

ONSA-PROPERTY
I think I have to post minimum 5 posts and become an active member before give a link

TH4S

TH4S

Very observant paul-steve, it is old news ;) calm before the storm,

P

paul-steve

I can read Turkish LOL, er don't they break up soon for 2 or 3 months?

TH4S

TH4S

paul-steve .. Yet again very observant . You must know a lot about Turkiye .

K

karenfletcher10

So my excitement was short-lived???!! Thought my luck was in just before I go back to Turkey, but too good to be true!
But hey folks keep me posted.
Thanks
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.