Resale vs new launch - what makes more sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kk1974

kk1974

To me it seems now that all the new launches are more expensive then resale units, and very often much more expensive. What I the advantage of buying new stock, even at a prelaunch, when there will be a lot of old stock underselling you? The only advantage I see is a fresh payment plan, which will enable you to enter with less cash. But at the other hand, the exit route is more uncertain and prolonged.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

R

Roshan

To me it seems now that all the new launches are more expensive then resale units, and very often much more expensive. What I the advantage of buying new stock, even at a prelaunch, when there will be a lot of old stock underselling you? The only advantage I see is a fresh payment plan, which will enable you to enter with less cash. But at the other hand, the exit route is more uncertain and prolonged.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.
If I had the money, I would take the secondary market route as better prices are available there.

It might not be a distress sale. It could just be an investor with an early exit strategy.

Today's pre launches are very high and do not make sense. What happens if there is a correction on what you bought.

Buying at such high prices is a pure gamble and in the event of a correction - OR - forced to hold, you should have the standing capacity. Fresh payment plans do not go your way always, and even if it does, the installments are higher.

Fantastic deals are still available in the secondary market. The problem is we have to search. You analyse 10 deals, you might get that one WOW deal.

Regards

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.