Best time to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wannaberich

Anyone have an opinion on the best time to sell a unit?
Is it when the premium hasnt gone up too much so the buyer thinks he can still make good profits on the price going up during construction?
Is it close to completion so the buyer knows he will have a finished product soon to live in or to rent?
Is it on completion?

really_true

really_true

Greed my friend Knows no bOunds -- endless - set ur own targets - limit your greed :)

P

petelles12

If I would have 1 Bed, I would seriously think to sell it while Discovery Gardens is approaching. Probably market will also absorb it but no need to take further risk while hot profit is waiting.

For 2 Beds, I would say absolutely wait. City is growing 6-8 % and there is nothing seriously coming the next 4-5 months in 2 Beds. It will still go up. Links/Fairways are good options now.

I am personally waiting November-December to sell my 2 Bed gem before Sports City/Lake Towers are approaching.

W

Wannaberich

If I would have 1 Bed, I would seriously think to sell it while Discovery Gardens is approaching. Probably market will also absorb it but no need to take further risk while hot profit is waiting.

City is growing 6-8 %
The trouble with selling while u can make good profits is what do u then do with the money?Buy somewhere else?Then u may as well have kept your 1 bed?
What do u mean city growing 6-8%?

P

petelles12

If you are a good analyst or if you can have a good/trustfull analyst friend; there are huge opportunities in the market for quick buy and sell. What you need is only some initial cash. Launches are bringing huge opportunties. Just last week, people who purchased from Bawadi earned around 10% in one day. Some people were expecting that so it is why 1000+ people waited in the queue.

An example; I am unable to send a link but just check from dubaihomesearch for Greens/Views; Fairways; 2 beds. You will see the first one; Landmark (2.1 million) . 15 % less than the average sqft. Buy it and put on sale from 2.5; quality is great; after handover (1 month); immediate sell. It is one example only. Every day these options are coming and going. There is common feeling in the market that the prices are all very well distrubuted which is extremely wrong. if you have cash and a good analyst, money is in there. These are all daily opportunities.

With 6 - 8 %; I meant the yearly increase in the population. Some are saying yearly 10 % which is absultely wrong.

W

Wannaberich

With 6 - 8 %; I meant the yearly increase in the population. Some are saying yearly 10 % which is absultely wrong.

My point is it is difficult to get accurate and official goverment figures.
I did read that in 2007 less work visas were issued than in 2006.Thats not good.
Also,regarding buying and selling units.Thats fine so long as you buy one day and then put your unit for sale the next day and are able to sell it.However,units in Dubai don't always sell that easily.Sometimes I see the same units on Better Homes website for weeks.

R

Roshan

Anyone have an opinion on the best time to sell a unit?
Is it when the premium hasnt gone up too much so the buyer thinks he can still make good profits on the price going up during construction?
Is it close to completion so the buyer knows he will have a finished product soon to live in or to rent?
Is it on completion?
Depends on your exit strategy. Using tangible assets sell better, which means on completion when someone can see, feel and sense.

My bet would be on completion.

REgards

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.