New member, i need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shields 1

Hi all, i am totally new to this forum and to the world of Bulgarian property, so i would like some advice, please.

my brother and i are loking to buy a property close to the beach, possibly with 2/3 bedrooms.

where are the nice beaches?
what are the prices like now?
can you recomend a good resale agent?

we don t mind if the property is not on the beach as long as its walkable( the price is more important than beach access)
we are thinking about the option of buying something that needs a bit of work as we are in the building trade, so a new bathroom, kitchen etc would not put us off.

i also understand that i have to set up a business in Bulgaria? is this a taboo subject on the forum? if not can you give me details of how this works.

i know i m very lazy, as most of these things have already been covered but i find the search options on this type of site very poor and they bring up a lot of stuff that does not relate to your query

many thanks in advance

D

David howe

Take your time, with the Sub prime effect in Ireland and the UK you are going to find a lot of UK & Irish looking to off load. Go visit with firm intention that you are not going to buy no matter what. Identify the area and wait for the opportunity. There will soon be many hard pressed UK & Irish investors willing to off load at under cost value.

E

Edward Briggs

I agree !!

I agree with David, excellent advice !! I think we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg. Hope not but I have a feeling.

D

David howe

Edward, I think your gut feeling is spot on, there will be good pickings to be had

I

Investy

You dont say if your looking to make a profit or if instead this is a life style aquisition.

If its profit you want I would say you almost certainly wont make any time youve paid interest on loans (or lost ionterest on savings in the bank),Tax, fees, costs, ongoing management, flights and so on.

I've been at this a few years and find making money harder now a days.
I would'nt bother at all with Bulgaria as the rent season is very short.

B

bgagent

Hi Shields1,
We've 2 bedroom apartments in Sunny beach, the area is lovely, the complex is just 5 minutes away from the beach, and fully furnished. We want to sell them as we can't rent them alone,plus we don't have the time to do it and the Developer's agent is not good to this job either. Thats the main reason we want to sell them now just a year after we bought them. The price is also very good. If you need more details I can emaild to you :)
regards

O

ovidiu

forget Bulgaria

Hi all, i am totally new to this forum and to the world of Bulgarian property, so i would like some advice, please.

my brother and i are loking to buy a property close to the beach, possibly with 2/3 bedrooms.

we don t mind if the property is not on the beach as long as its walkable( the price is more important than beach access)
we are thinking about the option of buying something that needs a bit of work as we are in the building trade, so a new bathroom, kitchen etc would not put us off.

i also understand that i have to set up a business in Bulgaria? is this a taboo subject on the forum? if not can you give me details of how this works.

i know i m very lazy, as most of these things have already been covered but i find the search options on this type of site very poor and they bring up a lot of stuff that does not relate to your query

many thanks in advance
hey,

Bulgaria is not safe man. I'm not talking about the investment, I'm talking about the people. They are dangerous. violent.
U should think more about Romania. Have somebody recomand you a company there to work with
take care

B

bgdream

Artment Purchase

Bulgaria is a great place and the people are not violent and dangerous. I totaly disagree with you. You can meen this kind of people everywhere, it is not only in Bulgaria. Bulgaria still have got lovely beaches and places to be seen. So do not give up your dream about Bulgaria.

I

Investy

Hi Shields1,
We've 2 bedroom apartments in Sunny beach, the area is lovely, the complex is just 5 minutes away from the beach, and fully furnished. We want to sell them as we can't rent them alone,plus we don't have the time to do it and the Developer's agent is not good to this job either. Thats the main reason we want to sell them now just a year after we bought them. The price is also very good. If you need more details I can emaild to you :)
regards

This is EXACTLY why I did'nt invest in Bulgaria.

If you want a long rent season an hassle free, Bulgaria does'nt seem to offer this.

P

pvostany

Varna is unexplored yet. Burgas is getting more and more popular We have bought in Vetren with bestbulgarianestates - stella Setting up of company is easy and costs 350 euros

many thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

D

DAVID-S

Algarve,
300 days on sun,low cost airlines ,year round tourism,best golf in Europe,
channel 4, 3rd best place to invest,2.30mins from Britain & Ireland,good infrastructure,friendly people,18% appreciation for the last 4 years,160km on beaches,plus investment is flooding in -Erikson,schumacher,mourinho,Figo,
Maddonna,Donald Trump,Arab consortiums,MGM studios,Oceanica bought 4 golf complexes,
All i can say do your research on any place before you buy.
Good luck.

B

Bansko MGM

Rent season Bulgaria

You dont say if your looking to make a profit or if instead this is a life style aquisition.

If its profit you want I would say you almost certainly wont make any time youve paid interest on loans (or lost ionterest on savings in the bank),Tax, fees, costs, ongoing management, flights and so on.

I've been at this a few years and find making money harder now a days.
I would'nt bother at all with Bulgaria as the rent season is very short.
Totally disagree with this post as it is very sweeping. I have lived in Bulgaria for a long time, and share a property company with my local partner.

Rental demands are being hit, and seasons are relatively short in areas like the 3 main sko resorts, and along the Black Sea coast.

However, I do fantastically well with my sales and rentals in Sofia, which if you know anything about the city, has no season.

Many of the properties we rent out for clients are on a mid to long term basis. Our long term rentals to the Business Park Sofia, and various Embassies are year round ........ 52 week's per year.

There are many people out there who are looking to make a sound investment, and as the market starts to change, are also looking at a lifestyle element. It is right to be cautious when making possibly 'life changing' decisions, but wrong to think this wonderful country revolves around low rental in short season resorts.

B

Bansko MGM

hey,

Bulgaria is not safe man. I'm not talking about the investment, I'm talking about the people. They are dangerous. violent.
U should think more about Romania. Have somebody recomand you a company there to work with
take care
Ovidiu,

That was a very silly post, and completely disrespectful to the Bulgarian people.

N

neustria

I might suggest Costa Rica. The country has coastlines on the Pacific and the Carribean, and since deals are negotiated in US dollars, you can also take advantage of the weak US dollar. The government is very stable, and all new construction must meet very strict criteria for environmental protection. Reports from the Dominical area say that there is an influx of Europeans now (especially Germans, French, and British) who are looking to invest there because their own markets offer little promise on the short to mid term. This market seems isolated from the woes besetting the other major areas.

Neustria

Last edited:
C

connection

investing in property anywhere in the world at the minute is a very dodgy business unless you know what you are doing. Everyone has gone mad lately investing their hard earned cash in something they know very little about and being totally taken in by greedy devious developers who care very little about ethics and seem to get away unbelievably outrageous advertising

jessicatam

jessicatam

I got the impression that the OP was looking for something for personal use, in which case the rent season wouldn't be an issue, although I do wonder why Bulgaria was chosen as the location if the OP is unsure of where the good beaches are, etc?

Are you just after a holiday home anywhere that is nice but affordable?

Status
Not open for further replies.