Plzzzzzzzzz dont mention the weather!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Im going to mention the weather. What a glorious day yesterday was. 22. Went horseracing and saw loads with very sore looking red backs and heads!

L

Lsab

Dust and sand

Hi Vix - I was thinking the same as you about the 'hamseen'!! It made me remember the first time I experienced a really bad one a few weeks after we arrived in Kuwait in 1991. They call it a 'taws' (not sure how to spell it in English). We'd decided to go for a drive and find our way around a bit. The weather was the usual - hot and flippin' sunny - clear as a bell... in one direction. When we looked behind us, from horizon to sky there was a wall of dark orange. I thought we'd go inside and sit it out, expecting it to clear after a few hours! Wrong!!! Three days later, and after being surrounded by swirling dust/sand (inside and out!!!) we were able to go for our drive! We never experienced again, one as bad as that, even in Riyadh. I now make sure to keep doors and windown closed and I look on them as a nice change :D

C

CMChris

Oh the joys and fickleness of British weather. All I need is a tape of waves lapping gently against the shore and I could imagine I'm back in Egypt. Sat in my comfy garden chair with just my dogs for company and the birds singing. Lovely way to top up my tan from a few weeks ago.

V

vix

'Hamseem'

Hi Vix - I was thinking the same as you about the 'hamseen'!! It made me remember the first time I experienced a really bad one a few weeks after we arrived in Kuwait in 1991. They call it a 'taws' (not sure how to spell it in English). We'd decided to go for a drive and find our way around a bit. The weather was the usual - hot and flippin' sunny - clear as a bell... in one direction. When we looked behind us, from horizon to sky there was a wall of dark orange. I thought we'd go inside and sit it out, expecting it to clear after a few hours! Wrong!!! Three days later, and after being surrounded by swirling dust/sand (inside and out!!!) we were able to go for our drive! We never experienced again, one as bad as that, even in Riyadh. I now make sure to keep doors and windown closed and I look on them as a nice change :D
My first one was in the Sinai in 1979. They're never as scary after the 1st one, nor do they seem so aggresive. Oh the memories :p