Orascoms CAPE CITADEL outside Sahl Hashhesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M Butler

Cape Citadel

Hi Margaret, So, what did you think of the development yesterday? Did you manage to get any pics or any other info? What are your thoughts of this project. Regards
Hi all,
Went to see it yesterday. No sales staff onsite!! I will have to talk to the guy in El Gouna sales office again.
The hotel itself looks fantastic but I would expect it to open at the end of June. Don't understand why it is only 4 plus stars. Marina is ready and natural swimming pool is beautiful. There is also a roof top swimming pool overlooking the marina. Really good beach.

I have photos but you will have to wait until I get back to Cairo to post them as I haven't got the cables with me. I will be back in Cairo on Saturday.

The only evidence of the apartments and villas so far is the tiered levels from the top to the bottom of the hill and what I would presume to be road/path access defined by palm trees. The apartments and villas will definitely all have sea views and are situated to the south of the hotel and right next door. There is another development to the south of that (only a road width away from where the villa/apartment site is. In the distance you can see what I presume to be Sal Hasheesh project itself so not far away and it looks as though there could be a road along the sea front.

I have been told that only phase 1 is being released at the moment and these properties are at the top of the hill, farthest away from the beach.

I will go and have another chat with the guy from Orascom.

cheers for now,
Margaret

M

M Butler

Jeremy's Boat

Its only a small Mastercraft 280, 28 feet. Philip is trying to sort me out a wet mooring but they are full at present.
Jeremy, give me a call. I already sent you my Egyptian mobile number. I don't know what a Mastercraft 280 boat is, but at 28 ft. it sound quite big.

The house we have bought is on the hill and it has a boat dock but I don't know if the water would be deep enough as I don't know anything about boats. You can have a chat with Neil, my hubby about it.

PS to all,

Where do you buy alcohol in Hurghada???????? We have been driving around here for 2 days now trying to find a shop called Drinkies which we KNOW is here but cannot find it!!! Please help if you can 'cause we have run out of wine.

Thanks,
Margaret

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Hi all,
Went to see it yesterday. No sales staff onsite!! I will have to talk to the guy in El Gouna sales office again.
The hotel itself looks fantastic but I would expect it to open at the end of June. Don't understand why it is only 4 plus stars. Marina is ready and natural swimming pool is beautiful. There is also a roof top swimming pool overlooking the marina. Really good beach.

I have photos but you will have to wait until I get back to Cairo to post them as I haven't got the cables with me. I will be back in Cairo on Saturday.

The only evidence of the apartments and villas so far is the tiered levels from the top to the bottom of the hill and what I would presume to be road/path access defined by palm trees. The apartments and villas will definitely all have sea views and are situated to the south of the hotel and right next door. There is another development to the south of that (only a road width away from where the villa/apartment site is. In the distance you can see what I presume to be Sal Hasheesh project itself so not far away and it looks as though there could be a road along the sea front.

I have been told that only phase 1 is being released at the moment and these properties are at the top of the hill, farthest away from the beach.

I will go and have another chat with the guy from Orascom.

cheers for now,
Margaret

Sounds good. You might be better speaking to the guys in Cairo as I expect the guys in Gouna are not in the loop. PM me if you want his contact details.

Look forward to seeing the photos.

Jeremy

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Margaret Drinkies is at 167 El Sheraton St El Hadaba tel 19330 for delivery

crombiestone

crombiestone

Where do you buy alcohol in Hurghada???????? We have been driving around here for 2 days now trying to find a shop called Drinkies which we KNOW is here but cannot find it!!! Please help if you can 'cause we have run out of wine.

Thanks,
Margaret
Hi Margaret

If you cant find anywhere in Hurghada you can get wine from El Mohandes supermarket in Tamr Henna square in El Gouna next to Arabesque restaurant just round from the real estate office.

M

M Butler

Thanks to all for info on the demon drink!!

We drove up and down El Sheraton Street for 2 days and then phoned Drinkies (Cairo based call centre) and they said that they did not have a shop in Hurghada. However, it is in the yellow pages????
As yet, have not come across Drinkies in El Gouna but have found wine and beer in some supermarkets. Anyone know if it is possible to buy Sheharazade wine direct from the winery in El Gouna? We are beginning to think that our freight from Cairo will consist of quite a few cases of wine!!!

Thanks again for your help,
Margaret.

M

M Butler

Sounds good. You might be better speaking to the guys in Cairo as I expect the guys in Gouna are not in the loop. PM me if you want his contact details.

Look forward to seeing the photos.

Jeremy
They do have info here on Cape Citadel. I have the name of the guy who appears to be dealing with it.

Margaret

M

M Butler

They do have info here on Cape Citadel. I have the name of the guy who appears to be dealing with it.

Margaret
Jeremy, Just found out that the guy I spoke to about Cape Citadel is in Cairo. I must just have been lucky that he was in El Gouna last weekend.
We are going to the Orascom Sunday or Monday so I will probably see him then.

RE: Boat. You can sail to our villa directly from the marina with no bridges. PM me if you want more info.

Margaret

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Jeremy, Just found out that the guy I spoke to about Cape Citadel is in Cairo. I must just have been lucky that he was in El Gouna last weekend.
We are going to the Orascom Sunday or Monday so I will probably see him then.

RE: Boat. You can sail to our villa directly from the marina with no bridges. PM me if you want more info.

Margaret

Hi Margaret Any chance you can up load the pictures from your visit to Cape Citadel so we can all take a peek. Excited to see them

best regards

jeremy

Georgina

Georgina

M Butler;48589 Anyone know if it is possible to buy Sheharazade wine direct from the winery in El Gouna? Margaret.[/QUOTE said:
Yes it was. Guess it still is possible. I did a tour and sampled everything :)

Or there is a place in Bustan that sells alcohol much cheaper than the mini markets in El Gouna. Or call 19131 and they delivery to your door. They are called 'Cheers'. Shirazade was LE36 per bottle.

M

M Butler

Yes it was. Guess it still is possible. I did a tour and sampled everything :)

Or there is a place in Bustan that sells alcohol much cheaper than the mini markets in El Gouna. Or call 19131 and they delivery to your door. They are called 'Cheers'. Shirazade was LE36 per bottle.
Thanks Georgina,
Great news. I will try it out next week when we are back in El Gouna.

I can't load the photos of Cape Citadel yet as they are too big. I will have to play about with them in IPhoto first. Please bear with me I am a novice with digital photography.

cheers,
Margaret

M

M Butler

Cape Citadel Photographs First 10

Here are some photos taken last week at Cape Citadel not in any particular order as this is the first time I have done this and I am amazed it is working!!

1. Natural swimming pool, I think off the marina.
2. Hotel from marina.
3. View of rooms in hotel. Not sure what is underneath. Interesting caverns that go under the hotel but are man made. No idea what they could be for.
4. Entrance road.
5. The amphitheatre not far off completion.
6. View of the beach which is very nice.
7. Hotel rooms.
8. Marina from reception.
9. Marina and rooftop swimming pool from terrace at main reception.
10. Looking back up entrance road.

More to come shortly.

Margaret

Attachments

O

Organics1

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thanks Margaret.

That looks absolutely amazing. I was waiting to get more information about the Ancient Sands development before making a decision but I don't know now. I doubt you will find another development coming anywhere near this in terms of aesthetics. Do you know if the apartments will be built in the same style?

Also can I ask where exactly will the apartments be built. When I look at the location on google earth I see some tiered land behind the hotel and to the right of it?

Thanks again.

M

M Butler

More Cape Citadel Photographs

Hope you are not too bored by now!!! Loading these takes ages. :D

1. Caverns underneath the hotel!!
2. View of beach from hotel rooms.
3. Hotel from villa and apartment site.
4. Site for villas and apartments stepping down in levels to the beach.
5. Construction work in progress on next site. Not Orascom. In the far distance I think you can see the northern most part of Sahl Hasheesh, emphasis on think!! This is the best my camera can do.
6. The site next door. The wall on the left looks like the end of the Cape Citadel villas/apartments.
7. Tiered levels for villas and apartments.
8. Same again.

Enjoy,
Margaret

Attachments

M

M Butler

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thanks Margaret.

That looks absolutely amazing. I was waiting to get more information about the Ancient Sands development before making a decision but I don't know now. I doubt you will find another development coming anywhere near this in terms of aesthetics. Do you know if the apartments will be built in the same style?

Also can I ask where exactly will the apartments be built. When I look at the location on google earth I see some tiered land behind the hotel and to the right of it?

Thanks again.
That's right. The villas and apartments are to the back and right and if I remember correctly from the graphics from Orascom, they will be in the same style.

Margaret

L

Lsab

Superb photos Margaret, thanks for posting them. The place looks absolutely stunning.

M

M Butler

Superb photos Margaret, thanks for posting them. The place looks absolutely stunning.
You're welcome. It is stunning and remember that all the apartments and villas come completely furnished ready to go.

Margaret

O

Organics1

You're welcome. It is stunning and remember that all the apartments and villas come completely furnished ready to go.

Margaret
Is that right? I was led to believe that if you reserved by the end of may you would get a furniture pack (without linen) and that's it. kitchen equipment and Air con would be extra. Have you been told different?

Status
Not open for further replies.