Rain,rain,go away............

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Banned
I have to say it does not stop raining in Natal these days.Infact the whole of the supermarket is flooded today.I left my wellies at home and am amazed at the rainfall this year and I need my wellies!Of course we need it but everything kind of breaks down,traffic lights,computers,lights flicker on and off ,the cities slow anyway,but it just stops dead.The poor tourists have no choice but to stay in the hotel or get wet or go out to eat and thats it.Where are the great coffee shops and much needed good bars?Where can you sit and have a cake served on a ceramic plate with a cake fork instead of a plastic plate and plastic fork and watch the rain with some great music in the background(not Natal)These are the times I miss home and all the great comforts in life.Sipping a good wine in Cafe Boheme,listening to Bossa Nova and eating wriggly pomme frites with garlic mayo!

M

michaelbush

I have to say it does not stop raining in Natal these days.
Is it so unusual for it to rain in the rainy season? We are after all only 5° below the equator which makes it an equatorial climate. Saturday was fine, rained at night, Sunday has rained most of the day, but the temperature was around 25°C. Iy is likely to rain most days for the next 3 months. However Natal enjoys a micro climate, that means it gets to miss some of the rain which is why it is called the City of the Sun. I have never seen anyone here with wellies! Guess Dotty would be happier in the south!!

D

Dotty

Banned
Micheal you may not be aware but we have had more rain this year than usual which is causing chaos because of the lack of infrasrtucture in place. All the drains are blocking up and creating a bad stench .I do know Brasil and this is the city I am in ,so I am well aware of position and sun and rain. If you are in PN then you will be well aware of the chaos!!

M

michaelbush

Micheal you may not be aware but we have had more rain this year than usual which is causing chaos because of the lack of infrasrtucture in place. All the drains are blocking up and creating a bad stench .I do know Brasil and this is the city I am in ,so I am well aware of position and sun and rain. If you are in PN then you will be well aware of the chaos!!
I have not noticed any bad smells in my area, so I guess you dont live in PN. And the chaos? - you sound more like a journalist with the choice of words! In the Uk I remember chaos of leaves on the railways, the "wrong" type of snow etc . Is there anything you do like about Natal Dotty? It certainly appears that you would be happier somewhere else.

D

Dotty

Banned
There is no need to get upset Michael.I think you really do not understand actually what you are talking about.Do you not need to try and sell instead of wasting your time responding to my quotes.There is a gentlemen on the amba thread that needs your help!!Do you read Tribuna de Norte becasue maybe you will read some interesting articles in there about Natal!
I have not noticed any bad smells in my area, so I guess you dont live in PN. And the chaos? - you sound more like a journalist with the choice of words! In the Uk I remember chaos of leaves on the railways, the "wrong" type of snow etc . Is there anything you do like about Natal Dotty? It certainly appears that you would be happier somewhere else.

M

michaelbush

Well Dotty, I have been all over Natal today in the rain. You are such a pussy!! I have not seen any evidence of smells from bad drains etc. Have you visited Recife? There you do have bad smells. Do you remember heavy rain in the UK that floods out villages and cities? Is that bad infrastructure on a par with what you complain about? Please tell which drain you have molest you so much you have to write about it. Have you been to Spain- there you have bad drains when it rains unusually heavily too. The "chaos" you mention is no different from anywhere in the world when it rains heavily. Traffic is bad, and that is to be expected. You have nothing positive to say about Natal, I wonder why. What exactly is your agenda on this Forum. You say you are not an agent, but in the education business. You cannot spell,(even my name which is on every thread I post) grammar terrible, claim to know everything, but cannot answer simple questions. you have posted more proliferately in one month than most do in a year. Probably because you are so sad you have to start at 5 am in case you miss posting on a thread!

M

max_steel

hey dude ..enjoy rainy season these are some wonderful days you can enjoy it every way..with your childrens ..parents and with ur partner :)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
....you british guys crack me up. :D
You would think they could cope with the rain, since that is the one type of weather you are always guaranteed to have in the UK.

Although I was in London in May 2000 and it was sunny for 2 weeks in a row!!!!

D

Dotty

Banned
I love the rain!What I dislike is the chaos it causes here.When you go to Jacuma Resort to see the layout and are met by lagoons of water and are unable to pass easily then I get really pxxxxx off !Besides it has made me realise that to get to on a very wet day is not as simple as I thought and will not be investing in it and the sea tide was way to close to the houses and I quickly turned back.I have only been North on sunny days,so it was a good learning experience.VISIT IN ALL KINDS OF WEATHER if you can or get your agent to.

Status
Not open for further replies.