The Plantation - Belmonte

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sunnyshores

Several people have mentioned this development (plots for sale) in other threads ie Turtle Bay. It was sold by Colliers Internaitonal and R2i amongst others.

Did anyone else buy ?

S

Sunnyshores

just received an update about my land plot here - did anyone else buy?

R

rogermurie

Thankfully not.I think most of us on here recognised the lots for what they were- undersized,(at 360m2) ,overpriced (at $28,000 to $32,000) and inaccesible.Nothing personal honest so do not take offence.

S

Sunnyshores

why did some people on this forum buy at turtle bay next door then when they were even more expensive?
(Dont worry, not taking comments personally £14k isnt a lot of money and a good price for a speculative relatively safe punt into the Brazilian market)

R

rogermurie

why did some people on this forum buy at turtle bay next door then when they were even more expensive?
(Dont worry, not taking comments personally £14k isnt a lot of money and a good price for a speculative relatively safe punt into the Brazilian market)
SS It will be because Turtle Bay is a planned, branded integrated resort with a wide range of high class facilities with organised rentals managed by class acts Like David Lloyd. In comparison,Plantation has a few shared pools and a diner.There are no formal controls.You can build almost anything anywhere, anytime with few rules and it will probably end up a hotch potch.Where is the added value and growth there? 14k may not be much to you,but it is not an insignificant sum to many,including me and there are very many better places to invest than either of these.
Neither development is easy to get to.There is not a decent airport for hundreds of miles.

D

Dotty

Banned
I am not an investor in neither of these projects but if neither of the developments are easy to get to it is highly unlikely that a reasonable amount of rent will ever be achieved.Where building is concerned you will find that it is not easy to build anything where you like and how.Licenses takes 2 years at the very minimum unless the developer has all the licenses in place already to build a standard property within the licensing laws of whatever state it is in.
SS It will be because Turtle Bay is a planned, branded integrated resort with a wide range of high class facilities with organised rentals managed by class acts Like David Lloyd. In comparison,Plantation has a few shared pools and a diner.There are no formal controls.You can build almost anything anywhere, anytime with few rules and it will probably end up a hotch potch.Where is the added value and growth there? 14k may not be much to you,but it is not an insignificant sum to many,including me and there are very many better places to invest than either of these.
Neither development is easy to get to.There is not a decent airport for hundreds of miles.

S

Sunnyshores

So, Turtle Bay aims to attract European holidaymakers familiar with the branding of David Lloyd. I understood Plantation was more for locals, even permanent residents. Admittidley less rent, but a bigger pool of potential buyers.

Also, there are approved designs for building on the plots. If people want to build something else, it does have to fit certain criteria and needs its own permissions ie hassle. Yes, it will be a less homogenous resort than Turtle Bay, but again, as such, perhaps more likely to appeal to permanent residents and those with differing budgets.

I'm not saying its a good buy and as Dottie says with the nearest international airport being Salvador, the likeliehood of Germans, Dutch and Brits arguing over sunbeds seems remote! I'm just saying its aimed at a different market from Turtle Bay and other mega resorts along the coast.

I think both are set for completion in 2009, so time will tell....

R

rogermurie

I am not sure that locals would be interested in buying on a development dominated by brits or live permanently on a site with no completion date. Why would they want to buy under those circumstances? I may be wrong but i just cant see locals buying off Europeans and almost certainly not at those prices.They even had a price fix to buy another lot at the same price in 12 months! Why would they even consider that if these lots were going to go up in value at the projected rate? Sorry there is just no credible target market for these.They are overpriced and well marketed by some company very clever at it.
Does anyone have experience of trying to sell their lots here? I think that people will do well to even get back their initial investment here -then there are the costs of purchase etc involved too

D

Dotty

Banned
Rodger,I think that you are totally realistic and yes to re-sell on would be a very diffiult task indeed even to a European.and as for keeping value ??A Brasilian would not touch them as they are way over priced and they like to be around family and friends in their own circle which would be different to the resorts mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.