Completion dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wannaberich

Isnt it about time developers were more realistic with completion dates?
No project is completed on time so surely they should be made to compensate investors?This would give them more incentive to finish.
For those who know the market know not to take any notice of a completion
date given by a developer.However,many people,especially overseas
investors simply don't know.

G

Gashead

No project is completed on time so surely they should be made to compensate investors?This would give them more incentive to finish.
There already is an incentive to finish, penalties. But these are paid to the developer by the contractor and never passed on to the investor.

Delays are set to continue for a long time yet as cement supplies continue to be a problem.

Add a year to every completion date.

F

Fanny

Two years late is nearer the mark with Lake Terrace at JLT!

I

ironicman

Reply to DoBuy

Hi DoBuy

This is my 1st post as i have only just found this forum. I am currently making a purchase in Marrakech. My contract states that if the Developer does not deliver within 2 years of recieving the building permit then I can claim 1% of my purchase price for every month it is overdue. There is a 10% maximum penalty per year. I would obviously claim for the first 10 months and then claim again after 12months. Have I missed something or is it not me that gets this money? My legal representative hasn't told me that I won't get it if it is late being delivered. It seems to be an excellent incentive to the developer to get things done. I am also buying in Prague where the penalty is not so great and I am not even sure if the developer will even receive the build permit for that development. Regards.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.