Investing in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
We have all read a lot about the different investment opportunities in and around the Hurghada area. So much so that a pattern emerges indicating prices per m2 around 350 GBP per m2 in central Hurghada to 900 GBP per m2 in the big resort areas.
But what about the rest of Egypt? Does anyone have knowledge of investing in Luxor or Alexandria or in Cairo? What size and quality of properties are available in these places? What price per m2 would you expect to pay?
What are living standards like for ex pats living in these areas and what are the drawbacks?
If anyone has anything to contribute on these wider issues your comments would be very welcome.

A

awahee123

Banned
I would like to say if I were investing in any other part of Egypt than the Red Sea I would be looking at a lot more for my investment.
From what I hear even though Alexandria is on the med it can be wet at certain times of the year,Cairo I would have to Invest on the border as it is too busy, however from what I hear Luxor may tempt me I have yet to travel here and look forward to it.

H

hiszein

I don't recommend alexandria unless you are talking about the north cost. Cairo there is a lot of new projects in 6th October,Katamya A,B & C classes.
I don't recommend Cairo down town as its very busy and its a hectic going from place to another specially parking.
some of the big projects are Dreamland , Madinati , ElRehab,

A

awahee123

Banned
Anybody aware of prices in Alex,Cairo at all? Would it make any sense to make an investment in any other part of Egypt.?

J

JamesR

Luxor

I have just bought an apartment from Egyptian Experience in their new resort they have just launched in Luxor and the plans look great I have already stayed in their apartments in Sharm and loved it. This development is on the banks of the Nile and Luxor is like an open air museum with so much to see and the weather is fantastic all the year round - hope this helps

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Its good to hear from members who have bought in other places. Alexandria is an amazing resort on the Med coast - anyone bought there?

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

I have just bought an apartment from Egyptian Experience in their new resort they have just launched in Luxor and the plans look great I have already stayed in their apartments in Sharm and loved it. This development is on the banks of the Nile and Luxor is like an open air museum with so much to see and the weather is fantastic all the year round - hope this helps
Hello James,

Do you have more information about your flat in Luxor. Photos, prices, freehold?

Thanks

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What apartments have you stayed in, in Sharm? I take it Egyptian Experiance in Nabq?? What did you love about this? Egyptian Experiance is very close to the flight path and very very noisy.

We know that the weather is fab all year round in all resorts.

Sharm is very different to Luxor. Where have you previously stayed in Luxor?

Welcome your comments

Regards

Alison

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Other Locations

Friends,
If you look to invest in other places in EGypt theere is Ain Sokhna, North Coast (Not Alexanderia I don't recommend),Cairo there is Hyde park and other Damac properties

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JamesR

Egypt

I have purchased a 3 bedroom duplex with Nile views in Luxor. I have stayed many times in Luxor, staying at the Sheraton and Meridian I have also stayed in Hurghada and Sharm. Having stayed at the Egyptian Experience resort for 10 days I did not find it too noisy, the Russian planes are not good but then these affect a large number of resorts in Sharm. The staff were very friendly and we were well looked after. The design of the apartments with the large balconies and the furniture was really good cleary a lot of attention to detail has gone into them. The runway is also due to be moved to the other side of peace road and also another terminal will be started on soon in Sharm. The new terminal buildings in Luxor are finished and very smart. There are so many lovely places to choose from in Egypt and all very different so you have a great choice in one country

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - we like the Sonesta in Luxor.

Know what you mean about the Russian planes LOL.

I didnot know that they are building a 3rd terminal in Sharm. The new 2nd terminal is very smart and has a nice open airy feel.

I agree that there are so many lovely places to choose in Egypt and we really are spoilt for choice.

Good luck with your investment.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
your opinion

hi

weve raised the deposit to buy a 2nd apartment and toying with the idea on the one at pearl vista.

however we have seen the marlion residences in the centre of town but right on the beach with 10% rental guarantee and exit strategy to flip the place on completion.. its on at 32500 but for a studion..

take a look and have a gander let me know what u think

Last edited by a moderator:
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hi

weve raised the deposit to buy a 2nd apartment and toying with the idea on the one at pearl vista.

however we have seen the marlion residences in the centre of town but right on the beach with 10% rental guarantee and exit strategy to flip the place on completion.. its on at 32500 but for a studion..

take a look and have a gander let me know what u think
so where you plan to take your secondflat ?

L

Lsab

hi George,
we had thought of investing in Alexandria at one time. why would you not recommend it ?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hi George,
we had thought of investing in Alexandria at one time. why would you not recommend it ?
first returnt on invement there is not so good as red sea area, plus in Alex and north coast its busy and you can be there of summer months only , and rest of the year no tourism or travellers specialy norht coast its like ghoast towns in winter so my advice for you keep your investments in Egypt in Red sea Area

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

first returnt on invement there is not so good as red sea area, plus in Alex and north coast its busy and you can be there of summer months only , and rest of the year no tourism or travellers specialy norht coast its like ghoast towns in winter so my advice for you keep your investments in Egypt in Red sea Area
I agree, plus is gets pretty cold in the winter months.

L

Lsab

Thanks RedSea and Realestate, Maybe somewhere for us to consider when we eventually retire to Egypt as I love the cold and quiet:D I take your point about investment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.