Nile View Development Luxor

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
this place looks stunning

has anyone purchased here whilst all the attention is on hurghada??

regards

wayne

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
this place looks stunning

has anyone purchased here whilst all the attention is on hurghada??

regards

wayne
any agents available to provide accurate information and brochures on this development in luxor??

please pm me for my email address for brochure/info and availability to be sent.

purely for consideration at this moment!!

thanks in advance

S

sonia36

What do you think of Luxor??

Hi. My name is Sonia and I have just joined. I have visited Sharm a number of times as one of my friends is a rep lilving there. Personally I would very much like to purchase in Sharm or Hurghada but cant afford to do so alone and my business partner is adamant she wants to buy an apartment in the new complex being built on the East Bank of Luxor. I know absolutely nothing about this area and personally think that people only visit places like Luxor once to do the sights. Having been previously caught out with our apartment in Bulgaria which we just cannot rent out due to the market conditions, I am worried about investing in a further property that may not be rentable. The complex itself seems ok and certainly cheap enough (just under £20k for a large studio) but I would welcome any comments.. does anyone else actually own in Luxor or are you thinking about it?

Sonia :)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Sonia and welcome to the forum.

I saw this development whilst at the place in the sun exhibition last year.

I too have been to Sharm many times and I have also been to Luxor 3 times. The last being end of Nov / beg Dec last year.

I have purchased at Nabq in Sharm. Although I love Luxor and there is always plenty to see when we go back I would not buy there.

The caleche drivers and shop keepers are now an absolute nightmare and they are now putting me off going again. The fumes are now horrendous from the cruise boats.

You can still get a studio in Sharm or Hurghada for under £20,000 and it is only a 50 min flight from Sharm to Cairo and Luxor so prospective holidaymakers have the best of both worlds - glorious red sea and short flight to see the Ancient Wonders of Egypt.

I think a week at a time in Luxor is more than enough but I could spend weeks and weeks in the redsea.

Regards

Alison

S

sonia36

Hi Alison

Thanks for your reply. I am in deadlock with my partner at the moment. Personally I have never been to Luxor and I must admit, although this is a terrible thing to say, I do not have a lot of interest in it - I am purely a beach girl. My friend however visited Luxor a month or so ago and fell in love with it - she is unfortunately not a beach/holiday resort person and prefers sightseeing and the history associated with Egypt.
I already own small apartments in Cyprus & Bulgaria - both in beach resorts so I am used to the marketing and rental in such areas. I am very concerned about rental in Luxor - I certainly wouldnt know where to begin and I cant find any rental/management companies on the internet in the Luxor area at the moment, presumably as this is the first complex of its kind in Luxor :(

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Sonia - I took my friend with me last Nov / Dec to Sharm for her 1st visit to Egypt. We stayed in Sharm and spent the week - end in Luxor.

My friend loved Sharm. She loved the day cruise to Dendera and visiting the sites in Luxor but come the evening she hated it.

It is like marmite - love it or hate it.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Problem

Hi
I Love luxor and its amazing, but i don't think its possible to live there , only hotels are nice and good but city is very ancient and not lots to do, besides there was big big problems that the c=government removed all villas on the nice as it was illegal?? so does any one here know what is the final situation?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi George - yes you are correct. They have been evicting locals from the village of Qurna on the West Bank. There were a few left in Nov / Dec but not many. The village was made up of mud huts and the government claimed that they were damaging the tombs.

S

sonia36

But any idea on investment potential

Hi
Sorry to be a pest. I note it would not be nice to live in Luxor but do you know what it would be like investment wise and more importantly the rental side of things?

Sonia :eek:

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Sonia - In my opinion the reason you may find it hard to let it to foreigners is because alot of tourists book a package. This package is normally a week in Luxor with 4 days spent cruising the Nile so that they can see as much as possible. They are then given the choice by the tour op to spend another week in a hotel in Luxor or a week in the redsea.
Luxor attracts alot of Japanese and American tourists and it will be hard to market towards them as they normally tour Egypt in groups.

Georgina

Georgina

my business partner is adamant she wants to buy an apartment in the new complex being built on the East Bank of Luxor.

Sonia :)
Hi Sonia
I will be going to Luxor soon. I have been many times and like to visit as it is such a contrast to the Red Sea coast. If you have the details I can check it out if I have time or maybe it is close to where I will be. For me the attraction of the trip is a nice 5* hotel to be waited on and not have to cook :) I also want to do the Dendera boat trip as I haven't visited this temple before. It is about ten degrees hotter than the Red Sea in July and August though! We clocked up 47 degrees crossing the desert in my friend's car few years back.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi
Sorry to be a pest. I note it would not be nice to live in Luxor but do you know what it would be like investment wise and more importantly the rental side of things?

Sonia :eek:
Dear Sonia,
Did you hear about last Villas Totaly removal from the NIle coast side as it was illegal? for my opinon Luxor is very sensetive and noot easy as treasures every where and if they discover something under your house they will take it :)
my opinion Red Sea area is the best and reliable at the moment

M

M Butler

Hi George,

You know, we sort of thought about Luxor at one point also as an investment. What a good point you have raised there. Any sign of anything Pharaonic and down comes your house!!! The Luxor area must be covered in archaeology as it was the capital of ancient Egypt. Hmmm... maybe not such a good idea.

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.